PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

Tiny Bronco
05-09-2006, 10:29 PM
HALO 3!!!!!
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooa! :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool: :D HALO 3 has finally been anounced by Bungie! It looks so so so real. Whach the trailers at Bungie.net. ;)
Thought you'd like to know.
They brought back the Assult Rifle! :eek: :cool:
I haven't been this excited since I found a second compy of FF7. That means I'm incredibly excited.

Does anyone else like Halo at all? If so...post.

EDIT: Or not like Halo.

SethirothVII
05-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Its alright but halo 3 is going to be great also its on PS3

Tiny Bronco
05-14-2006, 12:42 PM
No its not on PS3. Microsoft would loose so much money if they let Square have the rights to sell Halo 3.

Q

What systems is Halo 3 available for?

A

Halo 3 is being made for the Xbox 360.

From the camal's mouth itself. Amd by camal I mean Bungie/Microsoft. :D

SethirothVII
05-14-2006, 12:44 PM
it might be on the ps3 but it was aid halo 3 is comin out same day as the ps3 now hey said it wont microsoft should know that a game will never beat a console

Tiny Bronco
05-14-2006, 12:55 PM
Dude. You can't sue for software if you created it. Thats why pattents exsist and why every single company's name has a TM(Trade Mark) or r with a circle around it. You can sue for software that was made by another company and you stole it. But none of that matters because Microsoft didn't steal any software, because none of Sonys Software would work on an Xbox 360. Besides, Sony couldn't sue for Halo 3 because 1. Microsoft could just pay off the courts :D 2. Bungie made Halo 3 not Micr. They just gave the money. 3. Sony has no legal ties what-so-ever to Halo 3's rights. Quit spreadin rumors.

EDIT: Hey. You change your post. Now I have to answer all over Again. No Halo 3 could never beat PS3 head on. But I don't think Halo 3 is even close to beigning ready since it was moved back to 2007.

SethirothVII
05-14-2006, 12:58 PM
they dont have to use it of course but they have to share the info about the software some international gaming act done through the UN i think

SethirothVII
05-14-2006, 01:09 PM
oh yea i forgot TM trademark trade means selling or sharing its the little c in a circle what means copyright TM really means nothing

Tiny Bronco
05-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh. Laws are confusing.

EDIT: How do you scale down an image? :o I'm having trouble getting a screenshot from bungie here. The MC looks so real.

SethirothVII
05-14-2006, 04:07 PM
you could use paint or photoshop the only ways i know or you could put it in as a attachment not a image so its like a link

Sephiroth Reborn
05-19-2006, 07:20 PM
halo is the most overrated franchise ever.

Zeromus_X
05-19-2006, 11:50 PM
How many Halo games are there going to be? Aren't there a certain number of Halos in the series? (My friend theorized that there would be as many games as however many Halos there are.) I don't know anything about the story, so meh.

Tiny Bronco
05-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Halo 3 is the last game of the series. They say it wraps everything up. However there are 5 or so books that tell you the whole story before Halo: Combat Evolved. Most people don't like Halo because either they don't get the story having not read the books or played Halo1. Though a lot of people have said its too hard because there's no smart scope/auto aim to help you shoot enimes with accuracy. I like that part. :o Makes it a challenge.

And if you don't have X Box live, brothers, or friends to play Halo 2 with its not so great because it was made for multiplayer.

Triton
06-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Halo 3 looks amazing. I don't think it is as over rated like some seem to say. It has an excellent storyline and demands skill of its players. As for software not beating a console, on some level that is very true, but let us remember that it was Halo that peaked interest in the Xbox saving it from destruction and allowing it to manifest it self as an excellent system. Sometimes it is just one solid, much talked about game that can build an industry. Don't get me wrong though, I am not an Xbox lover. Playstation all the way!

Hydra
06-03-2006, 07:44 PM
lol, I'm not into Xbox, but I'll play Halo. :D I'm even making a Halo 3 signature. I'll let you guys see it when I'm done. Meh....I'll wait for Halo 3, convince a friend to buy it, and play it over there.

darkshadow2247
06-03-2006, 08:09 PM
meh...to answer a few questions.

1.) i believe there are three official halo novels: Halo: The Fall of Reach, Halo: The Flood, and Halo: First Strike. The Fall of Reach is a prequel and tells what happened to the other 32 abled-bodied SPARTAN-IIs, The Flood is a book version of Halo: Combat Evolves, and First Strike and acts as a bridge between Halo: Combat Evolved, and Halo 2.

2.) there are 7 Halos, each with its own "Monitor" that controls the sentinels. the monitors are of the Halos (respectively) are 1, 7, 49, 343 Guilty Spark, 241 Penitent Tangent, 16807, and 117649.

3.) there will only be 3 halos games as said, its not called a trilogy for nothing.

Triton
06-04-2006, 12:38 AM
I think you have good plan Hydra.

Hydra
06-04-2006, 04:23 AM
lol, they'll probably make so many freaking ports of the game. :D

Oh, and got done with the signature. I'm not going to current it though. Gonna current another later. Once I make it. XD

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h228/Iceberg90/IcebergHalo2.jpg

Spirit
06-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Man, Halo3 is going to be so fricking awsome. I just can't wait and it just pisses me off when they held games back farther:(.

Hydra
06-28-2006, 04:08 PM
At least it's being made... o.0

richboywonder
06-29-2006, 12:31 AM
for real

Tiny Bronco
11-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Gobbs of new Halo 3 information were released this weekend In game magazines and such. If you don't suscribe to any magazines like me then there are some new scrrensshot at bungie. Click on the weekly update and there is a purposely small map there that looks Sweetish like Fish. (Like the candy Sweetish Fish) ;)

Cloud101
11-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I have all three books ASSULT RIFLE!!! I read the article for Halo3 in game informer, man it rocks!

Axel
11-20-2006, 04:16 PM
It is not exacly the same assult rifle, like Master Chief's armor, they have modified the weapons. The Needler is not dual-wield. There is the new Spartan Laser, an the Spiker. There is a new addition to the grenade family, the Spike Grenade. The team from Electronis Gaming Monthly has played the multi-player on Halo 3.
Halo all the way.

Tiny Bronco
11-20-2006, 07:16 PM
And from some non-descriptive accounts from Electronis Monthly apparently the Needler Owns all now.

I've always loved the needler despite how useless it was. A gun that shoots 36 rasor sharp crystals that explode on contact with flesh is cool no matter how crappy it is compared to other guns.

And I'm so happy they are bringing back a version of the assult rifle! :)

Cloud101
11-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I read about them! Man the anticipation!!!

Office Jesus
11-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Halo 3 is going to be the bomb when it comes out!!!!!!! specially with the new weapons

Axel
11-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Don't forget the new Halo movie.

Tiny Bronco
11-26-2006, 03:15 PM
They haven't talked about the movie at all lately :confused:

3 More great looking New Screenshots from Bungie. Man that Mongoose looks like a great adition to the line up. Can't wait to drive it around on huge highways! A new picture of Spike grenades and a Spartan Laser shot.

And the MC looks so damn real.

Oolyan
11-27-2006, 11:50 AM
nobody mention'd the mancannon wat bout the mancannon. oh man mancannons own

Axel
11-27-2006, 04:09 PM
The Mongoose, Man-cannons, New weapons, I'am such a fan-boy. *_*

(But until then, I'll be playing Gears)

Oolyan
11-27-2006, 04:12 PM
only untill i steal it and your 360 then ill randsome it back to you for your ps3 and then ill sell the ps3 on ebay an ingeinous plan muahahahah

Axel
11-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Sorry, I have already freezed it in carbonite. It is on its way to Jabba's palace! By the way do you know a Boba Fett? He called and said he left his jet pack under your bed.

(BURN)

Oolyan
11-28-2006, 12:27 PM
mesa is gonna send rambo binks after yousa

Tiny Bronco
11-30-2006, 08:56 PM
WARNING MAJOR RANT HERE. IF YOU WANT OT SKIP TO THE HALO PART SCROLL DOWN TO THE THE BRIGHT COLORFULL LINE.

And I am aware I went incrediably off-topic here, but I made this thread so ha.

I hated all of the episodes Star Wars. The original ones were fabulouse, but the episod ones were terrible, ruined the original storyline because they messed up so many character pasts, and it was all a MARKETING PLOY!!!!!!. George Lucas says "Gosh Darn Golly. I'm running out of money and The several million in royalties I get a year isn't ennoff for me. I think I'll go make ANOTHER STAR WARS MOVIE!!!!!!! Better yet...3 MORE STAR WARS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the best part is They can be worthless peices of crap and People will still watch them because the originals were so good!" Did people ever notice that in the original movies there was maybe at most 80 different kinds of Vehicles or weapons, or characters...And then all of the sudden there are out come 3 more movies that have several hundred Vehicles, weapons, and charaters!!!! Why? Because then Toy companys can make butt loads of action figures and toys, sell them all to little eager people who think that just because Star Wars is printed on it, it must be good. Then George I'm gonna ruin my own creation Lucas gets millions more in royalties and can go buy a couple more houses.

Not saying that every single part of the Episode movies were bad, but the majority of it was. Please people Stcik to the origionals Star Wars and instead of whatching those other moviers read the books that cover Episodes 1-3. They are much better.

Bright pretty line begins here.
============================
And ends here.

At bungie.net they've been mentioning that they are running a TV commercial for Halo 3 on Monday night football December 4th. This is the upcomming monday. Bad part is this is only on cable so if someone who has cable could please whatch it and then tell us all about it I would love you forever. There is a screenshot from the commercial at bungie.net. Thanks. :)

Staircase
11-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Bad part is this is only on cable so if someone who has cable could please whatch it and then tell us all about it I would love you forever.

On dec 5th search for Halo 3 commercial on youtube, and you will get a couple hits. I'm one hundred percent sure it will be on youtube, almost every game commercial is. ;)

Tiny Bronco
11-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Dah. What a great idea. Thanks.

Oolyan
12-01-2006, 12:17 PM
$%#@ You Tiny Bronco All Of The Star Wars Own Especially The New Three And They Do Not Ruin The Past Of Others Just Make It More Explained And Such You Are Just To Dumb To Realize How Great They Are My Fave characters are in episode one and thats all but still i mean come on but sorry for getting off topic

Axel
12-02-2006, 02:05 PM
I should have stopped before it started, I apologize Tiny. I'm not a football fan, but to see the first Halo 3 commercial, F*** Yeah I'm a football fan! All I can do to keep the tension down is to read Halo3/Halo Wars reviews and play Gears of War.

Tiny Bronco
12-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Halo stuffs below;)

Oolyan
$%#@ You Tiny Bronco All Of The Star Wars Own Especially The New Three And They Do Not Ruin The Past Of Others Just Make It More Explained And Such You Are Just To Dumb To Realize How Great They Are My Fave characters are in episode one and thats all but still i mean come on but sorry for getting off topic

Though it should be in another thread I don't think its hurting anyone to post here.
In repley to that all I say is read the original books and then you will see how screwed up the new star wars are and how they screwed up the old star wars. The first star wars movies were acurate to the books and in my opinion even better than the books. The new star wars changed the back stroy of the original movies and their books. An example is that boba fett, acording to the films, is a stupid clone boy that got all of his gear from his father. Where as in the books he is an ex-storm trooper who decided to become a mercenary fter the empire did many stuffs that resulted in him being pissed. In my opinion the books way is much much better.

Here
And now on to Halo 3. The new commercial aired yesterevening and following Staircases's advice I looked it up on Youtube.com and was able to enjoy the commercial as many times as I liked. (Go to youtube.com aand search "halo 3 commercial")

At first I whatched the commercial without sound because you tend to miss a lot of stuff when you are listening to the dialog. Then I whatched it with sound.
My impression (probably wrong) is that those two boys in the begining are either the MC as a child looking up at the heavens and saying that he hopes to meat others from different planets which is ironic because in the future he fights those beings.

My second interpretation is that those 2 boys are from the past and the purpose of them in the commercial is to show how much has changed since the Covenent ran into humans.

What are your thoughts?

Tiny Bronco
12-07-2006, 07:11 PM
When do you people think that HALO 3 will be released.
It can safely be assumed that it will come out sometime in 2007 because of the trailer and other information.

By my logic H3 will come out on Nov. 1, 2007.
Way to far away for me, but It'll be worth it.
My logic is...

HALO ------November 2001
HALO 2 ----November 2004
HALO 3 ----November 2007

Sees a pattern? There has been a 3 year gap between each launch. Since we already know that H3 is released somewhere in 2007 I'm betting it will stay consistant with the others.

However, There is also some sya that H3 will be released in March-May of 2007. It would be wise for Microsoft to get H3 out ASAP because right now they are going to loose their hold on the gaming market with the PS3 and Wii *ick I hate that name*. Since H3 isn't ready for the Christmas Shopping season the next sensible release date would be right before Summer Break for schools.

What do you think?

Axel
12-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Tiny have you seen the Halo Wars trailer that came out of X06 in Spain? Esemble Studios will be working on the project.Take a look for yourself. (http://halowars.com/)

Tiny Bronco
12-10-2006, 05:55 PM
I've read a bunch about halo wars, but didn't know there was a trailer. Thanks.

Tiny Bronco
01-31-2007, 09:21 PM
A friend O mine was picked to enter in the public Halo 3 test coming around sometime this Spring so I'll be posting about that by the end of March. If anyone else was registered for the test please post too because my friend tends to exaggerate a bit.

Axel
02-01-2007, 11:28 PM
I have already reserved my copy of Halo 3 Legendary Edition.

Tiny Bronco
02-17-2007, 04:23 PM
*Music from 2001 Space Odesy plays*
Lots O nifty and spiffy halo stuffs on bungie.net, but I'll post it here anyways. Color coded to serve you better.
First ups. Bungie hints that the next batch of Halo 2 multiplayer maps will be coming out relatively soon. Like spring. Also, the Halo 3 beta test will be starting in spring-ish.

Much more important... NOTE: If you want to skip the controller junk drop down to the colorful line.

Multiplayer Control Scheme as of 3:43pm Today (subject to change).

Left and right sticks: Movement and look. Just like H2.

Click left and right sticks: Crouch and zoom – just like H2, although there is a “toggle crouch” option, so that you can stay crouched until you click the stick again.

A: Jump

B: Melee attack. Note: B may also be used to activate a subtle, but nifty context-sensitive feature.

Y: Switch to next weapon.

X: Activate mysterious new feature which on the cool scale falls somewhere between “crouch” and “activate Fantanas on speed dial.”

LT: Toss grenade.

RT: Shoot weapon.

LB: Cycle grenade type (you have at least three types of grenade now, so they must be cycled rather than switched).

RB: Pick up weapon/activate stuff/reload/use turrets and so on.

Note: If you hold LB while standing over a dual wieldable weapon, you’ll pick it up in your left hand – a huge improvement over the “Y” button in Halo 2. This doesn’t affect grenade cycling, because you can still tap LB to cycle grenades, but you can’t toss ‘em while dual wielding anyway. So it’s moot. After about ten minutes of play, it feels incredibly natural, with the lone downside that you have trouble adjusting when you go back to Halo 2. But more vitally, LB reloads the weapon in your left hand, individually when you’re dual-wielding.

BACK: Calls up the Multiplayer “player menu” – where you can mute jerks, see gamer data and so on. The back button is useful, but tough to press in really hectic action, since it’s so close to the Guide button.

START: Pause menu (which is translucent so you can adjust controls without losing track of what’s on screen) and one or two other significant goodies we haven’t revealed yet. From here you can also end or quit a game, naturally.

D-PAD: Used for sweet circular fighting game moves. No wait, my bad - it is currently used to activate team chat, but that’s very provisional. This is being given a lot of care and attention and is tied to other matters, such as your default settings and how team chat and proximity voice work. You’d be amazed how much testing and thought goes into this stuff.

==================================================
Most important...
PICTURE (http://www.bungie.net/images/news/inlineimages/H3smaller_H3-Teaser_vertical.jpg)
A very interesting picture!!! Not only does in look cool, but it also says Fall 2007!!!
I'm guessing somewhere in November.

jedi geoff
02-18-2007, 12:23 AM
hopefully, but doubtfully, they will make it on xbox 1 so i can play cuz i highly doubt im getting an xbox 360....i love the first 2 though

Tiny Bronco
02-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Hate to pop your bubble, but Halo 3 is going to be on the Xbox 360 only. Microsoft wants to sell more 360s and to do that they need great games only on the 360. And Halo 3 has way to much information on it for an Xbox graphics card to work. Just look at the screenshots that aren't even finished yet!

jedi geoff
02-22-2007, 07:26 AM
*sigh* thats why i said doubtfully....oh well id prefer a crappy looking halo 3 on xbox than a good looking xbox 360 version, graphics is probably the thing id least care about for a game...

Gackt Camui
03-08-2007, 12:44 PM
I have only played this game on multiplayer believe it or not.

Axel
03-08-2007, 06:54 PM
That is the best way to experience Halo.

Squall Leonhart
12-09-2007, 01:40 AM
Love Halo 3. Xbox live tag: Squalljedi