PDA

View Full Version : Rarest game (s) you own?

Zeromus_X
07-12-2006, 10:14 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/FFIIIManualscan.jpg

:)

That, and Valkyrie Profile, and Star Ocean 2 if that's considered rare. It wasn't that expensive...

Staircase
07-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Is final fantasy tactics considered rare? And tactics orge. I have yoshis island for the SNES, idunno if its rare anymore now that its on the GBA. :(

Zeromus_X
07-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Tactics is fairly rare, but definitely not impossible to find. I don't know about Tactics Ogre. Not sure on Yoshi's Island. The cartridge would still be rarer than the GBA port, that wouldn't suddenly make it 'less rare'. At least, that doesn't make sense to me. :p

Staircase
07-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Well i dunno... Tactics ogre is now up to $100 on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tactics-Ogre-Battle-Series-Playstation-Guide-RARE_W0QQitemZ140005187512QQihZ004QQcategoryZ62053 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its a ps1 game that has the exact same gameplay as FFTactics. Classes, everything. And yoshis island was only rare because it was so great so many people bought it after it stopped production. Now that its on the gba i just figured it wouldnt be as rare. I guess ur right though.

darkshadow2247
07-12-2006, 11:23 PM
i have Sega Saturn and Dreamcast games :P

siteonline
07-13-2006, 04:38 AM
i own the ocarina of time limited edition for the gamecube =)

Spec Highwind
07-13-2006, 09:15 AM
hum... rare games? I got like twenty games to the NES. Maybe the rarest is the 1000 in 1 that came with that MX Onda console (but the cartridge works fine in the NES)

Avathar
07-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Final Fantasy III.

Greendragon
07-13-2006, 01:38 PM
i got a ff mystic quest snes cartridge
dunno if thats rare or not but i havent seen another one.
or maybe i just havent looked hard enough?

Hydra
07-16-2006, 02:10 AM
Marvel vs Capcom 2, and the gold edition of OOT for the N64. The one with chanting Fire Temple music. O_O

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Valkyrie Profile and DBGT English Edition

Griever
07-19-2006, 05:55 AM
Probably the games i have for the Atari Jaguar, which i heard they only made like 10,000 of before quitting production.

The games would be Flashback:The quest for identity, Zool 2 (Which was kind of like sonic in a way, except you are a ninja and you can climb up walls and shoot ninja star type things and there were no "rings") and Cybermorph which was a spaceship flying type game, and the different levels are hostile planets with "pods" on them. You are mainly supposed to get the pods but there are enemies all over the place, and alot of secret stuff to get too. Each level got more like a maze and more difficult, some levels there was like hidden portal like things that you had to find to take you inside a mountain to get a pod if the mountian was too high to get your ship into. But sometimes these portals would led you into a wall of spikes and your ship would blow up on collision. There was also weapon powerups and bombs, and bonus planets too.

Flashback was about this agent named Conrad from earth who was being followed around by aliens because he had knowledge on what they were planning and how to stop them..and the aliens eventually captured him and wiped out his memory, but he escapes in a space pod and gets shot down. landing on a weird planet, and that is where you start off. So pretty much you are trying to get his memory back and save earth and all the other targeted planets from destruction.

I also own the sequel to Flashback that is for the playstation called Fade To Black, but i'm not sure if that is considered rare, although i know no one else that has heard of it.

Hydra
07-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Would The Pokemon Trading Card Game be considered as rare?

Avathar
07-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Would The Pokemon Trading Card Game be considered as rare?

Oh, you should wait a few more decades for that. ;)

Hydra
07-19-2006, 01:04 PM
Bah. Will do. I don't have a problem, since I still play it from time to time. :D I have a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers game for the SNES. 2 player fighting action, side scrolling 1 player, with hard bosses. The one and only difficult Power Ranger game. o_0

Avathar
07-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Heh, talking about rare items...I wonder how long it will take before my grand collection of Panini Theme Stickerbooks are gonna be worth some good amount of money. xD

richboywonder
07-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Golden sun

Hydra
07-19-2006, 08:51 PM
XD lol Avathar...

Considering it's hard to find it, I've got Street Fighter Alpha Three. o.o

Griever
07-29-2006, 01:23 AM
I recently found out from a friend that one of the games i purchased back when i first got my ps is in fact, really rare. So i will post it here, and that game is:

Ergheiz (Spelling?) =P I don't have it right here, right now so i am not able to check the spelling XD

Da Chink
07-29-2006, 05:27 AM
Yup its rare...Tekken 1 original Casing

Griever
07-29-2006, 08:11 AM
Bah. Will do. I don't have a problem, since I still play it from time to time. :D I have a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers game for the SNES. 2 player fighting action, side scrolling 1 player, with hard bosses. The one and only difficult Power Ranger game. o_0

I believe there was one similar to that for the Sega CD i think. Might ahve been the Sega Saturn, but you had to like, press the buttons in a certain order to make the power ranger perfrom the martial arts moves they were supposed to to defeat the enemies. It was pretty tough, although i'm not sure we are talking about the same one.

Hydra
07-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Oh, and Griever, it's called Energiz. I'll buy it from you. :D

Super Mario World and Spawn for the SNES rare? o.0

Would Mario is Missing be considered rare? It's an awful game, and I want to get rid of it.

Edit:Yeah, that's a different one. I went up to Hollister, and one of my cousins was playing it. It's a totally different game.

The one I'm talking about has a variety of different bosses, and you play as different rangers throughout the game. At the end, you fight on the moon in your 1337 Megazord. <3.

xD

John Smith
08-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Sonic 2 for Mega Drive

Hydra
08-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Scooby Doo Mystery for the SNES. :p

blukazoo159
08-01-2006, 02:16 PM
i have mike tyson punch-out!! for the first nintendo, like 3 of them! and dragon force($100+), and albert odyssey, with the limited edition disk cover(very rare!! $100+) for the sega saturn!!!

blukazoo159
08-01-2006, 02:27 PM
o ya i forgot my ff8 black lable($100+ ebay)

Hydra
08-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Both versions of Super Mario All Stars for the SNES. :P

Griever
08-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh, and Griever, it's called Energiz. I'll buy it from you. :D

Super Mario World and Spawn for the SNES rare? o.0

Would Mario is Missing be considered rare? It's an awful game, and I want to get rid of it.

Edit:Yeah, that's a different one. I went up to Hollister, and one of my cousins was playing it. It's a totally different game.

The one I'm talking about has a variety of different bosses, and you play as different rangers throughout the game. At the end, you fight on the moon in your 1337 Megazord. <3.

xD

Wrong...the name isn't Energiz. There is a 'H' in it, it's name is the same as Zell's best weapon in Final Fantasy VIII. The one i'm talking about is a fighting game featuring Cloud, Zack, Yuffie, Tifa, and some animal that resembles Red XIII except it's silver..and i THINK Vincent was also a character although a hidden one...don't really remember. But it also had a full RPG game on it as a bonus. Are we talking about the same one...?

Hydra
08-01-2006, 03:31 PM
It also has Sephiroth in it. And someone else not of the FF world. I know what you're talking about clearly, because I had it at one time. xD Just can't remember the name.

Edit: I remember! XD It's Ehrgeiz. And Yuffie and Vincent and Zack were the unlockable FF characters.

Griever
08-01-2006, 03:48 PM
i have mike tyson punch-out!! for the first nintendo, like 3 of them! and dragon force($100+), and albert odyssey, with the limited edition disk cover(very rare!! $100+) for the sega saturn!!!

Didn't they change the name to "punch-out" after he bite the ear off that holyfield guy? I believe so.

@Hydra- It's a good game, very fun. The rpg was fun as well, and it was good also because it was so damn challenging. It certainly wasn't easy in the beginning XD

Hydra
08-01-2006, 03:52 PM
The RPG was more fun than the Fighting game. XD I liked how the armors and weapons changed the appearance of your character also.

Oh, and I own Super Metroid. XD So, yeah. It's still awesome and hard. :D

Seyluv
08-02-2006, 03:58 AM
An old school Atari. It still works too.

blukazoo159
08-02-2006, 04:24 PM
I Just Got Chrono Triger For The Super Nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Very Very Very Very Rare!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya!ya!ya!ya!!!!!!!!!!!

Seyluv
08-02-2006, 05:03 PM
I have the very first Nintendo that ever camed out. Right in my basement.

Griever
08-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Lol, iv'e got one too. With like 5045358756589368739 games. It still works too XD

blukazoo159
08-02-2006, 05:14 PM
i have a working sega saturn with like thirty games!!!

Luis
08-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Probably the games i have for the Atari Jaguar, which i heard they only made like 10,000 of before quitting production.

The games would be Flashback:The quest for identity, Zool 2 (Which was kind of like sonic in a way, except you are a ninja and you can climb up walls and shoot ninja star type things and there were no "rings") and Cybermorph which was a spaceship flying type game, and the different levels are hostile planets with "pods" on them. You are mainly supposed to get the pods but there are enemies all over the place, and alot of secret stuff to get too. Each level got more like a maze and more difficult, some levels there was like hidden portal like things that you had to find to take you inside a mountain to get a pod if the mountian was too high to get your ship into. But sometimes these portals would led you into a wall of spikes and your ship would blow up on collision. There was also weapon powerups and bombs, and bonus planets too.

Flashback was about this agent named Conrad from earth who was being followed around by aliens because he had knowledge on what they were planning and how to stop them..and the aliens eventually captured him and wiped out his memory, but he escapes in a space pod and gets shot down. landing on a weird planet, and that is where you start off. So pretty much you are trying to get his memory back and save earth and all the other targeted planets from destruction.

I also own the sequel to Flashback that is for the playstation called Fade To Black, but i'm not sure if that is considered rare, although i know no one else that has heard of it.

Hey, Flashback is a good one, I really enjoyed it!
There's a game for PS I'm trying to get(and it seems it will soon be mine ha ha ha XD lol) which I consider really rare: Kagero Deception 2. Does anyone know it?

Hydra
08-02-2006, 11:18 PM
I Just Got Chrono Triger For The Super Nintendo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Very Very Very Very Rare!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya!ya!ya!ya!!!!!!!!!!!
I've had it for a long while. :D

Got Killer Instinct for the SNES. o_0

Zeromus_X
08-02-2006, 11:22 PM
I can't stand CT on the PS1. The pause when it initiates a battle is so unnatural (while instantaneous in the SNES version). One of the best parts of CT were the fast-paced battles.

Still, I might as well complete it someday on the PS1 for the omake section (like FFVI on Anthology). I used to play that game so many times, I'd know every single sidequest and side effect on time by heart. xD

Hydra
08-03-2006, 12:36 AM
XD

Never played the PSX version. o.0

But I DO have...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past!

I.....love....that......game....so....much..

Nuff said. ^_^

Seyluv
08-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I have that too.

darkshadow2247
08-03-2006, 02:05 PM
XD

Never played the PSX version. o.0

But I DO have...

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past!

I.....love....that......game....so....much..

Nuff said. ^_^
how can you not love that game. first zelda game i ever played. loved every minute of it

Hydra
08-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Spider-Man/X-Men:Arcades Revenge.

Was an AWESOME and challenging game. :D

Seyluv
08-04-2006, 06:50 AM
how can you not love that game. first zelda game i ever played. loved every minute of itWell, it wasn't the first Zelda I played. I forgot which one I played at first. One thing I know is that it was on Super Nintendo. Oh man, as many Zelda games I owned that first one I played was the best. :D

Hydra
08-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I wanna go play it now.. :D

I have Donkey Kong Country 1,2, and 3. o_0

Seyluv
08-06-2006, 04:30 AM
So do I. I don't even know where it is now. I pretty sure it might be in my basement.

Hydra
08-06-2006, 06:44 PM
lol, I let my friend borrow mine.

Super Mario RPG. <3

Seyluv
08-06-2006, 08:30 PM
I had let onre of my friends see my GTA - Vice City...they never gaved it back either.

C_Dub
08-06-2006, 09:15 PM
I got final fantasy: I, II, IV, Chrono, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX all packaged.
I got final fantasy tactics opened but in great condition.

Avathar
08-06-2006, 11:32 PM
I got final fantasy: I, II, IV, Chrono, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX all packaged.
I got final fantasy tactics opened but in great condition.

This thread is about RARE games, C_Dub ;).

Seyluv
08-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah, you can get those games anywhere...well, not just anyway, but its pretty common to come across them.

Glock
08-07-2006, 02:18 AM
none of my games are rare. i sold all of my PS, N64, and GTA:SA (before they fix the HC thing) last year. if i had known what they were worth on ebay, i would have sold them on there.

Seyluv
08-07-2006, 04:46 AM
I had sold some of mines to, but I don't no more...it was a while ago when I had sold them. Back when I was super young.

Hydra
08-07-2006, 05:53 PM
lol, I named mostly all of my Super Nintendo oldies..

Got Super Mario Brothers. =D

And Yoshi's Island. Which I have the urge to play the day away with it. :D

Seyluv
08-08-2006, 12:56 AM
I sold most of them, oh man I wish I never did that.

Hydra
08-08-2006, 02:48 AM
lol, just came upon Maximum Carnage for the SNES.

Arkacia
08-11-2006, 08:00 AM
My rarest games are probably the Commodore 64 collection I have stored in a box, around 300 in all, with the working old computer to play them on. All are on cassette tape, and some of them are not found anymore, even on abandonware sites. Have a few I've never been able to find on the net, such as the level 9 text adventure game, Dungeon Adventure.

Hydra
08-11-2006, 03:01 PM
o_0

Wow. :D The only thing I have old is a SNES and a NES..and both of the games combined doesn't even near add up to 300...so, nice. =D

dappa
10-16-2006, 07:21 AM
I still have my panasonic 3do and 14 games for it. Thats one machine I never see games for, apart from the odd one on ebay.

One game for it which is pretty rare is an rpg called 'Powers kingdom'

Yggdrasill
10-24-2006, 11:47 AM
The rarest games I own are 'FFIII (Jap)' and probably 'Super mario world' for the SNES.

Hydra
10-28-2006, 09:38 AM
I fixed my "unrepairable" Marvel vs Capcom 2 disk..again. That's pretty rare. :D

Xartex
10-30-2006, 05:24 AM
I don't think I own any rare games, since we sold all of our old mega drive and saturn games, now i just have ps1 and ps2 games

Slider
10-30-2006, 06:29 AM
I fixed my "unrepairable" Marvel vs Capcom 2 disk..again. That's pretty rare. :D

HEEEEEEEEEEEY my brother has that,
I consider any of my older games (before PS) rare since no one uses them or cares less about them anymore, me, I'm intrested in studying their programming systems (while playing of course).

Yoko Kurama
11-02-2006, 12:21 PM
I would have a rare game, but it slipped away from me. Fatal Frame 1 for $12. I had $11 and my friend wouldn't give me $1. One of my other friends ordered it off of eBay for $70.

~SapphireStar~
11-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Legend of Legaia
Monkey Island 1 & 2
Suikoden 1, 2 & 3
Koudelka
Thousand Arms
Persona 1 & 2
Broken Sword 1 & 2
Grandia
Valkyrie Profile
Lunar 2
Star Ocean Story 2
Rhapsody
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Parasite Eve 1 & 2
Jade Cacoon

dappa
11-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Legend of Legaia
Monkey Island 1 & 2
Suikoden 1, 2 & 3
Koudelka
Thousand Arms
Persona 1 & 2
Broken Sword 1 & 2
Grandia
Valkyrie Profile
Lunar 2
Star Ocean Story 2
Rhapsody
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Parasite Eve 1 & 2
Jade Cacoon

Wow you own the original parasite eve!! Whats it like? What machine do you own it for?

~SapphireStar~
11-09-2006, 04:39 PM
I have it on the PS1. Its quite good. I personally prefer it to the second one.

Kat
11-10-2006, 01:57 AM
im not really sure if this is considered "rare"
but i have a sega game gear,that i've had for a really long time i have like 6 games for though so i don't use it much :rolleyes:

dappa
11-10-2006, 09:01 AM
im not really sure if this is considered "rare"
but i have a sega game gear,that i've had for a really long time i have like 6 games for though so i don't use it much :rolleyes:

Which ones do you have? I used to own a gamegear when I was at school many years ago.

~SapphireStar~
11-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Legend of Legaia
Monkey Island 1 & 2
Suikoden 1, 2 & 3
Koudelka
Thousand Arms
Persona 1 & 2
Broken Sword 1 & 2
Grandia
Valkyrie Profile
Lunar 2
Star Ocean Story 2
Rhapsody
Xenogears
Vagrant Story
Parasite Eve 1 & 2
Jade Cacoon

To add to my list:

Legend of Dragoon
Discworld 2: Missing Persumed?

Kat
11-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Which ones do you have? I used to own a gamegear when I was at school many years ago.if i truly remembered i would tell you,but since i haven't used that thing in ages it's prolly in my brother's room some were
Lol.

Avathar
11-11-2006, 09:30 AM
To add to my list:

Legend of Dragoon
Discworld 2: Missing Persumed?

Haha, I would not call Legend of Dragoon rare at all, as well as most others in your list there. :p

~SapphireStar~
11-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Haha, I would not call Legend of Dragoon rare at all, as well as most others in your list there. :p
Its rare here in the UK. Ive only seen it in one or two shops.

Xartex
11-14-2006, 05:34 AM
hm, don't know how rare they are but it is Problably X-COM: Enemy Unknown and
X-COM: Terror From the Deep

dappa
11-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Its rare here in the UK. Ive only seen it in one or two shops.

Yeah I suppose each country has its own rare games that no one seems to be able to find.

Until I saw your list I didn't know there was a parasite eve 1 for psone.

Some of those other games in your list are rare in the uk.

I have a 3do, I never see games for it in any shops secondhand or anything.

Phoenix Flame
05-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Dragon Warrior III and IV ;)