PDA

View Full Version : Nation States

darkshadow2247
08-06-2006, 03:05 PM
hard to find a place to post this, but i guess this will do.

Nation States (www.nationstates.net)

this is nation states. it's a simple, text-based "game" in which you rule your own country. when you sign up, you get to choose your countrie's names, currency, animal, flag, and what type of country

as the game progressed, you will get issues that come up. based on your stance of these issues depends on how your coutry will grow. it's pretty much self-explanitory.

this game isn't something that you'd spend hours playing because it's interactivity is very limited. but it is a little something that can keep you occupied for a good 10 minutes. it's also fun to read the little description about your country after you make a decision.

Arkacia
08-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Can't keep you playing for hours? Umm, I spend most of my internet time on this game. It can get very addictive.

I've been playing it for 2 years solid, 3 years on and off. Have 12 nations, 2 regions of my own and have had 2 UN resolutions I wrote passed. How interesting this game is to a player depends on how involved they get in the UN part of it, or regional government, the forum (some players only keep their nation alive so they can post on the forum). The invader/defender part of the game is the main interest for some players too. I've dabbled in the defender side, but enjoy the UN part of it more.

Glock
08-08-2006, 08:42 PM
i just made a nation, because it sounded interesting.

darkshadow2247
08-08-2006, 11:34 PM
Can't keep you playing for hours? Umm, I spend most of my internet time on this game. It can get very addictive.

I've been playing it for 2 years solid, 3 years on and off. Have 12 nations, 2 regions of my own and have had 2 UN resolutions I wrote passed. How interesting this game is to a player depends on how involved they get in the UN part of it, or regional government, the forum (some players only keep their nation alive so they can post on the forum). The invader/defender part of the game is the main interest for some players too. I've dabbled in the defender side, but enjoy the UN part of it more.
you're right. i only said it won't keep you on for minutes because a lot of people i've referred to it just stays within their nation and keeps to themselves...kind of like isolationists lol

but if you do get involved on the forum and with the progress of the game, it can keep you hooked.

Arkacia
08-11-2006, 07:55 AM
What is your nation's name?
Just curious if I'd recognise it or not :p.

If you're willing to tell me, I'll admit who I am too.

richboywonder
08-11-2006, 08:33 PM
that's cool,never been there before.