Zeromus_X
06-07-2006, 06:43 PM
Yes, most assuredly.

Squall Lionheart
06-08-2006, 01:03 PM

http://www.ffnet.net/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=5

Hydra
06-08-2006, 02:30 PM
O.o FFX-2. Come on dude. PS2>PSX/PS1. Even if FF8 was a fun game, FFX-2 is clearly better than it. :D

Sephiroth v.2
06-08-2006, 02:54 PM
yes ffx-2 its a lot funnier but the bad thing is ITS ONLY GIRLS! but i like the jobs!

Zeromus_X
06-08-2006, 09:46 PM
X-2 has a godawful story that spits in the face of FFX. FFVIII has a great story. X-2 has a nice battle system, but I just can't compare it to VIII. (I wouldn't compare it to Mystic Quest. That's right. I said it.)*

*I apologize deeply if you were one of the twenty people that enjoyed Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. Sorry! :/

simi87
06-09-2006, 02:22 PM
ffVIII is ten times better than ffx-2. X-2 has a good graphic but it's only because it's for ps2 but i think graphic isn't so important. The story is more important and ffVIII has a better story.

Seyluv
06-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Yeah man. FF8 is the stuff.

Ravoa
06-30-2006, 06:30 PM
a little

Staircase
06-30-2006, 10:16 PM
yes ffx-2 its a lot funnier but the bad thing is ITS ONLY GIRLS! but i like the jobs!
Whats wrong with having only girls?
I really like FFX-2 ALOT better. Although i see alot of people dissagree.

Spirit
06-30-2006, 10:56 PM
I agree.

Avathar
07-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Although i didn't quite like the characters and storyline of FFVIII at first (come on, an orphanage? =/ ), i later on enjoyed every little bit of that game. Ultimately, it had one of the more interesting developments story-wise, plus the Junction system being totally broken. :p
To say it in a nutshell, Final Fantasy VIII is one of the better ones, although i still don't like the fact that it's not classic medieval/fantasy styled, but that's just a personal preference.

Now FFX-2...... i could say it in one line:

Final Fantasy sequels. It never works. -_-

This game just held so many more flaws than i'ld expected. First, it's really an all girl thing, and the only thing that encourage me to play it, are still the amazing graphics.
I'm not saying there's something wrong with the gameplay, 'cause the dressphere system is quite good, but in my opinion nothing compared to it previous version in FFX. And the story and its characters....slim to none. I detested the different endings just a little too much to enjoy the game in its whole.

So in conclusion, an obvious result:

FFVIII > FFX-2

Staircase
07-05-2006, 02:53 PM
I dont think they should mess around with the game for sequels. Keep the gameplay the same as the 1st, i didnt like how they strayed so far from FFX.

Avathar
07-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Well, yeah, the job-system thing in FFX-2 is okay, nothing wrong there. But i found the sphere-grid system amazing, and one of the best systems Square ever came up with, in my opinion. And just the difference with FFX and its sequel....meh. Just no good.

Zeromus_X
07-05-2006, 04:56 PM
The Dresspheres were the only thing keeping me playing that game. :p Totally agree with Avathar.

I also didn't care for the music, after associating so many areas with the songs of X.* Still, I suppose seeing what happens to Spira later was interesing, although I think it's better of Final Fantasy where they leave an open ending. (Like they so often do, leave you guessing what happens afterwards.) And the 100% Ending...really ruins all the emotion you had at the end of X.

Anyway, enough about that. I was bored with FFVIII at first, but I'm glad I stayed till the end. The ending was REALLY awesome. And I appreciated the story a whole lot more. I still don't understand why every one hates that orphanage thing though. xD

*The battle theme sounds like the music that plays in a....well, I'll let you guess.

Avathar
07-05-2006, 06:46 PM
For me, it just had a bit too much a cliché feeling , the whole orphanage-thing. Well, that's the first impression i got. =/

LauraGriever
07-06-2006, 05:08 PM
lol Trying to figure out why those two games are even being compared...

FFVIII was better to me. I'm a fangirl of both, but you could do so much more in VIII. Card game, turning cards into items, using items to make you stronger, setting stats the way you want. (Gawd, I loved the Junction System <3 ) Fun, fun, fun side quests. And let us not forget... The moombas! (rawr!) Not a plushy moomba like in FFX, and X-2... The real, oh so cute and furry, deal.

Da Chink
07-15-2006, 07:57 PM
X-2 sucked when compared to the story line of FFX
and FFVIII splits FFX-2's wig

SephirogaUltimecia
07-26-2006, 09:09 AM
gotta go with FF8 being the best game
but X2 had the coolest level system to me... jobs... i think originally formed in FF5

Avathar
07-26-2006, 01:25 PM
gotta go with FF8 being the best game
but X2 had the coolest level system to me... jobs... i think originally formed in FF5

FF3. ;)

FFVIII > FFX-2

Da Chink
07-26-2006, 07:15 PM
why is this even debated which is better :-/?

Avathar
07-26-2006, 07:58 PM
To start a good discussion, but I haven't met anyone here that has good arguements to counter the fact that Final Fantasy VIII just is better than Final Fantast X-2, at MOST parts.

Da Chink
07-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Well thats B/c FFVIII is the Superior game compared to FFX-2...its hardly ever true that spin-offs are as good as an original Title... but we will see about Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core and Before Crisis. i mean Happy Days was a Spin off :D

Avathar
07-28-2006, 02:04 PM
i mean Happy Days was a Spin off :D

of what show is that a spin off? :confused:

And I was thinking about that, and tv-show spin offs are hardly comparible to videogame spin offs. ;)

blukazoo159
07-28-2006, 06:48 PM
yes. its longer theres more to do and u can go custom on ur charectors

ChibiSelphie
07-29-2006, 11:25 PM
I have to say no and yes, Yes because I love 8 and no cause the battle system and graphics are better.

Genesis Rhapsodos
08-02-2006, 04:22 PM
yes, duh

Slider
08-12-2006, 11:55 AM
What's there to wonder about!!!!!!
That's not even a realquestion...all it does is hurt the feeling of those loving FF-X because the answer is as clear as the SUN!

ave
08-21-2006, 05:01 AM
yes i do think its better than x-2 i think its better becuse i love the storry in ff8 im not saying that x-2 is not a good game i just think that ff8 is beater its just i like ff8 beater :)

Zeon
08-23-2006, 03:30 PM
hey im randomly gunna post summit to just as my first post here. well as many have already said, ff8 is most deffinatly the better of the 2 games. for reasons such as storyline, the junction system and in my personal opinion the boosting was good fun. (hey button tabbing was my thing and i was gd at it ) anyways another reason i love the game is the fact IVE NEVER COMPLETED IT!!!! no i dont mean ive never beaten the last boss i mean come on tht would just suck.......i mean out of ff7,8,9,10 and 10-2, ff8 is the only one i have never had all the items and all the special ability summoning commands (eg minimog) i bought a walkthrough, got a japanese version of the game, a pocketstation AND STILL ive never ever had tht minimog or ribbon before. Thts y i love the game. the conceipt tht theres still things left to do after near 5 years of owning the game makes me think "wow what an awesome game"

now movin to 10-2...........major loss to my faith in square as a whole. ever since they make the move to enix and created 10, its just gotten worse. Dont get me wrong, 10 was an awesome game.....but it was way to easy. the secrets were hardly tht secret and the final boss was just stupid. I MEAN IT COULD KILL ITSELF?? hows tht any fun to fight? anyways 10-2...........the first sequel in the final fantasy series...........wow..........must get. the day it came out...........went and grabbed my pre-ordered copy...........free day to play it.......why not????..................early hours of next morning........complete......(not to 100% i must admit....think it was like 64% first time round and i missed lady luck ) i completed the damn thing in about a day. NO CHALLEGES.....ok when i eventually got to fighting trema and stuff tht was a bit hard but nothing extremly difficult. it was do-able. as someone else has also said the ending sequence changing........it was a good thought....but thts it.

one thing i did like was the job system. hadnt seen it since ff5. i thought tht was ok.....not enough jobs though and it was a stupid conceipt with the whole "dress-sphere" thing. basically seemed like a rip-off of materia from 7 and the job system from 5 to me. each of the games had a UNIQUE theme. its what made each game special. (except 9......i hated it...*shivers*) fine "it was a sequel"............so where was the carrie ons? the story carried.....anything else?..................nope. i even think tht the al bhed language changed too (but im not sure so dont quote me on it:P) one last thing i hated about 10-2.....the fanfare!!!! yes the one thing tht always had the small "du-du-du-du......du-du........du-du-du!!!" (we all know how it goes......just think mentally ull get it ) 10-2 was the only one without tht little simple and frankly pointless tune in and for me. IT RUINED IT....kinda over the top i guess.......i mean i have written alot.....BUT U GET MY POINT lol :D

John Smith
08-23-2006, 04:34 PM
do ya think its better than ffx-2

Yes. :cool: