PDA

View Full Version : Story of Vincent Valentine

Luis
08-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi guys! How are you doing?? :D :D

Well, I came to ask to my beloved forum partners some help. I'm re-writing(or editing xD) the story of Vincent Valentine in the Spanish version of Wikipedia, since it's not only very bad written (grammar mistakes and some latin people tend to write the same way they speak, thus they do style mistakes too, as in this particular case) but also does not describe faithfully his story.

The thing is I can't remember exactly the whole story of Vincent, and I have not played Dirge of Cerberus yet(I've read that there're many aspects of his past revealed in this game).
So...all I know about Vincent story is basically that:
1. He was a Turk assigned to assist the Jenova Project in Nibelheim.
2. He was in love with Lucrecia, despite she was not in love with him.
And some other things I can't remember quite clear.

The doubts:
1. Did Lucrecia become pregnant for researching purposes?
2. Did Profesor Gast leave the project or what happened exactly? Why?
3. I do remember of a screenshot(in my mind xD) of Lucrecia leaving the Library in the Shinra mansion(or the lab, whatever it was xD) and she did it crying...am I right? So... maybe she didn't want to have the child?? (I can't remember!!! xD )

Then I read more things (revealed in DoC, as it seems) such as that Lucrecia infected Vincent's body with G substance:
Lucrecia became pregnant afterwards, supplying a test subject for the Jenova Project's intentions to investigate the effect of Jenova cells on an unborn child.

Vincent objected to the use of humans—especially Lucrecia and her unborn child, whose parentage he was uncertain of—as live test subjects. Even so, in the interest of science, Lucrecia proceeded with the treatment and suffered various ill effects as a result. Outraged, Vincent confronted Hojo in the Shinra Mansion's underground laboratory and a heated argument ensued. Hojo ended this confrontation by pulling a gun from his lab coat and shooting Vincent down in cold blood. Vincent's body was placed in a large experimental capsule for use in Hojo's experiments based on Lucrecia's research of the Lifestream, originating from the time of her assistance to Grimoire. While Hojo's experimentation resulted in Vincent's anatomy being altered to where he could temporarily change his physical form into monsterous enities (Galian Beast, Hellmasker, and Death Gigas), Lucrecia exposed Vincent's body to G Substance, a contaminated form of mako, and he became Chaos, an entity intended to pave the way for Omega WEAPON by killing all living things.

Under the influence of Chaos, Vincent became consumed in feral rage and broke out of his confinement. Lucrecia then used a materia that could control Chaos' power to calm Vincent and place him in a deep slumber.

I don't know whether all this is right(well, I know some things ARE, but there're so much details in here that I can't remember...) So, I'll probably trust some of you more than the Wikipedia post. :p

I'll thank any info you send me or answer me. I must let the Spanish comunity read a faithful description of Vincent's story. ;)

Zeromus_X
08-15-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't believe Hojo and Lucrecia had the baby specifically for that reason, but Hojo did use them both as experiments later on.

Gast left as he didn't want to be involved any more, if I remember correctly. He moved to the Icicle Lodge with Ilfana and had Aerith, and researched further on Jenova and the fate of the Cetra with Ilfana. Eventually Hojo found them and killed Gast. Ilfana escaped and went to Midgar, and left the baby Aerith in Elmyra Gainsburough's care (from what I recall).

I don't know about that. (I don't remember that, anyway). I know she told Vincent that they couldn't be together, but I'm not sure if she was crying (though with someone like Hojo of all people, I think I'd be at least a little afraid).

I don't know about DoC, I'm still waiting for a stateside release (I'm not an importer). I hear the US version will have gameplay tweaks for the better, and the game has Kitten Sith! It also goes deeper into everyone's favorite mystery man, so I'm anticipating it. (Not to mention all the 'color' people. :P)

dirge_of_sephiroth
08-15-2006, 10:56 PM
I can't add more, that all seems right. But boy, do I need to get a Ps2 now more than ever. Vince rocks.

Luis
08-15-2006, 10:57 PM
xD Yeah! Kitten Sith is in it!! :p

I didn't remember the part of Profesor Gast at all, but all the rest you said is almost as I though it was.

Thanks Kitty Zeromus :D

FFNet partners, go on, tell me more! :p

But boy, do I need to get a Ps2 now more than ever. Vince rocks.

So do I. Though sometimes I think of starting to save for the PS3. And sure Vincent rocks!! xD

Freya Crescent
08-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Kitten Sith? DOC is short for Dierge of Cerebus, correct? I'm not sure if i'm up for it. I'm a hardcore RPGer and not a shoot 'em up games.

Avathar
08-16-2006, 04:49 PM
The doubts:
1. Did Lucrecia become pregnant for researching purposes?
2. Did Profesor Gast leave the project or what happened exactly? Why?
3. I do remember of a screenshot(in my mind xD) of Lucrecia leaving the Library in the Shinra mansion(or the lab, whatever it was xD) and she did it crying...am I right? So... maybe she didn't want to have the child?? (I can't remember!!! xD )

1. It's not 100 % sure if Lucrecia is carrying Vincent's or Hojo's child.

When he was assigned to supervise a project spear-headed by his father, he fell in love with a scientist named "Lucrecia Crescent," an assistant to her father. However, despite his feelings for her, they parted ways when Grimoire died saving Lucrecia's life. Vincent would later meet her for a second time while assigned to supervise the Jenova Project in Nibelheim, where she was serving as an assistant to Professor Gast (later revealed during the game as Aeris's father). There, Vincent tried expressing his feelings to her, but she rejected him out of guilt over Grimoire's death, ultimately entering a relationship with her associate Hojo instead. Lucrecia became pregnant afterwards, supplying a test subject for the Jenova Project's intentions to investigate the effect of Jenova cells on an unborn child.
Vincent objected to the use of humans—especially Lucrecia and her unborn child, whose parentage he was uncertain of—as live test subjects.

But it's most likely that Hojo is Sephiroth's father.

Let's say in the case that it's Vincent's child, then she didn't get pregnant for researching purposes.

But if it's Hojo's child: Lucrecia and Hojo did get into a love relationship. And knowing Hojo, he would've only have Lucrecia pregnant for the purpose of the project. Lucrecia was in love with Hojo, so maybe she turned pregnant, but from her point of view not for the scientific goal.
I'm not sure if you can get the sure answer to this in Final Fantasy VII, or more likely in Dirge of Cerberus :/

I don't believe Hojo and Lucrecia had the baby specifically for that reason, but Hojo did use them both as experiments later on.

Yes, after Lucrecia found out she was pregnant, than she concurred with Hojo's purpose of scientific experimenting.

2. Did Professor Gast leave the project or what happened exactly? Why?

After Jenova is transported to Nibelheim for further study of her origin and nature, Gast comes to the incorrect conclusion that the creature is a Cetra, and Shin-Ra sends Hojo and Lucrecia to assist him. Believing that they may be able to produce a modern-day Cetra, the scientists inject Jenova cells into the womb of the pregnant Lucrecia. At some undisclosed point in time, Gast leaves the project with a guilty conscience, although he doesn't officially leave Shin-Ra. Gast continues his research on the Ancients alone and meets Ifalna (one of the last surviving members of the Ancients' race) at Icicle Lodge. There, Gast carries out a series of interviews with Ifalna, and in time, they fall in love and have a child together: Aerith. However, shortly after Aerith's birth, Hojo killed Gast during the attempt to capture both Ifalna and Aerith for further study.

(I can't remember!!! xD )

Luis
08-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Thanks a lot :)
I think I'm gonna edit the spanish page for Vincent now (well, perhaps tomorrow xD )

Zeromus_X
08-16-2006, 09:52 PM
It is most certainly Hojo's child. :)

Anyway, DoC is out (in the US, my friend is playing it as we speak) so hopefully more information on Vincent will be revealed! :)

Luis
08-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Ok, I already edited it :D Thank you all who have helped me with my doubts xD
So, if you wanna watch it, check this link:Vincent Valentine (http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Valentine)
I'll upload some pics later on.

WARNING: It's in Spanish, obviously xD

Staircase
08-30-2006, 03:13 PM
From the looks of it its perfect (I cheated and used a translator cause my spanish isnt so great). Looks great.

Luis
08-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Thank you Staricase! :) :)

However, it seems I won't be able to upload any pic due to the copyright (I've found out today that it's allowed in the English version of Wikipedia because of a thing called 'fair use' used in the USA ). But it's not applied here... so, no pic I guess :S

Avathar
09-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Hm... I'm a noob when it comes to creating pages at Wikipedia, but, couldn't you use a Photobucket account so that there wouldn't be a problem with copyright of pictures? (Since you'll have your own image urls, then :O

Luis
09-02-2006, 04:46 PM
I don't think so... however, I'll ask about it! :p:)
(I'm a noob too xD but someone had to change that horribly bad written story of Vincent xD )

Tawsie
09-02-2006, 05:26 PM
looks good!:D

Zeromus_X
09-02-2006, 10:58 PM
Oh, is that so? That's too bad, then. Although, I know that unmarked pictures are scanned regularly, so any pictures without the 'Free Use' tag are usually deleted (or are warned to be deleted, or something).

Of course, if there is no 'Free Use', then there's nothing that can be done. I'm a novice at Wikipedia myself (I know how to put links and put things in italics, whoo-hoo), so I'm sorry I can't help edit the article.

Luis
09-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Oh, is that so? That's too bad, then. Although, I know that unmarked pictures are scanned regularly, so any pictures without the 'Free Use' tag are usually deleted (or are warned to be deleted, or something).

Do you mean the article is bad? Or the thing about the pics?

Zeromus_X
09-03-2006, 03:31 PM
I meant it's too bad that you can't use any pics. :p

Hydra
09-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Not the G substance.

Sephiroth and "G" used that. G is also a prototype of Sephiroth. I think. XD It's said Lucrecia had twins by Hojo. Hojo just wanted to use them as another way out of a failed experiment(Vincent). When he found out about the Chaos gene in Vincent, and Lucrecias work actually worked, he researched about Omega. And that's where the FFVII Dirge of Cerberus plot takes place. Deepground trying to use Weiss(Hojo's mind) to control Omega. The FFVII plotline(Vincent) was a few years after Vincent was experimented on, and had the Chaos gene put into him. When you killed Hojo over that computer, that's the first scene in FFVII Dirge of Cerberus also. It ties in. I think. XD

I tried to make it so no spoilers besides the Weiss/Hojo thing spoiled FFVII DOC for anyone. o_0

Luis
09-03-2006, 04:37 PM
I meant it's too bad that you can't use any pics. :p

xD

Not the G substance.

So..G is not a substance, and Chaos was the result of Lucrecia's work , is it right?
Thus Lucrecia experimented on Vincent too...(why?? xD )

Ok, thanks for the info.:) It wasn't spoiled...I think xD

Hydra
09-04-2006, 02:39 AM
Right. It's not a substance. According to DoC, it's a name.

And the reason she experimented on him, from what I learned, she loved him. And he died.(I KNOW I'm wrong on this, it's a guess. XD) She wanted to revive him, and make a theory if she put some of the Chaos gene inside of him, he would live. Hojo didn't believe it would work, until he turned into Chaos. Along with her work, she found out about Omega, and how to revive it also. That's the plot of DoC. Deepground makes a pure materia lifestream to summons Omegas power into Weiss. As how Vincent, the opposite of Omega, a corrupted one, has the Chaos gene.

That's all just in a guess. XD

Luis
09-04-2006, 07:19 AM
Hmmm... Very interesting... And though it's a guess, it somehow ties...
Though I can't add it to Wikipedia if the story still has some points tu unveal...
And I don't want'em to be unvealed, until I play it xD xD
Thanks Hydra :)
PS: I'd love to play DoC xD xD

Hydra
09-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah, everything I typed and more would've made a LOT of sense. XD

It's not a bad game at all. It's actually very good. But, it may get a little boring towards the END of it, and it has medium replay value.

Luis
09-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Have you completed it already?? When did you get it?

Hydra
09-04-2006, 12:01 PM
With the regular ending and the "G" ending. ^__^

A month or two ago. I know that I leveled up Ultima Weapon by the time I got Neo Azul. I started at Rosso The Crimson. And it took a hell of a lot of Gil.

Weiss's brother(controls darkness) wants Weiss to be revived. Weiss is dead. :O And as the Chaos Gene revived Vincent, he thinks the Omega gene may revive Weiss. And it does, only to find that Weiss kills his brother. And it's actually Hojos mind inside of Weiss. :O And since he has Omega inside of him, he summons the 1337 Omega, and you fight several boss battles at the end of the game.

Luis
09-05-2006, 12:12 PM
I see... Nice story...
As I said... I've gotta get it! xD

Hydra
09-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah!

It's a great game, though it may lose it's fun factor after the first or second playthrough.