PDA

View Full Version : just curious

Genesis Rhapsodos
08-04-2006, 02:30 PM
who here thinks they should make a ff8 movie like they did for ff7 ac??? :confused:

Zeromus_X
08-04-2006, 03:54 PM
It wouldn't sell well because it isn't as popular as FFVII (though you can't blame it for that), and everything was wrapped up perfectly unlike FFVII's plot which left many questions unanswered.

So no, probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Genesis Rhapsodos
08-04-2006, 04:03 PM
poo u

Zeromus_X
08-04-2006, 04:27 PM
What? You asked for everyone's opinion on making an FFVIII movie. I answered. Why would you bother making a thread if you're going to disregard what everyone else says?

Avathar
08-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Why would you bother making a thread if you're going to disregard what everyone else says?

'Cause he's obviously a fanboy.

Da Chink
08-04-2006, 07:04 PM
no need to make up a movie for a one of the less popular US selling FF games (the game did sell ALOT better in Japan). and there is really no place to add a super crazy plot twist. so imo it would be a waste of production time and money...

Harken
08-06-2006, 08:49 AM
To be serious I didin't even now who tha heck was squall and all that until I played the game so it woudint win much from it:(

Slider
08-12-2006, 11:53 AM
I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see their new Ideas about ff8...I can't BELIEVE they keep making stuff for 7!!! I've seen it and hated EVREYTHING other thanthe fights...(Other than they being so FICTIONNAL of course)
I know the WHOLE WORLD was waiting upon a FFVIII-2 or a movie of it FOR THE LEAST!!!

Avathar
08-12-2006, 12:37 PM
A sequel wouldn't quite work ('cause, what's left to tell?).

What would make a decent adaptation of the game into a film, is a prequel, the history of Edea and Cid / or Ultimecia's past / or the whole Adel story. :rolleyes: I would love to see a Laguna flick, but as good as everything is told withing the game. :o

Slider
08-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi, I was thinking more like a several parts movies,
A prequel and part of the present+The game story+And new ideas for a sequel
For example it wasn't mentionned wether Adel was killed or sealed back into the space...so she can be alive...Seifer can be on his friends side this time to make up his mistake and live his TRUE dream...Say find his own sorceress to be her knight since there are many in the world that live secretely with their powers since they are feared by the world (Sorceresses wars + the already exsiting storyline)...So anyways that soreceress can be used to free Adel once more since she is VERY powerfull (Seeing that all these years being sealed with the whole planets gravitationnal powers she was only WEAKENNED...Along with the risk to posses Rinoa again the whole time
But that'sjust my idea!!!

ThroneofDravaris
08-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Adel is in fact dead. They had to kill her to ensure that Rinoa was the only Sorceress left in that era, thus the only one Ultimecia could control.

Slider
08-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Sorry but I don't think they mentionned that! There were ALREADY many other sorceresses in the world like I said before that hide thier identity so they wouldn't be feared...so Rinoa wasn't the only one...

Luis
08-12-2006, 01:42 PM
I can't remember whether there were more sorceress or not. But if I am right(and I think so) we kill Adel in the game (you know, once you fight her). Nevertheless, I think a movie for FFVIII would be fine too (if they do respect the storyline and so on). A movie for the dictatorship of Adel, for example. Or a movie to confirm whether the story is repeated, and Rinoa becomes Ultimecia xD ;) ;)

Slider
08-12-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't recall them showing in anyway wether Adel was knocked out and sent back in the seal (It's still an option) or if she was killed your assumption COULD go either way and..
Ummm...ooooooooooooooooK...what was that silly (No offense)Rinoa Ultemicia part?

Zeromus_X
08-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Some fans don't think that Ultimecia has enough development (though if you just think about it for a second she isn't that badly developed) and claim that Rinoa eventually turns into Ultimecia. However, the Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania guide book states that Sorceresses have normal human life-spans. So Rinoa can't live to the time of Ultimecia to 'become' her anyway.

It was a nice theory though.

Slider
08-12-2006, 01:59 PM
!!!!!!!
I'm almost speechless how in THE WORLD would someone conclude this! REALLY
I mean the entire thing wuld be pointless!
I don't to hear about it anyways (I tend to be stupid enough to be influenced sometimes! :D )

Luis
08-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Damn! I was still reading again the thread in which it was discussed, and you didn't let me edit it since you both had already aswered!! xDD I read your last answer in that thread Zeromus, so I guess there's no movie for that option xDD :p

Nevertheless, if anyone wants to know about it watch the corresponding thread(though everything seems already clear) http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=365&page=2&pp=15

Zeromus_X
08-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Hey! I remember that thread!

Well, regarding that, while I believe that would be a great plot twist (adding to the 'you must kill the one you love' theme FFVIII has going on), it's a shame it isn't true. Although many would claim that FFVIII's plot could've gone in many different directions.

ThroneofDravaris
08-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Haha @ the topic poster in that thread trying to pass off the notion that they thought up the R=U connection themselves.

Also:

Sorry but I don't think they mentionned that! There were ALREADY many other sorceresses in the world like I said before that hide thier identity so they wouldn't be feared...so Rinoa wasn't the only one...

There are 2 sorceresses in our time. Sorceress Rinoa
and Sorceress Adel. Of ze two, Adel has not awaken yet. Once
regeneration is completed, neither Laguna not I will be safe. Sorceress
Adel is probably in ze process of awakening inside of Lunatic Pandora.
Ultimecia will want to possess Adel, if Adel wakes up. Zat vill be a
horrible event. Adel iz a horrible sorceress. If Adel's consciousness
wins over Ultimecia, Adel will first destroy this era. So we must use
Sorceress Rinoa to inherit Ultimecia's powers. Zat's all for ze mission
briefing. First, go to Lunatic Pandora. Ellone's probably being held
captive inside, so rescue her first. Then kill Sorceress Adel before ze
awakening process is completed. Now, we're left with Rinoa as ze only
sorceress of this era.

Slider
08-12-2006, 03:11 PM
I agree on that...but in the Information tutorial I don't remember what it exactly said BUT look up the Sorceresses definition (That's where I'm getting my information from)
So Odine probably meant the 2 significantly powerfull soreceresses!

Seyluv
08-25-2006, 03:15 AM
That would be too cool. I think it would be great if they made a movie out of FF8. Its like the second best FF, right after FF7.

ave
09-12-2006, 09:44 PM
i think it would be great if thay made a ff8 movie :)

My hero Squall
10-30-2006, 09:25 PM
I think it would be a great idea if they made a movie for FF8, in my opinion it's the best game! I've played it like 5 times this year! Squall is my hero! I'm getting a Griever tattoo and yah even though we al know what happens it'd be great to have cool movie just like Advent Children was made, better images compared to the actual game if you know what I mean. Also looking forward to the next ff7 game where Vincent is the main character...

Squall Lionheart
10-30-2006, 09:36 PM
I think it would be a great idea if they made a movie for FF8, in my opinion it's the best game! I've played it like 5 times this year! Squall is my hero! I'm getting a Griever tattoo and yah even though we al know what happens it'd be great to have cool movie just like Advent Children was made, better images compared to the actual game if you know what I mean. Also looking forward to the next ff7 game where Vincent is the main character...

I agree...
...and welcome...it's been a long time since anyone who loves FF VIII has been here...
Well...at least not as much as you do...

My hero Squall
11-01-2006, 12:29 PM
I think that it's a shame that the game was released so long ago and it's such a great game, I seriously think that it would be a great idea if they redid the game, you know same story and everything just with better graphics! How awesome would that be?! Same with FF7, I think there'd be heaps more people interested in the games if they had better graphics!

dappa
11-01-2006, 02:54 PM
I think that it's a shame that the game was released so long ago and it's such a great game, I seriously think that it would be a great idea if they redid the game, you know same story and everything just with better graphics! How awesome would that be?! Same with FF7, I think there'd be heaps more people interested in the games if they had better graphics!

Yes I agree with you on that one. I once saw a video for the playstation 3 showing the intro for ff7 as how it would look for the ps3 and it looked awesome. But then square decided to bin the idea cause they reckon it would take years to remake the whole game. I assume the same applies to ff8.

My hero Squall
11-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Serious hey! Well I think all those years would be dam well worth it!

ThroneofDravaris
11-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Yes I agree with you on that one. I once saw a video for the playstation 3 showing the intro for ff7 as how it would look for the ps3 and it looked awesome. But then square decided to bin the idea cause they reckon it would take years to remake the whole game. I assume the same applies to ff8.
Square was never, at any point, planing on remaking FFVII for the PS3. The FFVII Tecnically demo that they made was just a way of showing off the capabilities of the PS3 in a way in which it could be compared to past systems.

~SapphireStar~
11-09-2006, 12:08 PM
No more movies or spin offs. They should leave classics alone and just get making new games.

My hero Squall
11-09-2006, 12:39 PM
uhhh guess your right. FF8 was a hit in the past and still is a hit now but leave space for the new FFs.