PDA

View Full Version : World War 3

Hydra
07-16-2006, 11:27 PM
i'm not gonna bring the whole story here from MSNBC. but if you want to read the full thing: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13853565/

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Israel tightened its seal on Lebanon, blasting its air and road links to the outside world and bringing its offensive to the capital for the first time Friday in order to punish Hezbollah — and with it, the country — for the capture of two Israeli soldiers.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Israel would not halt its offensive until Hezbollah was disarmed. He made the comment in a telephone call with U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan, Israeli government officials said. Olmert agreed to let a U.N. team come in and try to mediate a cease-fire, an official close to Olmert said on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak to the media.

Warplanes again smashed runways at Beirut’s airport with hours of airstrikes, trying to render it unusable, and destroyed mountain bridges on the main highway to Syria. Warships blockaded Lebanon’s ports for a second day. Smoke drifted over the capital after strikes exploded fuel tanks at one of Beirut’s two main power stations, gradually escalating the damage to Lebanon’s key infrastructure.

Lebanese guerrillas responded by firing a barrage of at least 60 Katyusha rockets throughout the day into northern Israeli towns. The Israeli army ordered residents of Haifa into bomb shelters on Friday, a day after Israel's third largest city was hit by rockets.

Hot spots are just getting more intensified each and every passing day. Iran developed nuclear weapons, N. Korea has been testing thier long range missiles, the US occupation in Iraq is still being prolonged, the genocide in africa(mainly darfur in sudan) shows no sign of letting up and the UN does nothing but stand by and talk, a coup in somalia may be a new haven for bin laden and others in al-qaeda, and Israel is attacking whoever borders them in the name of defense. if Israel keeps this up, Iran might test out on of thier nuclear missiles as well, plunging the entire mid-east deeper into chaos.

Hell, some might say WW3 began once the US entered Iraq, but this might be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Spiff
07-17-2006, 01:50 PM
It probably is the begining. All that needs to happen to create a full blown out war would be for Iran to get their hands on nuclear weapons and then it's on.

Hydra
07-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Hmph... it's like a middle school fight. Two fight, and others jump in. Two countries fight (USA and Iraq/Iran) and other countries(rumored Korera) jump in. It's crazy. =\ You can only hope though.

richboywonder
07-19-2006, 11:19 PM
so you mean we are going to have a world war 3.i didn't think this would ever happen.

Zeromus_X
07-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Luckily I live in Arizona.

Spiff
07-25-2006, 01:50 AM
Quick question: If there was a call of duty, would you join the military and fight?

Hydra
07-26-2006, 01:28 AM
Our government isn't worth fighting for. Our country maybe, but not our government. Too many theories and no answers, everyone is basically pissed and sick of it all. So, what else of redemption would we seek besides dying for our country?

I wouldn't like it. I might. I've got alot to live for, and alot of people die in war.

Spiff
08-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Well, the first battle has ended and each side can now re-stock its supplies. Any thoughts?

Hydra
08-30-2006, 10:00 PM
Bleh. If Bush raids every country for oil like Iraq (concluded there was no Iraq relation of 9/11, and they're having the war in the WRONG country), then there will indeed be a WW3. If terrorists want their country to not have the same laws as we do, let it be. Everything can't be like America, and wasn't faught for to be like America. Well, mostly. =P Bush just wants to be all powerful, by the strings of the government. Either way, we're fighting for the wrong reasons, in my opinion. =O

Spiff
08-31-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm pretty sure this will out-last Bush. It will become a decision for a new president and depending on who they are will affect the direction the US will take.

Hydra
08-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Of course. But why are we fighting? To take away everything a country has, because we want more of it? It's unethical. I don't even see why they attacked Iraq. It was average(as average as it can get over there), before the 9/11 incident, which they even had no part in. We were supposed to believe Iraq was the source of 9/11, and we're fighting for the country, which most people can agree, that's not why we're there. But, yeah. If I were smart, I'd talk about alot of the reasons why we're having the war in Iraq. I just can't word it right. XD

Staircase
08-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Of course. But why are we fighting? To take away everything a country has, because we want more of it? It's unethical. I don't even see why they attacked Iraq. It was average(as average as it can get over there), before the 9/11 incident, which they even had no part in. We were supposed to believe Iraq was the source of 9/11, and we're fighting for the country, which most people can agree, that's not why we're there. But, yeah. If I were smart, I'd talk about alot of the reasons why we're having the war in Iraq. I just can't word it right. XD

Exactly. The government just wanted an excuse to finish up what was started before in iraq. Its almost as if we think countrys are worse than ours, so we invade and force them to become more like us.

I'm pretty sure this will out-last Bush. It will become a decision for a new president and depending on who they are will affect the direction the US will take.

Im not sure the next president has a choice. Bush has dug a hole to deep to just jump out of. If we just evacuate iraq/iran now, it will be pure chaos because they will have no order. We took that away from them.

SethirothVII
09-01-2006, 06:58 PM
That is true about iraq i beleive we shouldnt of even went to war now we are going to invade iran cause of nuclear technology what they do have and isreal is very unstable you gotta be pretty blind not to notice that ww3 is coming we need wars to survive anyway when a wars begins new tchnology is developed the nuclear bomb gives you most energy today and will do for a long time so war isnt too bad as long as you survive it.

Hydra
09-03-2006, 03:04 PM
It's like these past years have warped the USA from being an independent free country, to a dictating, controlling power hungry nation. It's wrong. o_0

It started before 9/11. As far back as I can remember, Bill Clinton had the oppertunity to capture Osama Bin Laden. But he was too busy having that affair problem. XD Then a few years later, in 2001, the Towers incident happened. And with Bush, as stupid as he is, he just thought "War to save the country!". But meh. The government is far more complex can we can ever think of it as it may be. If that even made sense, I would break it down. =D

There are a lot of major higher ups incidents that involve the CIA and the government acting alone. It's like a big school ground girl squad that gossips and has all of the secrets. And the boys don't know. -_-" It's very possible that there are many reasons besides war and oil that we're fighting in Iraq.

It's weird. o.o I don't know what to think about Bush. Is he smarter than he looks, or is he just a big puppet for the government? Either way, I bet every country's pissed at him, and he doesn't know what to do with firepower. There's going to be a WW3. This president or next, his actions and future actions can't help much, now that everyone in the nation has second thoughts about said actions.

SethirothVII
09-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Bush will probbly be assassinated not my point of view but if you belive what notridomus says the world leader of the new world shall be struck down. WW3 would of happended anyway you cant stop war. Bush knows nothing he is always bugged and told what to say by the CIA,NID,FBI,SPEC OPS the government so he is like the puppet for the government. When 9/11 happended war on terr began is it still going probbly not Bush cares about money as it was proven his family were paid to help with excustions of jews by hitler. Bush doesnt care about bin laden or america if is more focused on the middle east america will lose all its allies and be destroyed because of bush and thats why ww3 will happen notridomus says it and codes in the bible up to you if you wanna beleive them but bush shall be killed either as a president or civillian

Hydra
09-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Harhar, I doubt "daddy" would have that and let it go freely. Either way, anyones wrong actions towards the government will lead to our imminent doom. Not like the government is leading us there slowly anyway. No matter what path we take, we're going to war, one way or the other. There's no way we can really avoid it, after the actions of our higher ups in the White House.

Phoenix Flame
09-08-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by SethirothVII. WW3 will happen notridomus says it and codes in the bible up to you if you wanna beleive them but bush shall be killed either as a president or civillian

Actually, I do believe the Bible - the word, not the code - is Truth, and it does say that a world leader will be killed by the sword...but I do not think that is Bush. I think that it will truely be a WORLD leader - one not yet born, or at least not yet revealed.

Secondly. (And most obviously.) We have to protect our country. I'm not saying that invading Iraq was/is a good thing because look at all the problems over there till this day. If Bush was really trying to fight terrorists, then why are several dozen people killed DAILY in bombings and raids and acts of terrorism in Iraq. I mean, dang - we've been there for how many years??? You could comb all beaches in America if you wanted to, but you cant comb a few cities, towns, villages and mountains. We have the best technology in the world and we can't find Bin Laden? (Not that he's in Iraq, but still.) I mean @%^%#$^!!! So, no...I don't think we are there for terrorism. We are there for the government's agenda...whatever that is. :mad:

Lastly, as far as WWIII - Yup, its coming. Enlisting...I dunno, maybe. I almost joined the Air Force once - I'd go with them over the Army or Navy (if I had a choice.) Don't know/can't say when its coming, but 'wars and rumors of wars' are promised till the last day. So,..enjoy! J/K. :cool:

Slider
10-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Actually, the death toll in Iraq has reached and surpassed 65'000 civilians (men women and children)more than half of them by U.S. fire arms.... 20 times larger than the number announced by Bush in his last confrence. As far as for the war in Lebanon, evreyone should know that Israel haven't FULLY retreated until now after the war ended with 152 dead in Israel mostly but I'm not sure 130 military units and the rest are civilians. As for Lebanon, the death toll surpassed 1'100 almost ALL of them civilians and even mostly defenceless children and women who couldn't evacuate South Lebanon.

So if you ask me about the REAL terrorists.................. >:-(

In any case I'm very sure the west countries (starting from Europe) hardly knows about the intensified attacks in Ghaza, Palestine DURING and under the cover of the Lebanon war.

To stay on topic, I believe that World War 3 is a possibility that WE might witness for too many reasons that I'll resumevery briefly by importance:

1- North Korea conflict (already threatenend to declare war especially on U.S.)
2- Iran conflict
3- Palestine conflict
4- Syria and Afghanistan conflict

So all these reasons united, if they reach critical points and some countries find shared benefits.

Tiny Bronco
12-11-2006, 09:37 PM
This thread caught my eye so I'll put in my two cents.

Frankly I don't think it'll be a "World War" like the first two were. The first two dragged not only Europe into war, but all their "colonies" too. A fact overlooked by many but Africa was also torn up in the WWs. Also, as always don't beleive what people say especially if those people are a news network. They are making it sensational and more than 70%+ of news is just yellow journalism.

Not to say a war isn't coming. It may not be a "World War". There is probably going to be sometime in the future a very large war in the middle east. There are just to many people, to much government corruption, and to many different religiouse and political views. Not to be against Islam (I don't understand why people think Islam is bad. Muslims beleive in the same God and many principles as Cristianity and Jewduism) or the ethnic groups in the Middle East because we (the rest of the world) owe a lot to the Arabic culture. Arabics presurved Greek and Roman knowledge throughout the dark ages and then improved and spread that knowledge back to Europe.

Anyhow, that area of the world has always been trouble because it spawned 3 main religiouns and has a lot of wealth.
Throughout history there have been countless religious wars, constant changes in power, almost every ethinic group and religioun has a claim to the area, nomadic peoples looting, forced religiouse conversions, etc. Take a look at any standard 9-10th grade history text book and just read. (Yes, I read history books for fun, because their is a lot of interesting stuffs in em.)

Eventually some group be it religiouse, political, or ethnic is going to take over everything by force most likely and kill all people who don't agree with them. It is only a matter of time and I hope that they (the victores) are capable leaders.

Europe, China, the U.S., and the rest of the world are probably just going to stand by not wanting to get involved. These countries have learned from past wars (The current war, WW1 and 2, The Korean war, Vietnam, others) that you cannot get involved in struggles like this because they will eventualy turn into gorilla and urban warfare. And you cannot win those wars by force.
Important stuff here.
In all of history there has been only 3 powers that brought relative peace to all that they controlled. The Romans, The Mongols, and the USSR. The price for this peace was freedom. I don't know how the USSR did it, but for about 40+ years thye Soviet Union was able to stop all ethnic and religiouse violence in their territory. Just about the only good thing the USSR accomplished.

If you read all that I appluad you. :D

Phoenix Flame
12-15-2006, 02:18 AM
I don't understand why people think Islam is bad.

Uhhh,.. perhaps its their philosophy that God wants them to kill all those who don't believe in Allah??? That kinda makes me feel bad for them. But I don't think the people are bad, just misguided.

Slider
02-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Uhhh,.. perhaps its their philosophy that God wants them to kill all those who don't believe in Allah??? That kinda makes me feel bad for them. But I don't think the people are bad, just misguided.

What the???????
I'm a muslim, do i want to kill you (if you were an atheists)??????????? please be precise when you say something about my religion because i'm very sensitive about it (espcially with all the bad ideas spread by the media)
Nah, I blame the cursed western media who's puttin islam out since eternity
sorry reason but i think you've been misguided yourself with that idea of Islam :)

Explanation: Muslims lived with christians and jews in harmony when islam originated, that was in Yathreb (Al Madina Al Monawara ~ Enlighted City in Saudi Arabia) all the holy wars were in defence against the atheists
That's were people get the idea of muslims kill all atheists
Islam declares that it's a succession to Judism then Christianity and similiary to them it prays for their guidance to worship the one and only God (the same declared by the three holy religions)

As for WWIII, there's no doubt there'll be one soon ( actually it's bad enough that we might live to see it :( I hate fighting )