PDA

View Full Version : Who still plats FF1and2

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Who found everything and what not.And who fought all enemies?

Zeromus_X
07-12-2006, 12:27 AM
If you mean Dawn of Souls, no, I never completed the Bestiary. (I could never find WarMech/Death Machine*, or the damn Mythril Golem.) I'm not even going to try getting FFII's Bestiary, which includes the bonus story monsters. ><; I did, however, finish all the Soul of Chaos dungeons, and the Soul of Rebirth. I was hoping there would be some really big dungeon after you defeat Chaos, but it's just the four elemental dungeons. Oh well.

Soul of Rebirth, on the other hand, was pretty difficult. Not just Ultima Weapon (which really just took a really long time and wasn't hard), but you had to go through 'Reverse Pandaemonium' and the normal final dungeon of that game is hard enough as it is without going through it twice. :p

On Origins, I tried completing the Art Collection (tasty Amano portraits!*), and getting all the items (easy for FFI, very hard for FFII. You might miss some in a dungeon you can never enter again.)

*Yet I run into it on the NES version, every single time I go to fight Tiamat the first time, in every game I play! -_-;

*I loved the 'monster collage'. :p

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-12-2006, 01:26 AM
yeah im missing 3 monsters and 1 item like you said the myithril golem...hard to find.And a stupid dragon.I dont know what the last one is.....and both dawn of souls and orgins.

Staircase
07-12-2006, 01:51 AM
im playing 1 right now and after that ill start 2. I have like 50 monsters in my bestiary. And in 2 u cant go back and get the items?! Wow, thats gonna suck

Zeromus_X
07-12-2006, 02:13 AM
Some dungeons either disappear/aren't enterable anymore/are destroyed/etc. This is only an issue in Origins, of course.

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-12-2006, 05:19 AM
thats why i go into every room and it gets boring runnin into a battle evry 5 steps

ChocoboMan
07-14-2006, 05:13 PM
FFI finished bestiary 86%
FFII finished bestiary 93%

<(BaHaMuT)>
07-14-2006, 05:43 PM
2 is hard 4 me cuz the weird battle system but i found a way.

richboywonder
07-15-2006, 06:48 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/920240.html
click here for help on ff 1 and 2.>>>>>>>>>>^

beef
07-21-2006, 01:02 PM
got close to 100 besitary for ffl and ffll too damn hard

Spirit
07-26-2006, 10:47 AM
in ffi, missing 3 monster that very hard to find and ffii, im not even going to bother.

richboywonder
08-02-2006, 12:28 AM
i don't play ff1 anymore.hp +1 mp+2,what kind of crap is that.

Zeon
08-23-2006, 07:22 PM
i play them they rock. I LIKE THT VERSION OF LVLING UP it made it easier to cotomize characters stats (and it was more than just hp+1 i mean thts harsh) i could get really high at the beginning then plough the game through and not have to worries about random battles...coz they wer so easy........oh and the bestiary thing ive done for 1 and 2 but the items ive never managed :(

dappa
09-16-2006, 05:02 PM
I play them both about once a year. I have came across all the monsters but two on ff1 and all the bestiary for ff2. On ff1 in the flying fortress before you fight the boss Tiamat there are a few monsters there that are quite powerful that very rarely show up.

2 + 2 = 5
09-28-2006, 05:58 AM
I'm playing FFI right now. I'm trying to complete it at as low a Lv as possible, only gaining Lvs after boss fights. I'm playing the GBA Version, so it's not as much of a challenge as it would be on the Original NES Version, but it's still alot tougher and more fun than if I was to Lv Up through random battles.

C_Dub
09-29-2006, 12:43 AM
I hope to start this game soon, I own them all and will get around to them someday.

Phoenix Flame
01-13-2007, 03:49 AM
Q: After you actually complete the beastiary/item list or whatever, do you get anything extra? I'm playing on origins. I mean, if it's just a couple of pieces of artwork or something I wouldn't really care for - I won't even try, but if it unlocks something kewl I'm there...99 hrs + :D

dappa
01-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Q: After you actually complete the beastiary/item list or whatever, do you get anything extra? I'm playing on origins. I mean, if it's just a couple of pieces of artwork or something I wouldn't really care for - I won't even try, but if it unlocks something kewl I'm there...99 hrs + :D

If I remember correctly it unlocks extra artwork

Phoenix Flame
07-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Meh! All that work for fluff?!? I'll leave it up to Zero to get em all then. = 3

Zeromus_X
07-13-2007, 06:39 PM
But it's Amano. :(

Phoenix Flame
07-14-2007, 05:07 AM
XD!

...I want dungeons, weapons of mass destruction...

...not pieces of art. :p

dappa
07-14-2007, 08:57 PM
The art is cool though, but I agree with you there John.

What about some super boss to unlock? That would've been nice.

Phoenix Flame
07-20-2007, 04:49 AM
So - as I put in another thread - I began 1 last week. I'm already to the Mirage Tower ^ ^ The most difficult part of the game for me thus far was getting through the Ice Cavern. I kept running into (randomly, and one required battle for an item) enemies called Dark Mages who decimated my party over and over again w/Fire 3. ;ang

I had to use the "Memo" save feature for the PS1 version...gosh I can't imaging trying to get through there w/o having that. It would've taken ages! Mainly because the Dark Mages (at least every time I ran into them) ALWAYS catch your party by surprise and get their free licks in. 4 Dark Mages = ~ 3 Fire3's = about 450 Dmg to all party members =(((

Wow! Monks/Masters rule!!! I made Luis my Monk and even at low levels they pwn most enemies. When they become Masters....well, let's just say that Lvl 20 Luis as a Master was doing about 150-450 Dmg to monsters - depending on their defense and how many strikes he got in. Just. Sick. = P

dappa
07-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I think the master job class is the best for physical attacks overall.