PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga Episode III

Hydra
07-23-2006, 03:41 PM
I must say, Xenosaga 3:Also Sprach Zarathustra, is the best Xenosaga game out there, besides number one. :D I love 3 as much as 1. And I played over one dozens of times. o__o The game's as if it's 60% story and 40% dungeon. You'll spend a LOT of time killing things, and enjoying the story, is what that means. :)

The thing I loved the most is the Final Boss fight/music. It takes some real skill and not overleveling to do. I breezed through most of the game by overleveling, and Zarathustra well...owned me. :D I DIDN'T use Erde Kaiser. That wouldn't have been fair. XD Promised Pain sounds so awesome too. :p

The game's not mine. It's a friends, and I "stayed over" with him. For it. And to hang out. :D Of course, it's not out in America yet. He's an import freak, heh. I plan to get the English copy, and you should too. The second one may have been a disappointment, but this one isn't. o_0

richboywonder
07-29-2006, 04:12 PM
i was thinking on buying 1&2.

Da Chink
07-29-2006, 05:06 PM
Is that Game Series worth the money and time to play?

richboywonder
07-29-2006, 05:28 PM
looks like it.i looked at the previews and it was alright.

Hydra
07-29-2006, 05:44 PM
The first and third are. The second? Not so much.. =\ They tried to make it better than the first. And it failed. :D The third is way better than the first though.

Zeromus_X
07-29-2006, 11:04 PM
It has Albedo. Albedo is awesome.

See? (http://youtube.com/watch?v=2voHxqduBGU)*

*Not for younger audiences.

Well, is Albedo in the third one? He's in the first one, but I don't know anything about the second one.

Da Chink
07-29-2006, 11:09 PM
then...it looks like im gonna have to spend my money on other stuff now *sigh* was planning on saving up to go to Gen Con :-/

Hydra
07-30-2006, 12:21 AM
If Rubedo's in it, you know Albedo is too. OR IS HE?! :D

Albedo in 2 was a hard boss to fight. His first fight even. xD

Tested Erde Kaiser on Zarathustra....and..well...he went down.. o_o

If you don't know what Zarathustra is, it's a giant killing machine(literally) of awesomeness. You have to fight by hand(no mechs). That presents a challenge. :D

Edit:So you don't get confused by the first statement, and if you didn't play II, well.....(Spoilers Below)

Albedo died in the second game. =\ OR DID HE?!!?!? :D I'll let you figure that out.

C_Dub
08-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Is this series really that good? I tried renting it but it seems like it was movie after movie and didn't have much gameplay though i didn't get very far in... is it a good story line and is it worth buying?

Hydra
08-09-2006, 12:54 AM
One and Three are. It may pick up slowly at the beginning, but believe me, it's worth going through.

Oh, and Zeromus:

SPOILERS......

He is alive in the third one.

MAJOR SPOILERS!

But he dies. Again. He dies to save Rubedo. =D

KOS-MOS
09-01-2006, 08:37 AM
Is this series really that good? I tried renting it but it seems like it was movie after movie and didn't have much gameplay though i didn't get very far in... is it a good story line and is it worth buying?

if u like storyline, xenosaga has the most in-depth storyline out of any rpg i've played. i've played ff2, 3, 7, 8, 10, and 10-2, and none of these can compare to xenosaga in terms of the story.

Hydra
09-03-2006, 03:45 PM
I wouldn't say THAT much...but you will spend HOURS just watching cutscenes alone...and you'll like it every single time. =D I rented the US version. Not done with it yet, so I'm not sure if any censorship is involved (gore) or not.