PDA

View Full Version : Counter - Mime Limits

Wezzy
08-13-2006, 05:53 PM
I was just playing Final Fantasy 7 (as usual :p ) and i was also on Google videos. I saw some guy on there defeating Emerald Weapon in two minutes using a Counter Attack - Mime Omnislash method, i was curious to know which way round they go in the joint slots?

Zeromus_X
08-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Counter linked with Mime. That's all it is, unless you meant something else.

Here you go:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FHI-acnoCTk

Edit: Wezzy!!! :)

Wezzy
08-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Awww that's a shame I only speak English...Oh well. I just tried it with Tifa in the Battle Square, but after she got attacked she only did a normal attack as a counter yet it is deifnately linked with Mime...Any clues please? Thanks for helping by the way :)

Zeromus_X
08-13-2006, 06:35 PM
There's a difference between 'Counter-Attack' and just 'Counter' Materia. Alot of people get the two confused.

ciw, but I believe that the Counter Materia can be found in the Northern Crater and won by Chocobo Racing. Go to the Magic Pot area (the second one, with the long strip of land) in the Northern Crater. An exit is in the upper-right corner of this chamber. Go through it to reach a crater-like room with a shimmering light in the center. Check around, and you should find a Counter Materia. This Materia makes the character do a counter-attack with the paired Materia it's linked to.

A drop-down to the 'point of no return' is to the left of this room I'm talking about, so you'll know you're in the right place by checking.

Hope that helps. :)

Edit: You don't need to know Japanese, he just has eight Counters and Mimes linked together. Two Hero Drinks, and the rest is as you see.

Slider
08-13-2006, 09:09 PM
How about this?
it's not very clear but it's a great display of the diffrent character limit breaks.
Along with a small glimpse of how Strong Omega Weapon is I can't believe he did ONLY ONE physical attack during the whole fight (He probably was shoked from all the limit breaks)
But MY GOD What a fight!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0cGTtHbWwoM

[EDIT] OOPPS,, sorry I thought this was in General discussions (Feel free to delete it or leave it as a small demonstration of ff8)

Zeromus_X
08-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I remember that video. Yeah, Omega is pretty easy. :)

Slider
08-13-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't believe he didn't attack!He could've annhilated them with many attacks in just one strike!

Wezzy
08-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Oh thanks for telling me about Counter Attack and Counter, I had completely forgotten about the normal Counter materia...thanks very much :) and that Omega Weapon video was cool, I couldn't defeat him on my old file, though i did only try 3 times :)

dappa
07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't believe he didn't attack!He could've annhilated them with many attacks in just one strike!

A little of topic....

But when I fought omega weapon I had all the highest stats for everything and he still got quite a few attacks in before being destroyed by me. Makes me wonder if that video is suss.

Zeromus_X
07-05-2007, 09:27 PM
You'll notice that he'll always have at least one other person with a turn in reserve. This is what prevents Omega Weapon from acting (there might be something else to it, but that's the main thing that I remember.