PDA

View Full Version : Boring, huh?

Seyluv
07-06-2006, 02:21 AM
This girl I know says that games will not be around in the next 10 years or so. She said that games will be gone forever. That there will be no need for game designers, and anything relating to games, as well as game enhance graphics in movies or cartoons.

What you guys think? Do you think she is right? Or just stupit?

Arkacia
07-06-2006, 06:00 AM
Of course games will still be around in 10 years, they will still be around in 1000 years. Games are a muti-billion dollar a year industry because the public demands them, and those demands won't disappear. The companies will continue to bring out bigger and better games and systems to tempt us to part with our money by making us feel not only do we want to play that game, but need to.

Games and gaming equipment will change of course. Look at the rapid advancements over the last 10 years, and the industry will adapt to those changes, but as long as people want games they will continue to be produced and sold.

darkshadow2247
07-06-2006, 06:08 AM
games will always be a part of human society. video games can put people in places that they can only imagine to be.

Seyluv
07-06-2006, 07:28 AM
She is so dumb. She said that robots will be designing games instead of humans. Yeah right, robots can do any job but designing video games or drawing the cast for a game. To create a game you need a human. We are creative, and we see thing no one else can. We express how we feel through art, writing, or even in music. No robot can take that job, and jobs like that will always be around.

Phoenix Flame
07-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Video games need 'soul' brother-man. Yeeaaah! Can u dig it? Think of Chrono Trigger and the future they had with all the robots running around exterminating human life. Fun world to be apart of - no?

Avathar
07-06-2006, 02:10 PM
This girl you know isn't right at all. Not mentioning the fact that she doesn't really have good arguements.

Kat
07-06-2006, 06:33 PM
:eek: :eek: vidio games gone!!!
yikes i dont even want to think aboot that day!
wats wrong with her?!! :eek:

Hydra
07-06-2006, 10:54 PM
Games will probably be the same...but, with more enhanced EVERYTHING.. Games will be around as long as man, unless someone says otherwise, which most likely won't happen. So, yeah. :D I picked the second one. o_0

Seyluv
07-07-2006, 12:58 AM
She said that she hates games and that it makes you dumb for playing them. I think the only reason why she hate games so much is because she is weak at them.

Zeromus_X
07-07-2006, 02:44 AM
Arkacia pretty much said what I was going to say, but better, so...:p

This person just doesn't know what they're talking about. Just sigh and pat them on the head. :P

Hydra
07-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Sounds inhumane. But a nice idea. :D Who knows... a president might ban video games anytime soon...It was rumored if Hilary Clinton became president, anime would be forbidden. By her natruality, it's possible. But either way, video games will be here for a long.....long time..

Tiny Bronco
07-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Arkacia
Of course games will still be around in 10 years, they will still be around in 1000 years. Games are a muti-billion dollar a year industry because the public demands them, and those demands won't disappear. The companies will continue to bring out bigger and better games and systems to tempt us to part with our money by making us feel not only do we want to play that game, but need to.

Games and gaming equipment will change of course. Look at the rapid advancements over the last 10 years, and the industry will adapt to those changes, but as long as people want games they will continue to be produced and sold.

I typed a reply and then read your post and you had said almost exactly what I said! :D

empresscrystal why does your friend think the gaming industry will just dry up in 10 years? Any reason or is she just crazy.

Spiff
07-07-2006, 09:57 PM
If there's demand, then the companies will continue to pump them out. Now, the industry could destroy itself from lack of creativity but I doubt that.

Larahl
07-09-2006, 11:20 PM
In the past 10 years the video-game industry just got more popular.
And people just demand more and more, so my guess in next 10 years video-games will become even more popular because people just demand more and more.

So she doesn't know what she's talking about.
It's like telling the television will never last and that robots will be our amusment.

Max the Man
07-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh snap, that just reminds me of the 4 bit to 8 bit era (atari, collecovision, etc.) when games just stopped cause 4-bit games were that bad at the end of their era. And then, fortunately... there was this little chubby italian guy, who worked with poop and mushrooms...

richboywonder
07-22-2006, 05:43 PM
without games there is no life(for me)

Seyluv
07-24-2006, 01:35 AM
Yeah same here for me.

Avathar
07-24-2006, 06:07 AM
without games there is no life(for me)

O.o

^^Wait till you get older. :rolleyes:

ChocoboMan
07-25-2006, 05:03 AM
i think she is just crazy.

richboywonder
07-25-2006, 11:19 PM
O.o

^^Wait till you get older. :rolleyes:
what do you mean by that.

Spirit
07-26-2006, 12:31 AM
what do you mean by that.

he means thtat when you get older, you won't have to worry about games. you have other things to pay attention to. maybe getting older won't be bad.

Seyluv
08-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah, that true.

Slider
08-13-2006, 01:32 AM
Not really, I'm 19 I already work and design expensive machines and I'll probably keep doing that for most of the coming years so basically that wouldn't change & neither would I,I still like even the most childish games sometimes and won't pretend otherwise
Well I don't know about anyone else but that's my case anyways!

Seyluv
08-17-2006, 06:23 AM
Yeah, I guess.

Avathar
08-18-2006, 06:16 PM
Yeah, I guess.

Oh no, not you again. :p

what do you mean by that. he means thtat when you get older, you won't have to worry about games. you have other things to pay attention to. maybe getting older won't be bad.

Yeah, that's what I meant, generally speaking. It's just a part of growing up. Not that videogames are typically childish. ;) It's just away of spending your spare-time, but from what I experience, I grow tired of multimedia like that, since I find much more fun things to do outside, and also inside the house. ;) Just to point out.

dappa
10-12-2006, 05:25 PM
I have been playing games since the age of six. I'm now twenty eight and couldn't imagine a life without games. I hope I still enjoy these games when I'm old and grey. As for this topic that person is crazy thats what I put in the poll.

Seyluv
10-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I agree. Well, I really don't care what she said. She is buying me five games just for create that web-site for her.

Gumdrop
10-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Seems highly unlikley.