PDA

View Full Version : Definitely worth a look.

Zeromus_X
07-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Dunno if you all haven't read this before, but here's the Grand List of Console Role Playing Game Cliches. (http://project-apollo.net/text/rpg.html)

Definitely good for a laugh. xD

Staircase
07-03-2006, 04:11 PM
"Just Nod Your Head And Smile
And no matter how big that big-ass sword is, you won't stand out in a crowd. Nobody ever crosses the street to avoid you or seems to be especially shocked or alarmed when a heavily armed gang bursts into their house during dinner, rummages through their posessions, and demands to know if they've seen a black-caped man. People can get used to anything, apparently."

LMFAO.... i love it. Great list. and very very true.

Zeromus_X
07-03-2006, 04:15 PM
One of my favorites:

Zap!
Most villains in RPGs possess some form of teleportation. They generally use it to materialize in front of the adventurers when they reach the Obligatory Legendary Relic Room and seize the goodies just before you can. The question "if the bad guy can teleport anywhere at any time, then why doesn't (s)he just zip in, grab the artifact, and leave before the adventurers have even finished the nerve-wracking puzzle on the third floor?" is never answered.

Zelda's Axiom
Whenever somebody tells you about "the five ancient talismans" or "the nine legendary crystals" or whatever, you can be quite confident that Saving the World will require you to go out and find every last one of them.

Hydra
07-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Garrett's Principle
Let's not mince words: you're a thief. You can walk into just about anybody's house like the door wasn't even locked. You just barge right in and start looking for stuff. Anything you can find that's not nailed down is yours to keep. You will often walk into perfect strangers' houses, lift their precious artifacts, and then chat with them like you were old neighbors as you head back out with their family heirlooms under your arm. Unfortunately, this never works in stores.

And

George W. Bush Geography Simplification Initiative
Every country in the world will have exactly one town in it, except for the country you start out in, which will have three.

LOL. Nice.

Edit:

In Your Face, Jesus!
Even if you manage to deal with him that time, you're not done -- the villain will then transform into his final form, which is always an angelic winged figure with background music remixed for ecstatic chorus and pipe organ.

XD

ShadowHeart
07-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Seen the list before, it's hilarious :D

Phoenix Flame
05-20-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm surprised your name wasn't in the credits, Zero ;)

dappa
05-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Another one is your heroes are trying to stop an evil force returning to the world to enslave its people and the evil forces minions always seem to manage to do the job, then your party has to journey to the evil forces lair and defeat him.

Then you wonder to yourself "he aint that powerful, I defeated him easily", "what was the world so worried about" lol.

Slider
05-20-2007, 10:00 AM
That was good indeed zeromus!