PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy emulators

Squall85
05-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Anyone play ff games on emulators

Gumdrop
05-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I need to use them to take images and write walkthroughs for the site I'm working on, I find its easier to have the game running on the PC than on the console when writing...I just wish the PAL verson of FF9 would work on ePSXe.

LoKuS
05-10-2005, 10:50 PM
I dont.

ShadowHeart
05-11-2005, 03:51 AM
Before Final Fantasy Origins, Final Fantasy Anthology and Final Fantasy VI were re-released for PS1, it was impossible to play any of the old NES and SNES games in the series if you lived in Europe (unless you imported them, of course). Those games were simply never released here until Square made them for PS1 as well in recent years. So yeah, I've played all the old FF games on emulators - simply because I had no other choice if I wanted to play them. One of them I can still only play on emulator, and that's FF3j with a translation patch..

Squall85
05-11-2005, 03:55 AM
yea ff3 wasn't released anywhere, where did u get ur patch from?

ShadowHeart
05-11-2005, 03:57 AM
I can't remember where I got it from, it was such a long time ago I downloaded it :)

Squall85
05-11-2005, 03:58 AM
back to good old google :cool:

Gumdrop
05-11-2005, 06:08 AM
lol, you should get a copy that does not need a patch. I think this one won't need one: http://www.ffdownloads.com/downloads/Final%20Fantasy%203/rom
the only final fantasy I realy want to work on an emulator is the PAL of ff9....other people have got it to work, but I can't get my copy to run.
I already have a working fftactics and ff3 (the only FF's that have not been released where I live).

ShadowHeart
05-11-2005, 12:15 PM
If you don't need a patch for it, then it means it was already patched by someone else :P Not that difficult to do it yourself, but I guess there's no point in making it more difficult for yourself :)

And heavens, why can't you just run it on your PS1/PS2? Is it because you want screenshots and stuff? In that case, you can just try to *cough*downloadtheNTSCversion*cough* and see if that works instead?

Gumdrop
05-11-2005, 01:32 PM
I know, but I had trouble patching Star Ocean one for some reason *feels lame* so I like pre patched games...
Yeah, I need to play FF9 on an emulator at some point so I can take pictures. I would download it but FF9 is huge, I made a CD image of it and it was very,very big :S
and you see I only have a 56k dial up so erm...downloading it is a no, no for me. I was lucky with FFTactics, my brother got me that. My brother can't finad all the FF9 discs though.

ShadowHeart
05-11-2005, 01:36 PM
I can play Star Ocean 1 without patching it manually :D I have a translation patch that I just put in the same folder as the rom, and Snes9x will translate on the fly without having to modify the actual rom. You just need to make sure the patch and the rom are named exactly the same (besides the file extension).

Oh a dial up.. well then that's not possible, unless you know someone that can download it for you and give it to you on burnt CDs :)

Quezacotl
06-21-2005, 05:33 PM
I've tried playing FF7 on an emulator before... I remember I liked it more than playing on the PSX even because of the speed-up option that made the boring parts easier to skip. However there was something wrong with the graphics setup on my ePSXe so some of the graphics were a bit dodgy, but I'm not bothered about that. :p

FFnut
06-21-2005, 07:12 PM
I just got my ePSXe working again (my graphics plugin was screwed up) so I've been playing on it again.

HC, according to the help file, you need a patch applied to the disc itself. Ouch.

On another note, in the US version of FFIX, anyone know how to make the battle menu actually appear? It's hard to fight when I'm trying to remember where exactly each ability is. If it helps, I'm using P.E.Op.S. gpu soft plugin v. 1.17.

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed - Happy Birthday HC!

ShadowHeart
06-25-2005, 08:29 AM
FFIX is known to have compatibility problems with ePSXe.. you might want to check the official ePSXe forums (according to www.epsxe.com) here (http://www.ngemu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=7).

neokiller
12-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Is It Possible To Download Ff8 N Emulators That Will Run It If Ya Plz Tell Me Where

ShadowHeart
12-13-2005, 06:01 PM
It is possible, but it's illegal, so I can't tell you. Sorry, but it's against the forum rules. You'll have to ask somewhere else.

Phoenix Flame
12-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Shadowheart, are emulators of FF's illegal in general to download?

- No dumb question except the one that isn't asked right?

I would like to get tactics on emulator but have never used/seen one used before. So,.. Yeah. Any suggestions?

ShadowHeart
12-15-2005, 10:11 AM
The emulators themselvs are NOT illegal. You can use an emulator to play your original PSX CDs and that's perfectly legal. Heck, you can even rip your PSX CDs into CD images on your hard drive and play on an emulator using those and that's legal too.

What's illegal is downloading game CD images. Or ROMs for any cassette based console.

Gumdrop
12-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Its not illegal to download games if you own a copy of it already and just wanna run it onyou're computer ^^

Phoenix Flame
12-23-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the info...um, where can I find out more about emulators or get one???

ShadowHeart
12-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Actually, I've heard that downloading a CD image is illegal even if you own the game (ROMs are supposedly legal to download though if you own a copy of the game). You need to rip your own CD into a CD image yourself to be legal. And about PS1 emulators, you need a BIOS image to be able to play on them, and downloading one is illegal.. making your own BIOS image from your own PS1 is legal though, but I have no idea how to do that.

To find out about emulators and games, just search on google... there are tons of sites with emulators out there.

Phoenix Flame
12-25-2005, 06:45 AM
k...thanks!

dappa
10-18-2006, 08:34 AM
I have just put final fantasies 4 and 5 on my mobile phone and they play ok. I also have no 3 aswell but it crashes when I try to load it. I am currently looking for the final fantasy 6 rom to stick on my phone too.

dappa
05-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Their must be other members on ffnet who have final fantasy on their phone through an emulator, I cant be the only one who has

Shinra Soldier 1
08-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I played FF7 on one just for the save state, and I didn't have the game, and I don't have a regular PS, and I wanted to be able to cheat if necessary : )The good thing about rpg's like that is the arrow keys work just fine