PDA

View Full Version : New Game+

Hydra
08-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Though it only works on the Japan/Indonesian/Euro(?) version of FFX, I decided to try this. JAP International version.

Blazed through Dark Ifrit with Protect, Auto Phenoix armors, Celestial Weapons, and Aeons. Then I did the talking to the Al Bhed trick. Which didn't work. So I decided it didn't work.

So, tried it again. And it worked. o__o It allows you to re-enter Home like nothing happened, with Yuna in your party, item boxes previously opened, everything you've collected and such. It's so awesome. O__O Kudos to Gamefaqs. They say some nasty glitches happen, but I have yet to come upon them, and I'm close to fighting Flux.

lol, just giddy about doing this and it worked. Now I can own Yunalesca with super ease. :D If anyone has those three(not sure about the Euro version) versions, definately try it. It's so cool. o.o

Sagensyg
08-09-2006, 04:26 AM
Lucky Non-American versions

Hydra
08-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Tried it in the US version and it doesn't work, so yeah. These days though, you can easily buy a mod chip and a PAL version of FFX for under $150.

Ubslasherx
08-09-2006, 05:30 PM
I love living in australia... pal everywhere

dcnnnghm
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
dang,wish i could play that one.

Zeromus_X
08-09-2006, 10:32 PM
Correct me if I'm missing something, but what would be the point of going back there if you've already played those bosses before in the same game? Unless I don't know how this trick works, I've only read about it once on Gamefaqs.

Hydra
08-09-2006, 11:15 PM
Correct me if I'm missing something, but what would be the point of going back there if you've already played those bosses before in the same game? Unless I don't know how this trick works, I've only read about it once on Gamefaqs.
Say you were at the part before fighting BFA.

Doing the trick RESETS the story all the way back to where Home is destroyed, by letting you re-enter it when it's blown up, using the trick. So you can repeatedly play the story over and over.

If you missed anything, or want to redo the story at your current level, it lets you. :D

Sagensyg
08-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Ok I get it. New Game+ is always good. No matter how you do it!
*Cough*FF X-2, Chrono Cross/Trigger*Cough*

Phoenix Flame
08-10-2006, 06:10 AM
Where's the fun??? -------- although I can't say that I haven't used it :D

Hydra
08-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Ok I get it. New Game+ is always good. No matter how you do it!
*Cough*FF X-2, Chrono Cross/Trigger*Cough*
LOL.

It's only fun to beat up bosses. For me anyway. It's so fun just beating anyone, rather than your first time, they beat you. =D

Phoenix Flame
08-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Anyone ever played through w/o a game over? I thought I was going to do it this time, then I ran into some trouble when I first started out in the Omega ruins...Spirits suck!