PDA

View Full Version : im annoyed, "you know?" anyone else?

Greendragon
07-10-2006, 11:30 PM
okay, in ffx....well for one, tidus's voice acting was pretty bad. and two...the phrase "you know?" was used...well it must have been HUNDREDS of times...i actually contemplated playing the game again due to thst phrase. pretty soon im going to play the game again for like a fifth time and count every occurence of "you know?"

has this annoyed anyone else but me?....cuz i think i might have lost some sleep due to this..i dont know why. but it really gets to me..

okay i just looked a game script and counted 91 occurences of the phrase "you know".....wow.. why does this drive me soo nuts? :eek:

Zeromus_X
07-10-2006, 11:41 PM
Now, don't get me wrong when I say I hate Tida's voice actor. I think his character evolved quite nicely over the course of the game.

I just think he sounds like an immature five-year-old sometimes. I really wish they picked a better talent for him, but what-can-you-do.

Greendragon
07-11-2006, 03:01 PM
yea exactly. i mean, even if they changed some of the things he says, it could have been a lot better.(like all the "i hate you's" and that one scene where tidus and yuna were force-laughing in luca...i wanted to shove an icepick in my ear after that scene..) the voice wasnt so bad by itself, i think its just the voice AND the dialouge that makes most ppl thinks its annoying. but the.."you know"......RAARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

Kat
07-11-2006, 03:06 PM
i didnt think that tidus's voice and dialouge was that bad,as a matter of fact he was one of my favorite characters,i didnt think he was annoying either
:( :( :( :(

Greendragon
07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
eh just diff opinions i guess. i mean, he wasnt THAT bad of a char. but some of the parts on that game were kinda "iffy" i guess

Staircase
07-11-2006, 08:43 PM
My exact thoughts kat. I really likes him and IMO his voice acting was fine.

darkshadow2247
07-11-2006, 09:08 PM
tidus and yuna were force-laughing in luca
HA HA HA HA!!!

yea, that as pretty annoying. in general, a lot of american voice acting is pretty sorry. i dont think yuna's VO sucked, but the tone did. it didnt fit her as a character. in american VO, it's like the actors/tresses don't put their own personanilty into it. it's almost like they see what's on the paper as read it.

Kat
07-12-2006, 07:10 PM
that was one of the coolest parts:(
oh ya and thanx 4 the support Staircase :) ;) :D