PDA

View Full Version : i think my computer is in danger!!!

richboywonder
07-19-2006, 09:42 PM
what does this mean:
windows has detected spyware infection.
it is recommended to use antispyware tools to prevent data lose.
windows will now download and install the most up-to-date anitspyware for you.
click here to protect your computer from spyware.

well,i clicked there and it does do anything.is my computer in danger or something

Avathar
07-20-2006, 05:11 AM
An auto-update of an Anti-Virus program, perhaps?

Griever
07-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Man you need to head over to download.com and download a free trial of spysweeper and get whatever it is off your computer.

If you don't, who knows? You may end up reformatting your computer >.<

ultimecia
07-21-2006, 05:19 PM
i agree with avathar

Seyluv
08-01-2006, 03:14 AM
Yeah me too, but at least your computer is not as bad as my old one. I can't even be on there for half hour. The internet is all mess up and it takes forever to load up. Pretty soon when I get some money i'M Taking it to the shop. Its still good. The internet runs very fast when its on a good day. It has always been a good computer to me. I believed its a virus on it. I even tried to some web-sites that clean your computer, as well as get rit of the virus, but no luck and it cut off on me.

ShadowHeart
08-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Man you need to head over to download.com and download a free trial of spysweeper and get whatever it is off your computer.
Or you could just go to www.adaware.com and download Ad-Aware, which is a free anti-spyware program (free for non-commercial use or something like that).. and a good one too.

Arkacia
09-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Just to throw my 2 cents in.

I find SpyBot to be better than Adaware. It picked up several things on this comp that Adaware didn't detect, and yes, before anyone asks, I had updated it :p.

ShadowHeart
09-30-2006, 08:23 AM
And did Adaware perhaps pick up anything that SpyBot didn't? ;) Most Anti-Virus programs do this, one of them finds virus A and virus B, but the other one finds virus B and virus C.

Slider
10-11-2006, 12:01 PM
what does this mean:
windows has detected spyware infection.
it is recommended to use antispyware tools to prevent data lose.
windows will now download and install the most up-to-date anitspyware for you.
click here to protect your computer from spyware.

well,i clicked there and it does do anything.is my computer in danger or something

I've seen that before, sometimes appears on a web page or in a separate Window (usually when you're oppening a Junk site) the best you can get out of it is a scan and I'm not sure about how real is the virus found (usually it finds at least one) and you can't clear the assumued virus unless you buy the product! An advertising attempt for an Anti-spyware usually less effective than the more famous ones. So your computer isn't at danger (or so I believe) so just close and refuse whatever it shows you and you should be fine.
Hope that helped!