PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find weapons with slots open?

Winterkill
04-21-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm tryin to find weapons and armor for all the characters *in 10* that have all empty slots...can i buy them somewheres or do i just find them thru searching places and fighting battles?

Zeromus_X
04-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Just go to the Airship and buy them from Rin. That's what I did when I wanted to customize equipment.

Phoenix Flame
08-03-2006, 02:06 AM
Errr...actually Zeromus_X here's one I can trump you on. If you are looking for empty weapons... I know that Rikku's empty one is in the sunken cave where you fight Shad...er, Yojimbo. Other than her's, you should try fighting in the monster arena after unlocking all the creatures because, depending on who you are fighting) the created monsters there drop weapons AND armor with w/a variety of auto-abilities. Alternately, fight Varuna (I think in Omega ruins AND inside Sin) who randomly drops empty 4 slot weapons as well as Adamantoise - again in both Omega ruins and Sin. If you are willing to shell out some pretty heafty gil though (and as long as you talked to Wantz on your way through Mt. Gagazet) you can buy them from him in Macalania woods! Good luck!

Hydra
08-03-2006, 03:37 AM
I thought there was a shop where 4 slot weapons were sold. o.0 Must be my imagination. :D

Edit:Bleh. I found a Death Touch weapon for Rikku, 3 more empty slots in The Cavern Of The Stolen Fayth.

Phoenix Flame
08-04-2006, 03:21 AM
I thought there was a shop where 4 slot weapons were sold. o.0 Must be my imagination. :D

Edit:Bleh. I found a Death Touch weapon for Rikku, 3 more empty slots in The Cavern Of The Stolen Fayth.

There IS such a shop!!!

Talk to Wantz (O'aka's bro) on your way through Mt. Gagazet (the first time, after you fight Biran and Yenke) and he'll tell you a sob story about O'aka getting jailed for helping Lady Yuna. <No remorse from me, he gets. I always found him annoying.>

Anyway after you talk to him you can find him later in the game in Macalania woods...although I'm not quite sure if he's IN the forest or somewhere around the Travel agency. He sells EMTPY 4-slot armors and weapons...but they are NOT cheap! Hope you've been gil-pinching. :)

EDIT: Actually, Wantz, O'aka's brother hangs out near the entrance to Macalania forest. I found the easiest way to get to him is to warp to the Thunder plains and head north to Macalania forest. Remember: he won't be there unless you spoke w/him at Mt. Gagazet on your first trek through.

Da Chink
08-04-2006, 07:58 PM
Monster arena is the Quickest...cheapest...most efficient way b/c you lvl as u hunt for weps/armors

Phoenix Flame
08-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Monster arena is the Quickest...cheapest...most efficient way b/c you lvl as u hunt for weps/armors

Sometimes - especially if you want 'triple AP' on a weapon, or are trying to go for some of the rarer auto-abilities. Much quicker than bribing, fighting/stealing and buying to customise. However - if you want to make an armour or weapon w/four specific qualities (ie: a weapon w/break Damage limit, one MP, Magic +20 and Magic booster - great for Lulu/Yuna) you should make the equipment yourself.