PDA

View Full Version : Cid?

Staircase
07-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Ive played almost all the final fantasys and ive noticed one little thing (im sure if youve played more than 1 ff u noticed it too)... If there is an airship in the game.. Somebody named CID always has somthing to do with it... ALWAYS. Flys it, made it, knows alot about airships, anything. What do you think about this... You think theres a connection? Or Square Enix just loves the name Cid? I Figured if it was just the name they liked that meybe somebody who made the games was named CID... nope. Looked at the creds and no cids. :confused:

So, what do you think? Or meybe youve found a FF without a cid related to an airship. :rolleyes:

Kat
07-17-2006, 08:19 PM
no i hav found no relations,but i have noticed that myself, as a matter of fact i asked my bro that very same question

Hydra
07-17-2006, 08:30 PM
On the Gameboy Final Fantasy Legends III, the airship owner isn't named Cid. :D But that's all I can think of. Never played Legends II, and I don't remember I.

Dark FFnut
07-17-2006, 09:16 PM
FF6. Cid runs a Magitek research facility. Setzer owns/does everything with the airship. Magitek and airships are entirely unrelated. Cid has absolutely nothing to do with the airship.

Zeromus_X
07-17-2006, 09:34 PM
FFT, if Orlandu hasn't worked with airships before.

FFVIII, Headmaster Cid, unless you count Garden as being an airship.

That's all I can think of.

Staircase
07-17-2006, 09:35 PM
Ah, ill look into that darkffnut. And hydra, The FF Adventure games were the series of mana wernt they? I dunno, meybe im wrong on that

Zeromus_X
07-17-2006, 09:44 PM
'Final Fantasy Adventure' was the first Seiken Densetu ('__ of Mana') game, for the Gameboy. It was rehauled for the Gameboy Advance as 'Sword of Mana' in the west (which is worth a buy).

The 'Final Fantasy Legend' series of games for the Gameboy are really the first three SaGa games. They were renamed possibly for more publicity.

And yeah, no Cid in either of them. But the first Seiken game had more FF aspects then the later Seiken games (Moogles, Chocobos, etc.) They changed these to later Seiken icons like Rabites, Dudbears, etc.

What about Dr. Sid in the Spirits Within movie? :)

Staircase
07-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Eh, i was kinda counting headmaster Cid in FFVII cause the garden flys, but i guess alot of these are opinion. Ive realy only played 1 through x-2 and tactics. And i didnt think there was an airship in Tactics. And ive never seen spirits within, meybe ill have to go buy me a copy =).

Kat
07-17-2006, 09:58 PM
any way there is a lot ov Cids in FF

Zeromus_X
07-17-2006, 10:13 PM
There are airships at the end, but they're mostly a form of 'lost technology' as you see in most FFs. The Cid in FF Tactics is 'Thunder God Cidolfas Orlandu', but I haven't gotten far enough to know if he's involved with machinery or anything.

Seyluv
07-18-2006, 03:15 AM
Yeah that is truth. I also seen many other ff guys play a roles similar in all of them.

darkshadow2247
07-18-2006, 03:26 AM
there's no such thing as an airship in FFCC, consequently, no Cid :P

Hydra
07-18-2006, 03:30 AM
there's no such thing as an airship in FFCC, consequently, no Cid :P
That's true, but with no Cid, there's no air ship, mostly. And with no air ship, it's not pertaining to what the topic is asking. But you're right, you beat me to it. XD

Seyluv
07-18-2006, 07:47 AM
What is FFCC? I really never heard of that one...Oh wait, is that Crystal Chroncles?

darkshadow2247
07-18-2006, 11:38 AM
What is FFCC? I really never heard of that one...Oh wait, is that Crystal Chroncles?
exactly what it is.

Avathar
07-18-2006, 02:39 PM
I once made a thread on all the Cids. :p But to cut it down briefly:

FFII: An airship pilot. He ownes one of the few airships that aren't under the control of the empire, although it's not sure if he created the airship.

FFIII: Owner and creator of the airship.

FFIV: An engineer, but doesn't own airships, although throughout the game you'll see that he can fly with an airship.

FFV: Cid helps the party to discover an ancient airship, but he himself is an inventor, and hasn't got any great knowledge on airships in general.

FFVI: Chief researcher in Magitek, though you could asssume he helped the empire in the creation of airvessels.

FFVII: Airship owner and pilot.

FFVIII: The headmaster of Balamb Garden, which you could see as an airship.

FFIX: Airship designer.

FFX: Repaired the airship found near Baaj Temple.

:rolleyes:

Zeromus_X
07-18-2006, 03:45 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i166/Zeromus_X/cidsthroughouthistory.jpg

Hydra
07-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Someone likes LegendaryFrog. :D lol, funny song...

Avathar
07-18-2006, 04:47 PM
<3 Choco Robo Voice.