PDA

View Full Version : isn't it strange that....

richboywonder
07-15-2006, 10:35 PM
isn't strange that EVERY day there's a new member.then you never see the new member post or anything they don't do anything.it's strange to me.

Kat
07-15-2006, 11:13 PM
yea i had a thread like this before....yes its very stange

Shaggy
07-15-2006, 11:27 PM
It happens all the time, I don't get it either. Why take the time to sign up (like 2 mins) and then never post? It has baffled me for years now :p

richboywonder
07-16-2006, 02:02 AM
you know what i think i think when somebody creates a new member (when they already are a member)they just fill everything out and as the referrer they put their username that they already have as the referrer so they can get 200gil or something.could happen.i'm not saying people who have alot of refferals do that or something but i hear some people are doing that.

Hydra
07-16-2006, 03:47 AM
It's possible they get uninterested while looking around too.. I dunno why.. o.o

Avathar
07-16-2006, 09:55 AM
I see it this way:

- Members that join up and make no posts at all. (probably forgotten about it)
- Members that make a few posts, just to show the advertizing they make in their sig.
- Spam members.
- Quite nice people that make a good amount of posts, but then dissapear.
- The folk that are here to stay. ^^

Spirit
07-16-2006, 12:21 PM
that's been happening everyday for the past week or so (that I know of). It is a miserty that they don't show up in forum.

Staircase
07-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Yea... How come i see about 30 guest online at all times??? 32 active users.... 30 guests.... 2 users. WTF is that? At least it means this site is getting some attention.

Hydra
07-16-2006, 05:18 PM
True, it is getting attention, but that's the use of attention when you don't gain anything out of it? People look at it, and ultimately just..don't do anything. o_0 They could at least join and give it a little try before they quit. IE, posting a little more than 10 posts, and actually give it a chance.

Zeromus_X
07-16-2006, 05:22 PM
What baffles me even more is that some users that have 0 posts have made avatars and signatures. wth.

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 05:59 PM
What baffles me even more is that some users that have 0 posts have made avatars and signatures. wth.
well sum ppl have come from other forums which they alrdy had sig/ava's, its no surprise to me that they have them...i came from a trading forum to this one which is a drastic change. i like the absence of ppl overrating themselves and spamming profanity to jus spam it.

Spirit
07-16-2006, 07:16 PM
hmm..what do you think we should do about it, so many guests and yet so little users

Kat
07-16-2006, 07:18 PM
hmmm good question maybe you should ask Arkacia....

Zeromus_X
07-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Well, it isn't like we're going to ban each and every one of them just because they don't post. That's their choice. It's just confusing how they would sign up here and never plan to do anything more than maybe five posts.

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 07:28 PM
they jus lose interest in the forum most likely

Shaggy
07-17-2006, 03:36 AM
Well, alot of the users that you see on line (well the visitors) are spiders. Like yahoo, google, msn, and so on are spidering the forum. Which means that the search engine is finding relative content on this site for their search engine directories..

Griever
07-17-2006, 05:49 AM
...That can actually be done?

Da Chink
07-17-2006, 06:48 AM
...That can actually be done?
uhh im with him...i didnt know that was possibly done.

Hydra
07-17-2006, 11:59 AM
In other words, if you put a keyword in the search of Yahoo, MSN, AIM, or Google, somewhere, this pops up. Since it probably isn't what they're looking for, they look around, and leave. Then some come to like it. :D Then there's some who register to see how it's like, and don't like it very much. So they leave. o_0

richboywonder
07-17-2006, 02:36 PM
In other words, if you put a keyword in the search of Yahoo, MSN, AIM, or Google, somewhere, this pops up. Since it probably isn't what they're looking for, they look around, and leave. Then some come to like it. :D Then there's some who register to see how it's like, and don't like it very much. So they leave. o_0
so they're just using us.that irritates me. :mad: :( :mad:

Kat
07-17-2006, 03:35 PM
heh,let em do wat they want it really dont effect me any or me friends any so....i dont give a crap anymore :D

Da Chink
07-17-2006, 03:42 PM
What poopie heads -.-

Griever
07-17-2006, 04:02 PM
It's fine. If they want to miss out on an awesome forum filled with cool people, that's on them i'd say.

Kat
07-17-2006, 04:08 PM
my exact point
hi Griever

Da Chink
07-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Indeed....but cant we jus like delete the acct's that have been inactive for over 2-3 months?

Kat
07-17-2006, 04:09 PM
nope,well i dont think so any way.....

Da Chink
07-17-2006, 04:12 PM
well i jus see it as a waste of names if sumone makes an acct with 0-5 posts and becomes inactive 2 hours after joining the forums. i believe there should be a refresh to acct or else they would become deleted

Kat
07-17-2006, 04:13 PM
yea i would hav to agree

Hydra
07-17-2006, 08:10 PM
What I do, is every member with a 2 month inactivity, e-mail them, then a while later, those who don't respond to the e-mail, delete it. Well, it's what they wanna do. o_0 If they register and leave by trying it out, ok then. Let them leave. They miss out. :D I still say we need to have a special banner, just for guests, to persuade them to join. We could use Grievers one he made. :D

Avathar
07-18-2006, 03:13 PM
What I do, is every member with a 2 month inactivity, e-mail them, then a while later, those who don't respond to the e-mail, delete it.

On most forums I know, a reminder mail comes automatically. >.>

Hydra
07-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Same here, but I never knew. :D I've only gotten a few, and I think those were bulk mail. So, I dunno. Either way. o_0

Judgment
07-18-2006, 05:33 PM
I believe it's because they make new accounts and refer themselves.... which sucks.

Hydra
07-18-2006, 06:06 PM
One of many reasons I guess. Well, what else can you do? Besides deleting their accounts. o_0

Spirit
07-23-2006, 12:53 PM
they must have put invisible mode on. if you go to edit option, it should say it at top of the page, "when log in, it counts you as a guest instead of active member".

richboywonder
07-24-2006, 12:58 AM
could be.but every new member wouldn't go on invisible mode unless it was the same person.

Avathar
08-12-2006, 04:44 PM
What I do, is every member with a 2 month inactivity, e-mail them, then a while later, those who don't respond to the e-mail, delete it. Well, it's what they wanna do. o_0 If they register and leave by trying it out, ok then. Let them leave. They miss out. :D I still say we need to have a special banner, just for guests, to persuade them to join. We could use Grievers one he made. :D

I guess I could e-mail some members of yore. :rolleyes:^^ I kinda miss the two different personalities which were Tiny Bronco and Squall Lionheart. ;o

Slider
08-12-2006, 04:52 PM
Having my own Forum (And not muchexperience) I know that guests acn be either members in invisible mode or real guests who scroll the pages...It's up to the mods to decide wether outsiders can access the topics, links or even see the main page!
Being anew guy myself it's the RPG in here that intrested me VERRRRRRRY much
So I think you should make more advertisment about it because SOMUCH PEOPLE are intrested in that kind of stuff (thenagain they might not be ff fans)
So probably the others register and forget about it!

richboywonder
08-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Having my own Forum (And not muchexperience) I know that guests acn be either members in invisible mode or real guests who scroll the pages...It's up to the mods to decide wether outsiders can access the topics, links or even see the main page!
So I think you should make more advertisment about it because SOMUCH PEOPLE are intrested in that kind of stuff (thenagain they might not be ff fans)
^if you want more experience go to the monster arena.

Spirit
08-18-2006, 05:06 PM

he's not talking about that kind experience.

Avathar
08-18-2006, 06:18 PM

xD Haha, ah man, you've been playing too much.

richboywonder
08-19-2006, 12:26 AM
playing too much what.he's level 8 without any battles

Shaggy
08-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Ok, how do you think I should go about advertising the RPG MOD?

Slider
08-19-2006, 01:00 AM
like I said I'm not that well experienced.....only thing (that might suck a bit) is to put texts or adds about the RPG in the top banner of the main page, there might be other ways
But I know none of them :(
(You might want to take your time since I heard that you're getting a new RPG system that will erase all previous status for evreyone!) so at least there isn't much rush about it!
Sorry I couldn't REALLY help,all I'm saying isthat the game would be a major factor in attracting members! ;)

Shaggy
08-19-2006, 03:17 AM
No prob, but you are right..it is a fun mod to have known to newbies.

Smart Providencia
08-21-2006, 05:04 AM
why didn't you just call them about it?

Shaggy
08-21-2006, 07:57 PM
?? Call who about what?