PDA

View Full Version : ff tips/tricks and secrets

Gumdrop
12-18-2004, 08:09 PM
If you know any good ff tips/tricks and secrets that you feel not many people sem to know or just want to share your discoveries post them in this thread ^_^

heres one for ffvii: did you know you can morph the master tonberrys that live down the Northen Creater into Ribbons??
I find this a very useful secret that not to many people know of! use Yuffie to morph because she tends to be the best :)

Shaggy
12-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Huh?? Robbins...what good comes out of them morphing into robbins?

Gumdrop
12-18-2004, 08:24 PM
Ribbion accessory protects you against all bad stats, this is great news to me because I hate bad stats >.<

ShadowHeart
01-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Heh, I always Morph Master Tonberries into Ribbons so I have one for each character. Quite useful sometimes :)

Gumdrop
01-10-2005, 07:31 PM
yay i was starting to think no one would post in this thread,lol

yeah its one of my favorite ffvii tricks :D

Shaggy
01-10-2005, 09:16 PM
OK...how do you use Yuffie to morph the tonberries?

FFnut
01-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Morph materia gives you the "morph" command - you do low damage with this command, but if a monster is killed by it then they become in item (in this case, a ribbon). The special damage formula for Yuffie's Conformer (her ultimate weapon - and I don't know the formula off the top of my head) allows you to deal high damage, even with Morph.

ShadowHeart
01-11-2005, 07:39 AM
I'm surprised he doesn't know about it.. considering you use Morph to turn a Ghost Ship into an item called Guide book (can't remember for sure).. the Guide book can be traded in Kalm for an Underwater materia which is very very useful in the fight with Emerald Weapon.. so either he never fought Emerald, or he always did so without the Underwater materia :)

Zatsugaku
01-23-2005, 07:30 PM
thats a great strategy, i spent hours running around the whole world map morphing every monster to see what i got, the tonberry thing was a welcome surprise. also in ff7, if you morph the fiends in the submarine a good bit into the game, they become all sorts of sources...which are nice

ShadowHeart
01-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Yeah I know about that.. but I find the enemies in there annoying so I can never be bothered gathering sources there :)

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Morphing is the only way to get your Stats. to 255. I'm very wise in it. :D
Equip Yuffie with Conformer(her Ultimate Weapon). Then put Morph parred up with Mega All in 2 materia slots. Now you can go up to a bunch of enemys that morph into sources and do 9999 damage/Morph them all in one single attack. Do this on the gray areas of the world map near Mideel and you can easly get 2 or 3 Derexity Sources per battle. You only fight Spirals there and they morph into D Sources.

In the town that was blown up by a reactor you can only fight a tank thing that morphs into Power Sources. In an hour of morphing to can get like 200 D. Sources and like 50 P. Sources. :D :D :D ;). Very Nice way to get stronger.

I think Tetra-Elements are better than Ribbons.

jessek705
02-05-2006, 08:46 PM
FFVII: cactuars = tetra-elementals :D

Tiny Bronco
02-05-2006, 11:40 PM
What do you all think the best accsesory is. Bar the ones that raise your Stats. because I just got into Disc. 3 and they're all 255.

jessek705
02-06-2006, 01:08 AM
In terms of stat increments these are the only accessories:
Tough ring: +50 vitality and spirit
Circlet: +30 magic and spirt
Champions belt: +10 strength and power
Amulet: +10 luck
Choco Feather: +10 dexterity
Earring: +10 magic
Talisman: +10 spirit

:cool:

Squall Lionheart
02-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Did anyone manage to get GF Cloud after Mugging his Buster sword....

Tiny Bronco
02-06-2006, 07:01 PM
No clue what you mean Squall. Another accesory that's for stats. Power Wrist.
Also You can get the Quadra Magic Materia by landing half of the Cliff.

Squall Lionheart
02-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I heard about Power wrist too...... but it concerns GF abilities as far as I know........

Tiny Bronco
02-13-2006, 05:55 PM
In FF7 it raises your power by 10. A nice secret for Chocobo raising is that it is easier to catch a Wonderful Chocobo if the Chocobo Sage has already remembered where to find them. Make sure you get to the point where he says< "I think that's all I'm gonna remember." This makes it a lot easier to catch the right chocobos.

Zeromus_X
02-13-2006, 09:06 PM
actually, it depends on what monsters you encounter to what rating of chocobo you catch.

click here (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197341.html) and go to the chocobo raising guide by "ninja". (it says PC version, but i dont really think it matters.)

that guide helped me tremendously :P

Squall Leonhart
02-13-2006, 09:12 PM
Haha! they didn't metion how to get a wierd chocobo! very hard 1 in 10,000 chance you'll get it :D

Tiny Bronco
02-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Of course! The wierd Chocobo! Zero, I know what monsters = what ratings. What I ment was that its more likily to fight a chocobo with those monsters if the Choco Sage has talked about them.

baralai
03-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Go to i place there you fight bad monsters ike mi hige higroad in FFX and fight only whit Tidus and have Victory on him and wen you win do it 3 times and use hims overdrive and after a time u learn... ... ... .... ... tadadad... ... ... ... blitz ........... ace!

Tiny Bronco
04-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Just cause I found this out and wanted to share...
In FF7 when you are fighting that GI Ghost in Cosmo Canyon, if you throw an X-Potion at him he automatically dies. This happens because he's undead.Kinda cheap, but really fun! :D :rolleyes:

Zeromus
actually, it depends on what monsters you encounter to what rating of chocobo you catch.

click here and go to the chocobo raising guide by "ninja". (it says PC version, but i dont really think it matters.)

I know that, but what I ment was you encounter the right monster/chocobo pairs more easily.

ShadowHeart
04-20-2006, 01:03 PM
That works with Phoenix Down as well, and the Life spell. And Cure spells damage him too I think.

Zeromus_X
04-20-2006, 09:53 PM
I never remember to do that with the Gi Spirit, but I always remember on Phantom Train and Evrae Altina. Meh. :p

Lucavi86
04-21-2006, 01:21 AM
A trick for FFT. If you want to get really nice equipment early on in the game you can actually steal it from random battle human characters. They start showing up just before the Fort Zeakaden battle. You can either use a mediator to invite them or just steal their gear. Eithe way you'll get Rune Blades, Black Costumes, Thief's Hats, and all of the Crystal set. Its all stuff you can buy, but not till the end of Chapter Four. :p And its all handy to have before Chapter Two lol.

dappa
09-28-2006, 07:35 AM
On final fantasy 9 in kujas palace every monster there can be defeated with lv5 death so make sure quina is in your party when you visit kujas palace.