PDA

View Full Version : eh, stuck at seymour Omnis...

Vince Valentine
07-16-2006, 12:15 AM
well, my strat:
-I summon my aeons to take the hit when he uses ultima.
-I use Yuna, mainly for the aeons, Lulu, because she can double cast, and Rikku, who has equipment that wards all 4 elements that he uses
-I summon the Magus Sisters who are often a very valuable asset against seymour. Anima, when summoned with a grand summon, is helpful but i find shiva much more helpful.
-Sometimes i have Lulu use white magic and Yuna use Black Magic.
can anyone see a flaw here that i can fix?

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 12:18 AM
Oh nvm i know what you are talking about...jus use Lulu to match his elements and Kimarhi is u went thru Black magic with him they can rotate his elements real fast then when he comes to the physical one jus summon an aeon and pwn him works pretty well

Vince Valentine
07-16-2006, 12:19 AM
neither. It's the seymour inside sin...

Kat
07-16-2006, 12:21 AM
any were any time it really helps to just build up your over drives every one's pluse the aeons,it realy does help.

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Building up drives is a waste of time u should be strong enuff to do it w/o having to do that...i mean YOU ARE at the end of the game

Vince Valentine
07-16-2006, 12:24 AM
well, da chink, you have been of no help whatsoever.
apparently, the flaw is in the strategy, i just havent seen it yet...
besides my tidus isnt exactly sephiroth status and for some reason auron dies immediately...

Kat
07-16-2006, 12:24 AM
so :p
it still helps it does more damage then a regular attack

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Idk :-/
i guess i jus beefed all my char by then..i was jus messing around in the monster arena getting the proof of conquest but i beat the game b4 then...best bet if u wanna do it my way is get the Celestrial weapons and Break dmg/Hp limit on all ur chars but that might take to long for what u want to do :|

Kat
07-16-2006, 12:32 AM
besides my tidus isnt exactly sephiroth status and for some reason auron dies immediately...

thats strange Aurons my best man he has more hp than the rest of the characters
and he is also stronger...
oh sorry if im not helping any,but wen im stuck that normally helps me out. :)

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 12:33 AM
U know jus beefing ur chars enough is good when fighting bosses :rolleyes:

Zeromus_X
07-16-2006, 01:04 AM
It's common practice to fill up everyone and all Aeon's Overdrives before all boss battles.

That should be enough, but if you're still having difficulty, steal Doors to Tommorow from Ultima Weapon in the Omega Ruins (if you haven't already gone there yet), and mix them to make all your attacks do at least 9,999 damage and proceed to own him. :)

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 01:07 AM
its alot faster getting auron and rikkus celestrial weapons and beefed than going to the omega ruins and getting ownd

Hydra
07-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Time for an easy and cheap way to kill him. ^_^

For the last incarnation of Seymour you can beat him unbelievably easy by using Valefor's second overdrive, Energy Blast. If you don't have it take the Airship to Besaid and talk to the woman by the temple, she'll give you "something chewed and mangled" which is actually Valefors' energy blast. This takes about 50,000 of his 80,000 HP. Before you use it though, just use a couple of powerful overdrives. That should pretty much do it.

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 01:58 AM
i prefer jus going brute on his dome with break dmg limit but thats jus me...fastest way i mean

darkshadow2247
07-16-2006, 03:49 PM
i prefer jus going brute on his dome with break dmg limit but thats jus me...fastest way i mean
brute force isnt everything. that can take away the value of an RPG. brute force is good for games like fable and halo and ratchet & clank. using a strategy can work just as well and sometimes even better than trying to overpower someone else

*ahem* for seymour omnis, armour and mental reak work well and so do nullification spells. thats why i think its essential to level up yuna and lulu, they have the magicks on their side. then from there are pay attention to his element and attack pattern and shift accordingly. use your strongest player to his the mortiphasms and watch over their health (again, lulu and yuna play a role in that part)

Hydra
07-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Exactly. o_o Using aeons is a fast way. =\

This is actually a very simple battle. I recommend that you leave the
Mortiphasms alone and cast the appropriate Nul spell. If you got any
armor with an "Eater" ability (one can be found in the Sin: Sea of
Sorrow area), equip it so that he heals its owner when he uses their
element. Start with Hastega. Then, have Auron use Armor Break,
DRASTICALLY increasing the damage you do to him. Now, Tidus does 4,000
points and Auron does 6,500. Use them and Yuna with her Nul spells.
Remember, you always lose your Nul status after one spell, so after
every turn Seymour gets, you MUST re-cast the Nul spell! After he uses
Dispel, call an Aeon and let it use Shield or Attack. Then, repeat the
strategy. He should die VERY quickly and easily.

Is the way I used. :D Something odd I noticed, is that two waters
actually makes him nullify FIRE, not WATER, for some reason! If you
have 2 waters, 1 fire, and thunder, it will tell you that you both
nullify AND halve Fire damage! It still does 0 damage, but it IS a
little weird. o_0

Da Chink
07-16-2006, 05:34 PM
brute force isnt everything. that can take away the value of an RPG. brute force is good for games like fable and halo and ratchet & clank. using a strategy can work just as well and sometimes even better than trying to overpower someone else

*ahem* for seymour omnis, armour and mental reak work well and so do nullification spells. thats why i think its essential to level up yuna and lulu, they have the magicks on their side. then from there are pay attention to his element and attack pattern and shift accordingly. use your strongest player to his the mortiphasms and watch over their health (again, lulu and yuna play a role in that part)
Im not Saying completely rely on Brute force im jus saying that in sum cases of the game u cant always jus rely on strategy..like if u fight any of the monsters in the area conquest of the monster arena...u are almost REQUIRED to have Break Dmg Limit. im jus saying brute force is a +. and Halo 2 is a tactical game not a game based on brute force.

Griever
07-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Excuse me shadow but, don't people have their own styles and preferences in playing an rpg?

There is really no "Correct" way to play an rpg.

Hydra
07-16-2006, 06:05 PM
True.. it's supposed to vary in style.. but most RPG's, besides XENOSAGA and Wrath:Unleashed, strength isn't everything.

Griever
07-16-2006, 09:50 PM
I know hydra, and i'm not saying that strength is everything.

I'm only saying that it's pointless to diss other people's playing styles just because you don't agree with it.

Your favorite style, may not appeal to someone else's. And that doesn't really make it wrong now does it?

darkshadow2247
07-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Im not Saying completely rely on Brute force im jus saying that in sum cases of the game u cant always jus rely on strategy..like if u fight any of the monsters in the area conquest of the monster arena...u are almost REQUIRED to have Break Dmg Limit. im jus saying brute force is a +. and Halo 2 is a tactical game not a game based on brute force.
that's what i hinted at. you cant just have a bunch of weaklings either :p

Excuse me shadow but, don't people have their own styles and preferences in playing an rpg?

There is really no "Correct" way to play an rpg.
i never said that using strategy is the only way. i said it can take away the value. and as with just about every post on any forum, a post is an expression of the poster's opinion.

Griever
07-16-2006, 10:28 PM
I never said you said so. You just seem to be dissing other people's styles of play as if it's not the right way.

There is absolutly no point in that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion just like you are.

darkshadow2247
07-16-2006, 10:31 PM
I never said you said so. You just seem to be dissing other people's styles of play as if it's not the right way.

There is absolutly no point in that. Everyone is entitled to an opinion just like you are.
my God i was just stating my opinion against his. excuse me for doing as he did

Vince Valentine
07-16-2006, 10:47 PM
please stay on topic...

Hydra
07-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Well, did you beat him yet? :D

Vince Valentine
07-16-2006, 11:18 PM
i tried
i got close
but no cigar

darkshadow2247
07-16-2006, 11:22 PM
you can always do what lots of people do. dont change anything and hope that within the next 10 battles, he seymour makes a major screw-up lol

Hydra
07-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Get Valefor's Second Overdrive, Bahamut in Overdrive, Shiva in Overdrive, Anima in Overdrive, if you have her, Tidus, and Yuna in Overdrive. That's basically ALL you need. :D

Da Chink
07-17-2006, 03:48 AM
jus use a tele sphere and have everyone learn black magic :)

Griever
07-17-2006, 04:03 AM
my God i was just stating my opinion against his. excuse me for doing as he did

Well all this *ahem* *ahem* crap you posted makes you look like a hypocritical jackass.

Hydra
07-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Now now... there's no reason to argue. :D His question has been basically answered. If you guys want to argue, have a PM war. Or make a topic. o_0

Vince Valentine
07-17-2006, 12:38 PM
thank YOU.

Hydra
07-17-2006, 12:59 PM
You're welcome? o_0 Anyway, did you ever beat him? :D

Vince Valentine
07-17-2006, 01:00 PM
i finally did
thanks be to the ff lord
and to everyone who at least tried to help and not to argue >_>

Hydra