PDA

View Full Version : Is Vincent Immortal?

Tiny Bronco
05-29-2006, 07:54 PM
In the FF7 manual it says Vincent is 27 years old. However, I remembered that Sephiroth was at least 21 years old. This wouldn't usually matter except that Vincent was a Turk at the time Sephiroth was born! :eek::eek::eek: So this means that Vincent would have to be 6 years old when Sephiroth was born!!! Now I don't think Shinra would make a 6 Year old a Turk. At first I assumed that after Hojo shot Vincent and then used him as an expeirement Hojo simply put Vincent to sleep in the coffin and this stopped Vincent from ageing. Thus Vincent is really older than 27, but he was 27 when he was shot, turned into a monster, and put to sleep. What this means is that Vincent was 27 years old when Sephiroth was born. BUT, he was in a drugged sleep for 21 years while Sephiroth grew up and then Cloud woke him up. So Vincnet is physically 27 years old yet he has exsisted for 48 years. This is how I first explained Vincents age. Then along comes Advent Children and in the AC mannual thing it states that Vincent is still 27 years old even though AC happens 2 years after FF7's original events! :confused: Okay so now Vincent hasn't aged in 2 years of saving the planet and 21 years of sleep.
Now I think that when Hojo first opperated on Vincent, not only did he make him into a monster, but he somehow(by accident I think) either slowed down Vincent's ageing proccess a lot or made him so that he doesn't age! So I credit Hojo with being the first FF scientist to discover the fountain of youth. :D :cool:

Does anyone have any comments or questions about this. Or am I missing something in the plot that could explain this? Please post.

Lucavi86
05-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Thats weird :p I think they meant that Vincent was 27 when Sephiroth was born and then he aged and so on, but maybe he didn't really age when he slep and all those monster transformations he can do set him back a little age wise? That's all I can think of. Makes you wonder what Square Enix in thinking for his character.

Zeromus_X
05-29-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm pretty sure it just means that Vincent doesn't age because of Hojo's experiments. (And being in a coffin for like 30 years.) I'll need to check the Ultimania guide translation for info, but I'm pretty sure that's all it is. (This is probably why people seem to think Vince is undead or a vampire, and because of his gothic appearance and attitude.)

Phoenix Flame
05-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Can't say I'd blame em for thinking that. He was always a cool character, w/his transformations and all.

Avathar
05-30-2006, 06:39 PM
Physically he doesn't age. But what about mentally? =/

Tiny Bronco
05-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Vincent will always keep his cool.
Nothing can shake him up accept Lucrecia or whatever the name is.

Avathar
05-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Well, if he does age mentally, than he's not immortal, right? :cool:

Tiny Bronco
05-30-2006, 06:49 PM
True. Poop. Vincent can't die. Someone has to keep Nanaki company for the next 500+ years. :(

Zeromus_X
05-30-2006, 06:49 PM
I don't really like going into these 'theories' any more than necessary, but we can assume he ages mentally, I would suppose. (It doesn't really matter that much, does it?)

Phoenix Flame
06-01-2006, 05:11 AM
Don't Vamires age mentally? Like in movies and stuff? If you don't "age" mentally, wouldn't you be a vegetable?

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 05:22 AM
I'm pretty sure most things capable of intelligent thought could age mentally, but you never know.

And Vincent isn't a vampire. xD

Avathar
06-01-2006, 08:41 AM
Don't Vamires age mentally? Like in movies and stuff? If you don't "age" mentally, wouldn't you be a vegetable?

Vincent is not a vampire. :p He shares equal characteristics of one, but, for example, he doesn't need blood to survive, and he can perfectly stand sunlight. ;)

The Vampire mythology that i've read (not the Dracula stuff, but about the Children of Caine^^) :

Vampires need blood to survive. They do not age physically, but they do age mentally at a very slow tempo. But an ancient vampire, that has lived for a couple of millenia, would eventually perish, for his brain wouldn't function anymore. (Vampires don't need a heart, but they do need a brain, although they're undead :p)

So i do think Vincent will die eventually from age, mentally, not physically. =/

Someone has to keep Nanaki company for the next 500+ years.

Nanaki's species live for that long? =D

murza
06-01-2006, 12:55 PM
i agree with avatar maybe it was something to do with the coffin?

i dont think th experiment stopped him aging since everyone wouldnt be aging if that was the case. Plus when he came out of the coffin he said sommat about nightmare maybe thats a clue? i was thinking mayb his punishment was to live until the world end???? lol tell m what u think?

Zeromus_X
06-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Nanaki's species live for that long? =D

You did watch the ending, didn't you? :p

Tiny Bronco
06-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Yes Nanaki's species lives that long. In the end FMV it said 500 years later and Nanaki had cubs! Nanaki still looked healthy though. He had a neat beard.

murza
i agree with avatar maybe it was something to do with the coffin?

i dont think th experiment stopped him aging since everyone wouldnt be aging if that was the case. Plus when he came out of the coffin he said sommat about nightmare maybe thats a clue? i was thinking mayb his punishment was to live until the world end???? lol tell m what u think?

Vincent was in the coffin because he wanted to be. He blaimed himself for letting Lucersia become a part off the Jenova Project. He inflicted that punishment on himself because he was so guilty. No one made him stay in the coffin.

murza
06-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Tiny Bronco said:
Vincent was in the coffin because he wanted to be. He blaimed himself for letting Lucersia become a part off the Jenova Project. He inflicted that punishment on himself because he was so guilty. No one made him stay in the coffin.

ok ill trust you on that but then i have 1 other thingi cant understand, if vincent decided to stay there how come the room where he was sleeping was locked? and how did the key get into that safe with a monster guarding it (i think).

another thing i cannot understand (could be nothing) but where was vincent when cloud came back to his hometown he did go down the cellar. I also know that the shinra mansion was on fire aswel where was vincent???

Tiny Bronco
06-01-2006, 05:53 PM
When the Sephiroth killed everyone in Neblihen and lit the town on fire he did NOT destroy the Shinra Mansion. You know this because it shows Cloud (Actually Zack) running out of the gate to see if anyone was still alive. The mansion wasn't on fire and then Sephiroth headed to the Niblihen Reactor to find Jenova. That Mansion had all the secrets about his past and I guess Sephiroth saved it because of that. When Cloud came back to Nebihen as a MP he did go into the basement, but he didn't even bother with the door Vincent was behind. He went strait to the lab to see what Sephiroth was doing and that was when you first discovered that Sephiroth was linked to Jenova. No one even carred about the cellar. They had no reason to beleive an Ex-Turk was behind the door. As to why the door was locked and the key guarded by a safe and Monster. That was Hojo's doing because Hojo knew he had just made a monster(Vincent) and he knew that Vincent would kill him if he got the chance. So Hojo locked him up whil Vincent was still drugged. This way nothing would stop Hojo from completing the Jenova Project and "creating Sephiroth". That was why Vincent was shot in the first place. Because he wanted to stop Hojo.

Phoenix Flame
06-02-2006, 06:44 AM
wow...a lot of masterminding going on in this thread. What of the cells of Jenova? Don't they have certain age-defying capabilities? Couldn't Hojo's experiments on Vincent have been in that catagory as well??? That would explain the polymorphisms we see.

Zeromus_X
06-02-2006, 06:45 AM
That's certainly a possibility, though I don't really know the whole timeline of FFVII that well. :/ Of course, it's really something simple that doesn't need a novel written about it.

Tiny Bronco
06-02-2006, 05:29 PM
It isn't simple for my little brain. It took me a while to get everything strait.

Jenova Cells could be what's keeping Vincent Immortal, but I don't think so. Vincent never freaks out if Sephiorth gets near him like Cloud does. Vincent isn't bother by Sephiroth. Only Hojo.

wakka
06-06-2006, 07:50 AM
vincent is not imortal he is just hojos exsperiment and Lucrecia is hojos wife and vincent was in love with Lucrecia

hojo is sephiroths father

Edit: Please don't double-post, use the edit button to add info to a post, etc. And yes, we know. : )

Zeromus_X
06-06-2006, 07:53 AM
It isn't simple for my little brain. It took me a while to get everything strait.

Jenova Cells could be what's keeping Vincent Immortal, but I don't think so. Vincent never freaks out if Sephiorth gets near him like Clou does. Vincent isn't bother by Sephiroth. Only Hojo.

Well, once you actually sort it out, it makes alot more sense, right? :)

I agree with that. That's...pretty much correct. Hojo experimented on Vince, but not with Jenova cells. (Adding more to the mysterious character that is Vincent.)

chingy06
06-06-2006, 07:59 AM
Posting nonsense and profanity isn't a great way to start. Although I suppose you don't mean to be a real member here anyway.

auron
06-06-2006, 08:34 AM
he is just an experiment

phil that is a bad thing

murza
06-06-2006, 12:27 PM
u know what i think

i think sqauresoft didn't think the story through the story about vincent was probaly something they forgot and didnt think of

Avathar
06-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Oh no, the kids are back. XD

Tiny Bronco
06-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Avathar:
Oh no, the kids are back. XD

Greeeeeat. :rolleyes: Luckily most don't have the attention span to continue to come to FFnet. :cool:

Anywho, I think it can be justifiable to say Vincent does not age physically, but mentally he does and this is caused by Hojo's experiments and not Jenova Cells. Hojo does have his moments.

?Question? :confused: Does Professor Gast have anything to do with Vincent?

ChocoboMan
06-22-2006, 09:08 PM
I dont think so

Zeromus_X
06-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Auron/Wakka/whoever else seems to think spamming is a good idea, this is the Forum Rules. (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=806) Look at them. Look at them again. Look at what is considered spam. Please take note of that, if you actually want to be a part of the forum. :) Thanks!

Edit: I don't believe that Gast had anything to do with Vincent in the game, but we could find out in DoC.

ChocoboMan
06-22-2006, 09:31 PM
i doubt vincent is invincible

Zeromus_X
06-22-2006, 09:45 PM
That isn't what the main question is, it's 'is Vincent immortal?' :) And we heard you the first time.

wakka
06-23-2006, 02:25 PM
vincent is not imorttal he is just an experiment of hojo
vincent was killed for a reson hojo wanted a lab rat to wark on so hojo kiled vincent

Fire Lord
06-23-2006, 03:41 PM
could be

Kat
06-24-2006, 02:47 PM
i read just a hour or so ago that...:
Vincent Valentine is 29 yrs. his body was reconstructed with the ability to transform into a immortal monster never aging and never dying.
so i guess thats a yes. ;)