PDA

View Full Version : FF IV: Behemoths

ChocoboMan
07-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Does anybody know how to beat Behemut he is on the moon in the Cave Of Bahamut because I was just walking around in the cave of buhamut and I just randomly encountered him he is really hard anybody have a clue to beat him.

Zeromus_X
07-13-2006, 11:39 PM
You don't 'randomly' encounter him, he's at the end.

Anyway, it depends on what version you're playing and if you're doing this with FuSoYa in your party or not.

If you're playing any version other than the NA SNES verison, you'll probably have a few Lunar Curtains stocked up that you found in treasure chests. Those cast Reflect/Wall on the user. Have Rosa and FuSoYa (which is why it's easier before he leaves the party) cast Reflect/Wall on your party, and hopefully you'll get everyone Reflected/Walled. This way, Mega Flare will bounce off of all your people and nuke Bahamut for 9,999 each time he uses it. After you've done that to everyone, have Cecil attack, Kain Jump, and Edge Throw. Have Rydia cast Leviathan and FuSoYa cast Flare or Holy. It shouldn't take too long after you Reflect/Wall everyone though.

richboywonder
07-15-2006, 07:01 PM
yeah but everytime someone attacks him he attacks the person who attacked him taking up to 1000-1500 damage.and i'm level 46.

Spirit
07-16-2006, 12:32 PM
yeah but everytime someone attacks him he attacks the person who attacked him taking up to 1000-1500 damage.and i'm level 46.

they're talking about the bahamut you fight at the end of the cave not random ones you fight. I did the same thing Zeromus X did. Bahamut isn't hard to beat.

Zeromus_X
07-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Are you talking about the Behemoths or Bahamut? For the Behemoths you encounter them in fixed locations across thin land bridges you use to proceed in the cave. Don't attack them at first. All his attacks are counterattacks. Meaning, you should have Rosa/FuSoYa cast Protect/Armor on everyone, and then you can start attacking him. Summon Leviathan with Rydia to do more damage. Heal as necessary. Also, although you don't have it yet, DO NOT cast Holy on it. It will retaliate with Maelstrom which will drain everyone's HP to single digits.

richboywonder
07-19-2006, 01:14 AM
Are you talking about the Behemoths or Bahamut? For the Behemoths you encounter them in fixed locations across thin land bridges you use to proceed in the cave. Don't attack them at first. All his attacks are counterattacks. Meaning, you should have Rosa/FuSoYa cast Protect/Armor on everyone, and then you can start attacking him. Summon Leviathan with Rydia to do more damage. Heal as necessary. Also, although you don't have it yet, DO NOT cast Holy on it. It will retaliate with Maelstrom which will drain everyone's HP to single digits.
yeah that's the one.that's probaly the one he's talking about.i fight behemoth just to get level ups i killed him 4 times already.

dappa
10-18-2006, 08:43 AM
I remember once leaving the behemoth alone for a long time to see what happens and he did attack me. His atb gauge is super slow so he realies on his couterattacks to damage your party.

richboywonder
10-21-2006, 12:42 AM
i don't think his bar goes up because i killed him with him only counter attacking me.i could stay there doing nothing for five minutes and he still won't attack.

dappa
10-22-2006, 08:30 AM
i don't think his bar goes up because i killed him with him only counter attacking me.i could stay there doing nothing for five minutes and he still won't attack.

I just walked out of the room once and left the game running for ages and when I came back a party member had been damaged, thats how I came to my conclusion it only attacks mainly through its counterattacks.

Spec Highwind
10-22-2006, 08:56 AM
I think he was talking about behemots o.O

ok...

Behemuts
Bahamuts

and...

Buhamuts

ChocoboMan
11-13-2006, 09:08 PM
thanks

richboywonder
11-13-2006, 11:58 PM
I just walked out of the room once and left the game running for ages and when I came back a party member had been damaged, thats how I came to my conclusion it only attacks mainly through its counterattacks.
but you should be able to beat him before he attacks without counter attack

ChocoboMan
11-23-2006, 11:31 PM
alright thanks for the help

dappa
06-13-2007, 06:43 PM
but you should be able to beat him before he attacks without counter attack

I also think behemoth, when he counterattacks your party he attacks the next person in your party who is about to get a turn.

Phoenix Flame
07-13-2007, 07:58 AM
BTW..................which FF game was this? :o

Zeromus_X
07-13-2007, 06:33 PM
FFIV. :)

dappa
07-14-2007, 09:02 PM
I liked fighting this monster, you dont get the normal battling music when you fight him. Same can be said for those evil masks.