PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 6 as the best one . .[possible spoilers]

DarkCloud
07-29-2005, 11:52 AM
What is the best thing about FFVI? Share your thoughts.

Zeromus_X
07-31-2005, 02:11 AM
thats kinda vague. do you mean anything? then id say the glitch that happens when relm's sketch command fails! first time it happened to me, i was on triangle island, and i sketched a zone eater..then the screen glitched up and played kefka's final boss music, LOL!! then , when i reset the game i had all these items i didnt have before! i had a atma weapon, and i never got any treasure from the esper cave!! ha ha ha ha...just thinking about it makes me giggle! thats my favorite thing about ff6.(ps, has anyone else ever done that trick? pm me)

Legendary Shadow
08-03-2005, 07:04 AM
I'd have to say the best thing about FFVI would have to be Shadow, he's an awesome character, and he has a complex past that actually makes you think.

Zeromus_X
08-03-2005, 08:56 PM
shadow is awesome. is there an order to the dreams?

Legendary Shadow
08-03-2005, 10:16 PM
There is but it's been awhile since I seen them, I do know if you off him on the floating island (Meaning you left him on the island instead of waiting 'till the last 5 seconds) when you get Relm instead of a dream from his perspective you get a dream of Shadow. or Clyde, from her perspective and basically vice versa. All together I hear there is about about 5 dreams. Aside from Shadow's complex story, the man litterally does thousands of damage for free with his dog, and it costs little money to get his shukurens, which even in the World of Ruin is still overkill on some monsters.

Zeromus_X
08-03-2005, 11:07 PM
are there any clues to who Relm's mother is? (hopefully it's not Gogo...)

Legendary Shadow
08-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Well there isn't any clues about Relms mother, but I have an assumtion on her last name being Arrowny, since usually before you end up with a child you get married (And even if they didn't you'd still probably expect to have the woman change her last name to match the mans last name to fit in the family and such) So I'm also assuming Shadow's real full name is Clyde Arrowny. Other then that I've got nothing accept for her being Strago's daughter, which would explain why Relm calls Strago grandpa.

Zeromus_X
08-03-2005, 11:45 PM
There's a list of final fantasy characters at Wikipedia. It has all the Amano names compared to Ted Woolsley's names. Clyde's last name is Arrowny, sos Relm's, but Strago's(Stragus) last name is Magus. Maybe it's just his title as a mage? Relm could be adopted... so many questions... I just started a new game. (I cant decide if ff4 or ff6 is my favorite.... they're both just Wayyyy too good...) Im gonna try to name my people Amano's names, if they fit. Luckily, with ZSNES, i can skip through all the beginning talking parts. anyhoo, the site is www.wikipedia.com , and you just click on English, or whatever language you speak, and you search for "final fantasy characters" and itll give you a list of the characters names for pretty much every ff game! (except that Mystic Quest one) its a neat website!

...... sorry, i just had to get that off my mind. I just think of all that stuff all at once! well, at least this thread will have an orange envelope! :)

Legendary Shadow
08-04-2005, 12:09 AM
Well Relm could be adopted but it wouldn't explain some of the things Clyde says in the dreams, particularly the one he has when you first get him in the World of Ruin. and Magus could have been Relm's mother's
old name before she met Clyde. See? This is what I love about Shadow, he actually makes you think, or if you're lazy, he makes you read someone elses thoughts, which ever one fits the catagory.

Coelie
08-16-2005, 05:38 PM
uhm...hello talking about wandering off the subject...I'll bring us back to the subject again...The best I think abt ff6 is that laugh of kefka, I can't keep my eyes dry (due to the laughing hard) everytime I hear that Kefka laughing! hauhauhauhau :p

Coelie
08-16-2005, 05:40 PM
and I forgot to mention it but I think that purple octopus (can't remember the name) is pretty funny 2 he's a cool guy >.<

Spiff
08-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Characters, lots of characters

ShadowHeart
08-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Actually, there are too many characters in FFVI.. some of them have literally no background story, they just feel thrown in for the sake of having more characters. They could easily have gotten around with a couple less IMO..

The best thing about FFVI IMO is the story, with the battle against the evil empire, and in the end Kefka. I don't know, but that's what made the game seem so interesting to me at first and what kept me hooked the whole time.

c_power99
08-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Getting an 8 hit attack for the first time using the offering and genji glove relics.

Helkaweth
08-20-2005, 01:11 AM
The opera...yep...I'm a dork

Max the Man
08-20-2005, 11:22 PM
SOOOOOOOOOO many summons! :D

Spiff
08-22-2005, 01:35 AM
The opera...yep...I'm a dork

It's a classic, what else can you say! :)

Phoenix Flame
11-27-2005, 07:13 PM
It's a classic, what else can you say! :) - RE: Opera

I feel the same way. I can still hear it in my head if I think of the scenes, and most of the quotes.

The best thing about FFVI imo is the uniqueness of the characters and abilities - its not @ all like FFX where all the characters (except for Summon and Limit breaks) everyone ends up being equal.

LoKuS
11-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Everything, the game is perfect.

Arkacia
11-28-2005, 09:56 PM
I think the best thing about this game is that I've finally managed to get my hands on a copy of it. Now I'll finally be able to find out what all the fuss is about and if its really as good as a lot of people have said it is.

Phoenix Flame
11-28-2005, 10:39 PM
LOL! Well you could always ask us if you have any problems :)

Avathar
12-04-2005, 06:23 PM
the coolest thing that happened to me while playing FF6 was actually an error!
: (don't know the name of the town, the one in the outer west) the first time you are there, and you pick up Shadow. Then i decided to rest at the inn. And then the weirdest thing happened. You saw a scene outside the inn. Two men approaching eachother, they were talking like "So, are you coming later on, or do i have to wait?" "Yeah, i'll be there, but it might take a while." "Ah well, we'll see how it will turn out to be." "See ya later" "Bye, and don't forget it." "I will".

:eek:

*with a weird song on the background*

TELL ME, has anybody else encountered something like this? Something that wasn't supposed to happen?! I'm not joking :cool:

Phoenix Flame
12-05-2005, 10:30 PM
the coolest thing that happened to me while playing FF6 was actually an error!
: (don't know the name of the town, the one in the outer west) the first time you are there, and you pick up Shadow. Then i decided to rest at the inn. And then the weirdest thing happened. You saw a scene outside the inn. Two men approaching eachother, they were talking like "So, are you coming later on, or do i have to wait?" "Yeah, i'll be there, but it might take a while." "Ah well, we'll see how it will turn out to be." "See ya later" "Bye, and don't forget it." "I will".

:eek:

*with a weird song on the background*

TELL ME, has anybody else encountered something like this? Something that wasn't supposed to happen?! I'm not joking :cool:

I think what you experienced was a dream Shadow was having. He has those @ certain points during the gameplay. He's very mysterious. The dream actually changes depending on what actions you take throughout the game.

I have heard of a wierd glitch (even from some on this site) that gives you a read error and when you reboot the game you get exceptional items (Like the atma weapon) that you are NOT supposed to have @ that point in the game.

Avathar
12-06-2005, 08:04 AM
... well, after the 'dream sequence', nothing was changed. But at that time, i can assure you, it was freaking me out :cool:

Phoenix Flame
12-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Have you seen any more (or realized thats what they were) now that you know about em?

Avathar
12-10-2005, 01:29 PM
well yes, but those dreams were OBVIOUSLY dreams of Shadow ABOUT Shadow :cool: : In the World of Chaos, when i got Shadow back in my group, and i rested in..... (forgot the name)the village of Relm and Strago.

There you saw Shadow in a family-townspeople-crisis, and he ran away. But it was so focused on the one man in the dream, i figured it out that it was Shadow (in the dream he looked ....lord like :rolleyes: )

But that's as far as i remember of Shadow's dream sequences.

(oh yeah, also a weird "glitch" i had in FFIX (well, i was very drunk and have smoked a lot while i played :D ): when Bahamut was attacking Alexandria and you can control Steiner and Beatrix, i went into the street towards the mini-theater, and all of a sudden, i had to fight Bahamut!......after fighting the dragon, and both Steiner and Beatrix had HP 1, guess who came to the rescue:...................................QUINA!!! S/he defeated Bahamut by 'eating' the Dragon :eek: it tasted bad :D )

Phoenix Flame
12-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Wasn't Shadow a female ninja??? I get so confused about that - but I thought I remembered inuendo(s) about Shadow being a female...?

I think what I loved most about part VI was the vastness of the world. The gameplay was ok for the time, but the multiude of things that you could do were awesome.

Avathar
12-23-2005, 04:18 PM
...Shadow a woman?......mmmwell, in the dreamsequence.. Shadow still looked like a male Lord. Although THAT would be interesting :)

darkmajinvegeta
03-04-2006, 01:23 PM
attacks

darkmajinvegeta
03-04-2006, 01:26 PM
much more

baralai
03-04-2006, 02:20 PM
everything it's so funny its a very good FF game.

Zeromus_X
03-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Wasn't Shadow a female ninja??? I get so confused about that - but I thought I remembered inuendo(s) about Shadow being a female...?

Shadow is in fact a male. Thanks to a slight error in translation, when you rescue Relm or Shadow from the Cave in the Veldt, it will say "she", because they didn't make a separate dialougue for if you actually rescued Shadow.

*SPOILER*

Of course, Shadow is Clyde Arrowny, Relm's father, so of course he's a man. (Go through all his dream sequences and talk to the NPCs in Thamasa, and tell me he's not Relms dad :) )

Eru Iluvatar
04-25-2006, 07:32 PM
I know there are some here (like me)who think that this game is the best ff.
But..wouldn't it be nice if we named the reasons we believe it to be so?

First of all,music.
Mr.Uematsu always creates magnificence,but this time he outdone himself.Songs like ''Tina'' , ''Wanderer of Time'' or ''Aria Di Mezzo Carattere'' are not word-describable.

Depth of story and characters
There are so many characters in this game that you are bound to tend to like somebody,or to be paralleled with someone.The story is so thrilling and changes so dramatically that even the most offish player would have never imagined.You just want to experience that.

Difficulty
This game is one of the few that made me so pissed off with its difficulty.But that lead to my adoration of it consequently.

A constant urge to find out what's next
This game did not have a stagnant moment.Always ,there was something important to do.[not like ff8 for instance]

This is my point of view about what made ff6 my best ff.Of course these aren't the only factors that contributed to my view of the game's hypostasis,but they are just some of the many assets of this truly magnificent game.

What made Final Fantasy VI great,in your own estimation?

Zeromus_X
04-25-2006, 08:12 PM
It isn't what I'd say the best, but I do love all the FFs, so...:p

What did it for me was balance, the greatness in every aspect of the game (music, graphics, storyline, characters, system, etc.) and the way it kicked it off for later FFs.

simi87
05-01-2006, 09:59 AM
ff6 is maybe the best of all the ff...
probabily because its story is beautyful and the themes are great... and kefka is also one of the best enemies in the story of ff

Sephiroth v.2
05-01-2006, 10:14 AM
i love it it rules vargas is easy its the funniest game who exist wahahahahhahahhahhahahahahah!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D funnie game!!! i are in the peonix cave allready!!!

Seyluv
07-18-2006, 08:45 AM
I don't really think it the best one ever made. It is the third best, my all time favorite is ff7 and after that is ff8.

Avathar
07-18-2006, 02:50 PM
This game is one of the few that made me so pissed off with its difficulty.But that lead to my adoration of it consequently.

:rolleyes: Well, I must disagree with the first part, since in the World of Ruin you just find too many possible relics that are just that broken. (Offering, Moogle Charm, and the way that you can find the best weapons is quite easily done), but that actually doesn't bother me at all, 'cause of the mixture of that and the exciting gameplay of the World of Ruin (all little sidequests ^^) makes it one of the best Final Fantasy games.

Besides, I don't find one thing annoying on FFVI's story or its characters. :)^^

Zeromus_X
07-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Yeah, the game is pretty easy, at least every time after the first time when you know what to do.

nottingham
07-20-2006, 06:49 PM
FF6, IMO, is the best among FF games for all the reasons stated by you guys. Can you imagine how high on the collective fan assessment chart it could have reached, had the game come out after FF7?

dappa
09-11-2006, 08:15 AM
kefkas laugh always made me laugh. I think that having tonnes of characters is one of the best things of ff6

Spec Highwind
09-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Hum... the battling system is good. Kefka's jokes.... the magicite system... I'd say: Almost everything. FF6 is my favourite game =)

LoKuS
09-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Best....game....ever

Spec Highwind
09-20-2006, 04:03 PM
It's the kupoest game ever

ave
11-03-2006, 10:30 PM
ive got to go with the ending of final fantasy 6 its the best :)

dappa
11-03-2006, 10:48 PM
ive got to go with the ending of final fantasy 6 its the best :)

If your talking about the psone version, the extra videos for the ending are cool.

dappa
11-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I think out of the classics (ffs 1 to 6 it is the best).

Tonnes of things to do on it plus I like all those characters. There is a character for almost every situation.

The world of ruin is cool.

Spec Highwind
11-24-2006, 11:46 AM
One of the only things I don't like in this Final Fantasy is the ability/magic/summon system. Materia, Spheregrid and Job-system rule =P

Other than that, it's almost perfect. My favourite FF. (well... ex-aequo with FF11... but I don't think this one should be a numbered final fantasy... they should just have called it "Final Fantasy Online")

CiD
12-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Like all of u others i adore FFVI. And theres one thing that says that.

Characters!
So many of em and each one of them has a story of their own. (I know u cant count Umaros as one). There is sidetracks all over the world where u can learn more about each character. Just the idea to give shadow dreams is awesome. And all 7 of the dreams is so beautiful. And the strugle of being brothers *weep*.

I think i made my point here.

Zeon
12-27-2006, 04:28 PM
FF6 is pure genious. it was made for nothing more than pure greatnesss and tht is wat it has achieved :) it has a great number of characters, easy and hard aspects and loads of sidequests to make it intresting. the gaining back all your characters in the world of ruin is inspired :D:D makes the game more fun. and one of the main main characters is an optional person!!! how coool!!!!

i do actually like the graphics:) they wer 2D but still awesome. and enemy designs wer random but very well detailed. the party splitting battles rocked hard

AND DANCING MAD RULES :D:D:D:D:D

Phoenix Flame
07-14-2007, 06:00 AM
This is my second favorite FF... after X. ^ ^

Storyline IMO is the most important factor in RPGs - who you are and what you're doing there and VI's was just excellent. It seemed most of the main characters had a RLY good reason why they were after Kefka/the Empire. It kept you wanting revenge even AFTER you landed the last blow on Kefka :D

I think the originality of the characters also played a large role in this FF's success. From 1/2 humes to Ninjas to Treasure Hunters to 'Wild Child,' this FF had 'em all! ^ ^

dappa
07-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Another thing about ff6 is you can see some of the ideas from it in other final fantasies. like equipping espers - equipping Gfs (ff8) I could go on and on with a list but wont, I'll let other users think of a few.

This particular game was one of the first fantasies to have lots of optional areas to do and complete.

Phoenix Flame
07-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Was it the first where you fought an enemy (randomly) in an airship - ie: Doomgaze?

dappa
07-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Yes your correct there. You do fight some enemies on the airship on final fantasy 5 but it aint random so it dont count.

I was well surprised when playing ff6 and was attacked by doomgaze for the first time. But if you read the clues by the villagers in some of the towns you can guess something like that is going to happen. Afterwards you'll get the bahamut esper.