PDA

View Full Version : What is with this Hip-Hop fever?

Seyluv
06-15-2006, 02:10 AM
Hip-Hop is ok to me, but why come everyone into it now days? Can someone tell me why?

darkshadow2247
06-15-2006, 01:54 PM
no 1 person can answer for everyone else

~Hidan~
06-15-2006, 05:12 PM
Hip Hop, hmm i am not a big fan but i guess people like it because it cover a lot of styles.

ShadowHeart
06-17-2006, 08:09 AM
I'm not at all into it :)

Seyluv
06-21-2006, 03:09 AM
I hate it. My friends love it. My school is Hip-Hop city. There are no goths, vamps, a few rockers(Really like five), punks(really like three), no ones listen to pop, and even at all our special awards shows or whatever they always playing Hip-Hop, everywhere i look it always hip-hop this, hip-hop that.

Spec Highwind
06-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Here in Portugal, almost everyone listens to different music styles... Those tasteless people, who just ear somthign because everyone ears it like listening to hiphop, but only that shitty hiphop in radios and TVs...

And a great part of other people listen to metal

Now... I hear musics inside almost every style... Hiphop, New Age, Classical, Metal, Punk, Rock... But I really don't listen to those famous musics...

and Hiphop here in Portugal is COMPLETELY different from American Hiphop... I am a Rapper... I got 10 musics, and I am planning to sing some more... Here, in our musics, we don't talk about drugs, guns, money and bitches, like 50 cent [I hate that guy]... we talk about life, love, and other themes... somthing more abstract...

I have this music inside my head... and I would share it with you, but it's, obviously, portuguese :S

Tiny Bronco
06-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Hmmmmmm. Must be a Chicago thing cause were I live Hip- Hop is in the minority/almost nonexistent.

Hydra
06-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Because people want to be like everyone else, ie living in the ghetto, have a gun on them at all times, being a so called pimp. =/ I listen to the music, minus the thoughts. Not my favorite genre of music, but I'll listen to it.

~Hidan~
06-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Hip hop doesnt do much for me, I am much more of a Hard Rocker myself.... Hiphop is a little too gradeschool for me.

darkshadow2247
06-21-2006, 04:22 PM
people really dont understand the true hip-hop community. all this bling, rims, hoes, cash, cars...that's not the real hip-hop community. listen to people like Common, Kanye West, Talib Kweli, and Asheryu; the underground artists are the real hip-hoppers. they rap about real things (at least most of the time). i could write a whole essay on why this mainstream BS isn't real hip-hop and how the community has taken a turn for the worst

Tiny Bronco
06-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Well my favorite musician is Pink Floyed and I really only listen to stuff like his. And GOOD game music.
Total Annihilation the Core Contingency has some of the best music ever.

Spec Highwind
06-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Anyone here has Kajin's Remixes? He remixes some video game music

you can get some at http://ocremix.org

I really love Chaos temple, and Rydia's theme remixes... Ballad of the sea isn't bad, either

drifter51
06-22-2006, 09:48 AM
You people are getting it mixed up. Theres a diffrence between Hip-hop and rap and seems like you all a describeing rap. hip hop is basicly dead. And whats wrong whitht a person expressing them self? Rapers rap about personal experiences and some times its not all good thats why alot of time it sounds negitive.

darkshadow2247
06-22-2006, 01:19 PM
You people are getting it mixed up. Theres a diffrence between Hip-hop and rap and seems like you all a describeing rap. hip hop is basicly dead. And whats wrong whitht a person expressing them self? Rapers rap about personal experiences and some times its not all good thats why alot of time it sounds negitive.
i'll give you that. but as a fan, you've gotta know the difference between hype and the truth

richboywonder
06-22-2006, 01:21 PM
I don't know but I like hip hop

Fire Lord
06-23-2006, 02:39 AM
don't notice a thing

Seyluv
06-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Hip hop doesnt do much for me, I am much more of a Hard Rocker myself.... Hiphop is a little too gradeschool for me.Yeah I agree. :D I'm a hard rocker as well. But I mainly listen to hard metal and k-pop.

Avathar
07-05-2006, 06:54 PM
I can only appreciate hip-hop and rap music from the late eighties-early nineties. ^_-

Seyluv
07-15-2006, 08:31 AM
Same here. I like the old school.

Garnet_Dagger
08-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Well, I must say being born and raised in Detroit, yes I like Hip-Hop cause I grew up around it. But I can understand why some people dont like it. I mean much of it now and days is about: Money, b**ches, Sex, drugs,Strippers ect. But there are some songs out there that have a meaning and reason to it. But if a song has a beat to it that I like, I'll listen so i can drop it like it's hot :D

But I'm more of an R&B person myself. I get sick of the rap and sometimes I just need to tone it down and relax. :)

Kat
08-21-2006, 03:45 PM
hmm i dont really listen to it any more,im more into punk rock and stuff,but there are some good hip hop songs...i like all music actually

C_Dub
08-21-2006, 04:56 PM
<- Loves hip-hop :D

Hydra
08-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Guy on the first page said rappers rap about their lives, sometimes/mostly.

That's a little wrong.

You're right, ie "Ghetto Story" Cham & Alicia Keys. But, that's not rap, and is besides the point. Hip hop isn't dead. It's just..like..how to say it..if it were a person, it'd be on life support(XD).

Most "rappers" these days fill the little childrens head with words like "fly", "crunk", and so forth. Which is why you see people on the street, guns in their pants, ready to shoot anyone who insults them so much, whereas they could talk/fight with fists. Even if fighting with fists is bad either way. =D

I do like rap. I can't lie. But I don't like it for the wrong reasons. I don't listen to it to learn about being a pimp, handling women, like they do. I just listen to it because I like it. And don't ask me why. Because I don't...really..know. I just do. o_0

Which isn't bad, because I know right from wrong. Thing is, little children/teenagers don't. They're beginning to learn about things. And I'm not going into detail about that either. But hey, go to New York and look around. You can't go and not see a guy with a bandana, sagging pants, a crooked hat, and a retarded version of the English language. It's the lyrics and music in general that changes people. Which I don't really pay any attention to in rap songs. They just sound cool. xD

Different from Rock. Where you listen to the lyrics, and that makes it a good song. I could bet you I become a poet, dirty myself up, find a rhyme scheme, and become a rapper. It requires no real skill whatsoever. Just learn the way they talk, and it's very easy. It's very easy to talk in the ways they do.

But I'm not going to rant on and on and...oh, wait..nevermind.. I did. :O Rap is changing the little ones. Hip hop is different from Rap. And I love Rock. That's about it. :D

Avathar
08-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Different from Rock. Where you listen to the lyrics, and that makes it a good song. I could bet you I become a poet, dirty myself up, find a rhyme scheme, and become a rapper. It requires no real skill whatsoever. Just learn the way they talk, and it's very easy. It's very easy to talk in the ways they do.

Like I kinda said earlier on, contemporary rap music has no skill whatsoever, maybe with a few exceptions, but still: the lyrics have no big context.
And 'cause of that, it'ld influence kids much more easier, since the rap is explicitly about the text, where in most rock music: lyrics are definetly important, no doubt, but there's always the message-bringing in rap music that hits the spot more easily for youngsters.

But I'm not going to rant on and on and...oh, wait..nevermind.. I did. :O Rap is changing the little ones. Hip hop is different from Rap. And I love Rock. That's about it. :D

Hip hop usually pays more attention to the melody and background scores, supporting the actual lyrics. That's the bigger difference between hip hop and rap, as in most rap music it's all about direct context and the expressive ways of showing forth vocals.

blackstar
01-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Im into Metal, Goth, and Punk Hip-Hop just doesnt do anything for me i do respect some hip-hop and rap artists but I dont like most of it just not my thing.

Hydra
01-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Bleh, stop being right Avathar. =P

Don't stop it. XD

Anyway, I just realized that hip-hip died with Biggie and Tupac. =P

Now Hip-Hop is is just another name for rap. And rap is stupid. Every song has a Bentley with 20 inch rims. It's like every single rapper in the world has them. XD I'll only listen to a few rap songs now.

Wu-Tang and 2pac FTW! =D