PDA

View Full Version : Stat Maxing!!!

Phoenix Flame
08-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Well, for those of you who are not wrapped-up in the new Spamtastic wrestling thread and are still playing or have info/pics of your sphere grid, (US version preferrably) I was wondering what individual's grids looked like and how your characters measure up.

I'm just beginning the stat maxing process and it would be great to get some screenshots of some of your sphere grids to contribute to my imagination. Thanks all! :rolleyes:

Phoenix Flame
08-17-2006, 03:46 AM
Well, no replies so I guess I'll share my progress...

I'm about 86 hrs in, have most of the +1 nodes cleared off and have got about 160 Strength and about the same in defense so far. Man, getting agility spheres is going to be rough. That wolf (I think his name is Fenrir) is tough to hit. I'm going to have to get a lot more accuracy spheres first. Urgh, I didn't know this was going to take so long....

Oh! And Ironclad is a pain! A TON of HP for that metal-bound SOB! It'll be like 15 hours fighting him alone to get all the HP+ 300 spheres that I need. Oh well. Back to work.

Hydra
08-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Lol, so you know, you don't need to use MP Spheres. A run across the whole grid should net you 999 MP, and you don't really need 9,999 with One MP Cost ability. Oh, and Overdrives do hit Fenrir. The easy way, if you have Entrust+Attack Reels, repeatedly do that. =D Or, teach Wakka Quick Hit, Hastega, and Quick Hit like crazy. Point is to attack it as much as you can before it gets it's first turn.

Phoenix Flame
08-21-2006, 04:25 PM
K...thanks. 8D I'm not interested in getting 999 MP either. Actually, I'm clearing a LOT of the Mp + 20 and just leaving a select few + 40's instead. Only looking at getting about 400MP or so for everyone. Next, I'm working on my other stats. Wait till I get 255 of a Stat, (take agility for example) and then start to delete the < +4 stats and replace them. So far my str is 255, my agility is ~180, and other stats are nearing 255. Magic is taking a while, and Fighting the Iron Giant is going to take forever since he takes like 20 whackapoos and keeps on ticking - and you have to fight him 100 + times for enought HP + spheres.

I'm already at 102 hrs gametime though. So I'm not doing too bad. Luck is going to take a LONG time as well though. (Even though I only want like a 100 stat on luck.

Hydra
08-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Did you complete the Nirvana? It's a shame if you did, because Belegmine(?) is a sphere (insert the bad B word). You can crop SO many spheres of many kinds from her and her weak aeons. But, yeah, the Arena may be harder, but you get more of them. Max is twelve in defeating The Magus Sisters in Remiem Temple. But yeah, if you haven't yet, that's a very easy way. :D You don't NEED to max Luck..unless you favor Rikku (<3) and easier critical hits.

Phoenix Flame
08-22-2006, 09:31 PM
I got another 10 hp spheres last night and added 3k to my hp. Didn't work on any other stats. Tonight I'm going to unlock Nemesis <grin> FINALLY!!!

Hopefully that will net me some Break HP limit auto-armors. Don't want a full 7 character ensemble, just 3 or so.

After Nemesis, Time to focus on HP again! Iron clad is a sissy though. My evasion is so high (and agility too) that he never even gets a lick in! He's done in about 25 quick hits or so.

Zeromus_X
08-22-2006, 10:05 PM
This video helps alot. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=clqg5fRYF_Q)

So does this one. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=TWNG773uIjM)

And possibly this one as well. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=UsGM4LyyDeg)

darkshadow2247
08-23-2006, 07:48 PM
I got another 10 hp spheres last night and added 3k to my hp. Didn't work on any other stats. Tonight I'm going to unlock Nemesis <grin> FINALLY!!!

Hopefully that will net me some Break HP limit auto-armors. Don't want a full 7 character ensemble, just 3 or so.

After Nemesis, Time to focus on HP again! Iron clad is a sissy though. My evasion is so high (and agility too) that he never even gets a lick in! He's done in about 25 quick hits or so.
Is there really a reason to focus on HP? After you max out your defense and have protect casted, you are pretty much unstoppable. You are barely affected by physical attacks and then with protect, only half of that will hit you. Of course, you have your attacks like karma, and the needles (1,000, 10,000, 99,999) that will do the same regardless of defense and will kill you in 1 hit.

Zeromus_X
08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Yes, you only need 9,999 HP and Auto-Potion (X-Potions). :)

Phoenix Flame
08-24-2006, 06:40 AM
Thanks for your concern gents...but I just HAVE to see 99,999 HP! Not to mention I want to max out my Aeons...going to be a long game.

Right now, I'm @ 34K HP. I'm waiting till I get 99k to max out my other stats how I see fit. but everything but agility and luck are at 200+.

Making progress...

Phoenix Flame
08-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Rounded 60K hp last night. Maxed-out Str, Def, Mag, and Mag def. also. Still making progress...although its getting pretty boring. :D

darkshadow2247
08-28-2006, 11:47 PM
although its getting pretty boring. :D
Which is why Zeromous and I said it's pretty much pointless in maxing out HP :p

Phoenix Flame
08-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Yeah...well I'm getting pretty sick of doing 21 quick hits for 600 hp or sometimes dark matters. LONG process - but I'll only do it this one time, so - whatever. :p

dappa
11-22-2006, 05:11 PM
I would love to see really high hp like you have but dont have the time and patience i'm afraid. Another reason is that healing items are capped at a maximum of 9999hp recovery.

Phoenix Flame
11-23-2006, 03:06 AM
I would love to see really high hp like you have but dont have the time and patience i'm afraid. Another reason is that healing items are capped at a maximum of 9999hp recovery.

Items, yes. However, Rikku's overdrives completely replenish spent HP. So you just get an Ultra potion and replenish everyone's HP in one shot! This works great against Greater Sphere.

dappa
11-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Items, yes. However, Rikku's overdrives completely replenish spent HP. So you just get an Ultra potion and replenish everyone's HP in one shot! This works great against Greater Sphere.

Oh yeah forgot about those ultra potions. I just use animas overdrive to smack greater sphere into smithereens.

Phoenix Flame
11-23-2006, 09:59 AM
You have the International version, correct? Doesn't Anima's OD do more damage than any other attack in the game???

dappa
11-23-2006, 02:39 PM
You have the International version, correct? Doesn't Anima's OD do more damage than any other attack in the game???

Yeah my anima has 255 for strength and its overdrive is hitting an enemy for 20 times. Each hit can do up to 99999 damage for most enemies.

But for greater sphere each hit tends to do about 50000 hp damage. So two of those is more than enough to finish greater sphere off.

Phoenix Flame
11-24-2006, 03:03 AM
Yuck! That is just sick!

Phoenix Flame
07-01-2007, 09:48 AM
= D Yea! I just bought the International version!!! Now I get to see all the differences (Including Anima's uber-sick OD) ^__^

dappa
07-01-2007, 12:42 PM
Oblivion

That is one of the best overdrives I've ever seen in the game. Armour break your enemy first then let em have it.

Phoenix Flame
07-12-2007, 08:39 AM
*drools*

I can't wait to get it! *jumps up and down*

I'll prolly play it all day for three days straight. I want to start up a NSG challenge - but I might wait until I upgrade my laptop and get a video capture device so I can make vids of it on youtube. I also want to try the expert sphere grid out. Fight the Dark Aeons...man - tingles of excitement. :p

Zeromus_X
07-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Haha, awesome job. Isn't importing nice? :p

I've always envied Anima's enhanced Overdrive and the Ribbon ability.

dappa
07-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Combine a NSG challenge and them Dark Aeons, impossible I reckon.

I find it funny that most of the Dark Aeons have an evasion stat of zero but myself having maximum stats for all characters and still missing them the odd hit or two.

Phoenix Flame
07-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Haha, awesome job. Isn't importing nice? :p

I've always envied Anima's enhanced Overdrive and the Ribbon ability.

Combine a NSG challenge and them Dark Aeons, impossible I reckon.

I find it funny that most of the Dark Aeons have an evasion stat of zero but myself having maximum stats for all characters and still missing them the odd hit or two.

Yes, Zero - I wanted that Ribbon ability also...and I shall have it Fweehehehehe = 3

...and dappa - not impossible methinks. This vid shows all 5 battles of Dark Yojimbo done on NSG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mdsiF1aArU

dappa
07-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah thats one way of doing it, that video shows anima fighting dark yojimbo 5 times.

But I noticed that animas overdrive wasn't hitting multiple times in that video, is that because the animation was set to short methinks?

On NSG, I bet the person who filmed that video would of had to fight a lot of battles to get anima to that strength level, I'm guessing by the damage that dark yojimbo was doing with his regular attacks that animas defence was around 255.

Phoenix Flame
07-20-2007, 05:25 AM
...people are insane. Then again - who's to say they didn't cheat :rolleyes:

Still waiting for my SwapMagic3 disc to come in the mail - I RLY hope that it works for X: International. I don't want to have to import/mod a PS2 to be able to play it. :o

dappa
07-30-2007, 05:04 PM
An imported ps2 from england is quite cheap.

As for those videos of anima I suppose they could be cheating cause if my memory serves me correctly an aeons stats go up randomly by one every 30 battles

Phoenix Flame
08-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I think I read that same thing the other day. 30 should be accurate.

...gotta run for now. Chat at you all later.

Quizastotl
08-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Can someone post me a link to a max out your stats FAQ? I can't find any on google.

dappa
08-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I dont know either but I will mention the key to maxing your stats is through the monster arena. If you want any more info myself or others will be happy to help

Phoenix Flame
08-07-2007, 11:00 PM
www.gamefaqs.com has everything you need for you Stat-maxing dreams to be fulfilled.

Q: Are you using the Standard/original sphere grid or the Expert/International one? This makes a difference because the Expert grid has 45 less nodes on it and makes it more difficult to defeat the Dark Aeons.

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 04:56 AM
My Sphere Grid is almost complete with three characters, I'm working on the others slowly, if I could figure out how to get screenshots without paying a crap load of money, I'll update.

Long story short, I can demolish all the Arena fiends with no problem, aside from Shinryu cause my Wakka sucks.