PDA

View Full Version : Am I the onlyone here who loves anime?

Cloud101
05-02-2006, 10:28 AM
If you are as big an anime fan as me, please, let's talk about it,(any kind)!

Avathar
05-02-2006, 10:56 AM
Allrighty ^_^. Let's start with the beginning.
I watched animé at the age of six, while i didn't knew it was a perticular kind of cartoon. I could hardly understand it, but i do remember i enjoyed it alot.
My first animé:
http://www.noos.org/anime/nostalgie/dragonball/images/dragonball.jpg
I always loved the whole Dragonball story, i haven't seen the first series since then , but i've bought the entire manga-comic-series by now. :D
Although Dragonball GT was kind of a downer :/. :D

Luis
05-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Hey, you described my own experience!
The first anime series I watched (the best in history, of course XD) was Dragon Ball, and at the age of 6 as well.
I still can remember it as if it was yesterday... :p
I've seen lots of anime series, but Dragon Ball is the best one (in my point of view). I mean, it's really well drawn, battles are amazing, and the story is good too.
The last one I've been into, and which I've enjoyed a lot is Inuyasha(I don't know if it's the original name of the series, however it's main character's name)

PS: Did you know that there exists a Japanese legend about a monkey boy who flies with a magic cloud?

Avathar
05-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Wow, there's really a legend like that? ^^cool, Dragonball is based on something. :D
And as you can see by my avatar and sig, one of the latest animes i'm in is Hellsing (Alucard ownes :) ).
But really the latest animé i've been into, is Samurai Champloo. I know a lot of people that don't seem to like it, but i like the style (grand mixture of urban and classic samurai :rolleyes: ).

Spiff
05-03-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm not as into it anymore as I was in high school. Dragonball Z was one of the best, but Voltron was good too.

Zeromus_X
05-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Wow, there's really a legend like that? ^^cool, Dragonball is based on something. :D
And as you can see by my avatar and sig, one of the latest animes i'm in is Hellsing (Alucard ownes :) ).
But really the latest animé i've been into, is Samurai Champloo. I know a lot of people that don't seem to like it, but i like the style (grand mixture of urban and classic samurai :rolleyes: ).
Yes, Saiyuki, 'Journey to the West'. In Viz's DB manga, they have a comparison between these two. (Or maybe it's the Shonen Jump magazine, I dunno.) There's actually another series called Saiyuki, also based on the same tale.

I love how each chapter is called a 'Tale' xD Or maybe that's just the U.S. version, meh. Still, I like the first Dragonball the best, and DBGT not so much. :/

Yeah, I also enjoy Champloo, if only because they made Cowboy Bebop, one of my favorite anime.

My favorite anime-

1.) Paranoia Agent
2.) Cowboy Bebop
3.) Fullmetal Alchemist (although alot was changed from the manga.)
4.) Rurouni Kenshin
5.) Yu Yu Hakusho

Unfortunately, very few anime seem to stand out other than the 'OMG we're fighting' type, but who doesn't enjoy giant energy domes and exploding planets every now and again? ;)

Zerlina
05-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Dragon Ball was my first anime too. I didn't know what anime was though. I just thought it was a funny cartoon. I still remember that when my mom made me go outside and get stuff from the garden (we had more time then and stuff actually grew), I imagined I could be like the people on Dragon Ball, and use martial arts to get all the beans faster. Too bad imagination doesn't work that well. I just got in trouble for wasting so much time.

Don't even get me started on playing Sailor Moon at recess! It's how I got my first detention -__-.

Cloud101
05-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Don't think it immature, but my first was SailorMoon,(I was 7).

Avathar
05-04-2006, 10:35 AM
The second animé i watched was Techno Man. :eek: An AMAZING story, and awesome characters. :D I remember quite a lot of it, but i haven't seen it since i was 7-8 years old.... and i think that was the first cartoon i've seen in English. :) (While Dragonball was in French^^)

Cloud101
05-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Wow everybody is alot older than me exept my fellow Holy Knight, Zerlina. My second was DragonBall.

Reno
05-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Dude, I'm younger than you...*sniff*

Anyway, yeah, I love anime!! Love Hina, Chobits, Fruits Basket, Yu-Gi-Oh, Fushigi Yuugi, Pokemon (I still think it's pretty good, even though the eyes kinda suck...).....uh...I can't think of anymore....But those, yeah!!

Luis
05-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Well, in my point of view, anime nowadays has nothing to do with anime some years ago. I mean, I can't compare series such as Dragon Ball or Dr.Slump with Pokemon or 'Yu-Gi-Oh'(is it written this way?)
Haven't you ever seen Mucleman?(or Kinnikuman in Japanese)
It was one of my favourites. As I child, I used to see this one and Dragon Ball the most.
Cowboy Beebop is a nice one too, the last episode made me feel...things :p

ThroneofDravaris
05-10-2006, 08:27 AM
I guess I would consider myself a fairly big Anime fan. I tend to be rather selective about what I watch (usually only Mecha, Romance or Comedy) but I usually rave on about anything I deem decent for months after I've watched it.

First anime I watched was Sailor Moon when I was about 8. My favorite would easily be Neon Genesis Evangelion (Not a very original choice, but there is a reason why everyone names this as the best...), although honorable mention would go to His and Her Circumstances, despite the terribly anti-climactic ending.

In general, I tend to watch anime subbed when I can, but unlike a large proportion of anime fans (who tend to be elitist pricks on this issue IMO) I'm not adverse to watching anime dubbed. I’ve actually been known to enjoyed the English Voice acting in series like Cowboy Bebop and His and Her Circumstances far more than the original Japanese.

Reno
05-10-2006, 04:30 PM
I actually only recently got into Anime properly (probably about a year ago *shrugs*), so i suppose I'm not at liberty to say that I'm a real anime-fanatic, but it still ROCKS!! I love Comedy. I've recently been looking for Fushigi Yuugi (anime version), but i can't find it anywhere in English. I have a feeling they haven't done it in english yet. I wish they would. *sniff*

Avathar
05-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Am I the onlyone here who loves anime?
No, you're not. ^_^
http://kenshin.gloriousforest.net/gallery/couple051.jpg

Reno
05-10-2006, 05:49 PM
simple and very very true. ^_^

Cloud101
05-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Oh yeah, don't forget to wish my friend, Capitan Blue, a warm welcome, he goes to school with me!

Spirit
06-23-2006, 09:31 PM
I love anime. My favorites are Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebob

Fire Lord
06-23-2006, 10:42 PM
no your not

Cloud101
07-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Has any one seen the anime series, Negima? I like it alot and was wondering if you agree.

Naruto
07-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Cloud101 are you crazy who dosn't like anime

Hydra
07-07-2006, 09:30 PM
lol, I'm getting more and more into my Tenchi Muyo DVD's. At first I didn't like it. 0_o

Cloud101
07-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Tenchi Muyo... finaly someone else that's heard of it, or likes it. Man I looked everywhere and couldn't find a single person who knows who he is. Thank you so much!!!

Cloud101
07-08-2006, 12:38 AM
Oh, sorry guy's, I didn't mean to get all toutchy feely on you.

Tifa Lockheart lover
07-09-2006, 02:11 AM
i love them

Greendragon
07-09-2006, 10:12 PM
:mad: uhh.. cloud..wats with the TRIPLE POSTING? dont do that, edit ur first post. :mad:

i LOVED the db-dbz-dbgt series, one time when i was like 6 or so i was flipping thru channels one day, like the day after we got cable. at like 7 am. and i found a dbz episode. i loved it. but then for a few years i couldnt find it again cuz i never payed enuf attention to what the name of the show was, so not untill like 3 years later i found it again on the cartoon network. toonami i think.then i was hooked. and i watched the whole dbz series as it came about. then after that was over i went to some stores and found all the DB tapes, so i watched all those. but i never REALLY got into the dbgt series, i bought like 6 tapes of it. but i didnt see any point to go buy more. so yea i was really into db.

PS: i do own all the budokia's though. =) sweet games.

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-10-2006, 12:23 AM
How bout Inuyasha thats a cool anime.And Cowboy Bebop.

Spirit
07-14-2006, 07:19 PM
anime will always be in my heart and life. I thank the Japanese for anime.

Hydra
07-16-2006, 02:19 AM
lol, I skipped from 4 to 6 in Tenchi Muyo.. I dunno if there's anything major I need to see in 5. XD

Judgment
07-18-2006, 05:36 PM
I love anime, my favorite movie is Fist of The North Star... if you haven't seen it you should check it out.

Hydra
07-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Evangelion is a good anime...though I risked dropping it when I saw the mass producing of Rei. XD It's certainly a weird story, but it's pretty good.

Cloud101
07-23-2006, 08:50 PM
I watch all of the anime on adultswim. And if any one has comcast,(It's digital cable for those of you who don't know), It's so awsome isn't it, I mean man a whole bunch of anime fresh for the picking. I like "Negima" and "Moon phase", and oh yeah "This ugly yet beautiful world" too!

Cloud101
08-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Let's talk about Manga too!

Yoko Kurama
09-27-2006, 11:16 AM
My favorite manga/anime is Yu Yu Hakusho. It's the best. Plus, it's where I got my username.

Cloud101
09-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Has anybody read the Sailor Moon manga? Get ready for this... Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune are lesbians! They just hid it in the american versions of the anime!

Blaze
11-17-2006, 11:03 AM
My first was yugioh then it was Dragon Ball

Blaze
11-17-2006, 11:05 AM
My first manga was By The Sword

Ryan
11-21-2006, 06:15 AM
Ghost in the Shell pawns all! I love this anime so much! it's so kick ass!

Cloud101
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
Yeah, it was pretty good, Oh and I watched the second movie, it was cool that Bato got to see Major Kunisaki again. :)

Ryan
11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
Ya, I can't wait until S.A.C. Solid state society comes out on DVD.

Axel
11-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Samurai-X, Van Helsing, Trigun, and others

Miyu_
11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
I like a lot of different kinds. By the way, Soma... do you have any of the Nagima manga? I've only read through about 5 and was wondering if you had any I could borrow.

Cloud101
11-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Sorry, I don't have any Miyu.:(

Oolyan
11-27-2006, 12:08 PM
my fav manga.anime is an odd one my fav is FLCL and i really dont know why i just really like

Cloud101
11-27-2006, 12:11 PM
It has a hidden meaning within the story, that few notice, I like it!

Axel
11-27-2006, 04:17 PM
I agree with Oolyan, FLCL kicks anime butt.

Yoko Kurama
11-28-2006, 12:09 PM
I love FLCL. Especially the episode where the mayor's daughter (I think that's who it was) turns into a monster thingy and eats the curry. Haruko is awesome.

Axel
12-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Has anyone heard of Ergo Proxy? The anime is coming out soon.

Yoko Kurama
12-04-2006, 11:38 AM
I think it looks good. The artwork looks kicka$$!!!

Blaze
12-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Hey Cloud101 for your question no you are not the only one who loves anime

Axel
12-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Hence the purose of this thread? Anime lovers?