PDA

View Full Version : More FF movies and sequels...

Garnet_Dagger
08-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Final Fantasy VII is a great game. So great that its getting Spin-off titles and has even gotten a mobie sequel. Final Fantasy X was great and got a sequel. But what other Final Fantasy games would you like to see get a movie, sequel or both?

Of course I would love to see my Final Fantasy IX get a movie and or sequel. I loved the Characters and I would love to see more of them....even Quina -_-'...
:D

Avathar
08-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Hm.. let's see.. I can make the whole list, starting from FFVI:

FFVI

Prequel: The Magi War sounds really interesting enough. 1. As a movie 2. As a game

FFVI: Since I'm a pretty big fan, I would like to see a movie version of it, since there's nothing wrong with its storyline.

Sequel: There's not really something that comes to mind that would be good as a movie or a game.

FFVII

There's already enough. I'm glad that the FFVII Compilation is over. Let the bigger fans dream on on the remake.

FFVIII

Prequel: 1. As a movie (there's enough material, even though as good as all matters have been explained in the actual game, to make a decent movie, like the Sorceress War/Adel situations) 2. As a game, perhaps, but much rather as a movie.

FFVIII: It's not one of my favourite Final Fantasies, but the storyline is decent enough to make an actual movie.

Sequel: Same as with FFVI. ^

FFIX

I would love to see all posibilities for this game. ^_________^

FFX

Prequel: 1. As a movie, why not =) 2. Again, I'd rather see it as a movie.

FFX: Wouldn't really be in need a movie version, since FFX's graphics makes the whole of the game already as a FF movie.

Sequel. No. :p

Zeromus_X
08-22-2006, 04:24 PM
I'd like to see some sort of animated series for the games (with AC CG graphics...*drools*), but they wouldn't fit well into a movie. You can't cram 30+ hours of a game into a three hour movie.

Luis
08-22-2006, 04:56 PM
I've played (and completed) only FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX. By one side, I'm sooo happy 'cause of the FFVII Compilation that it makes it worthy to wait for spin-offs of great games.
By another, I've not seen/used any product of the FFVII Compilation which makes me really sad... I mean, if they do the spin offs only for mobiles phones in Japan or bring some titles to the newest platforms(such as PSP) it might be...frustrating? I don't think that's the word. Let's say, it wouldn't be good :p

PS: Yes, I'm still waiting for the Spanish release of AC, what's wrong? xD I've already seen the cover of the special edition in Spanish, so official date: it's coming in November.

CONCLUSION: Spin-off for some games could be good! :) For FFVIII for example, the Sorceress War and so on. For FFIX... I guess a new enemy/adventure should be created. (Am I the only one who found Quina funny?? xD lol )

Spec Highwind
08-22-2006, 05:26 PM
I'd like to see some sort of animated series for the games (with AC CG graphics...*drools*), but they wouldn't fit well into a movie. You can't cram 30+ hours of a game into a three hour movie.

I also think that way, when someone talks of turning a game into a movie...

Avathar
08-22-2006, 05:37 PM
For FFIX... I guess a new enemy/adventure should be created. (Am I the only one who found Quina funny?? xD lol )

xD

Well, I've thought about a game sequel to Final Fantasy IX before, but unfortunately, it's not gonna be about Quina. :D Soz.
Nah, something more about Terra. That's about the coolest aesthetic aspect of the whole game, I would definetly like to see more of that, like, I don't know, Terra remnants in outer space, like, space pirates, invading Gaia. xD Oh yes!

Spec Highwind
08-22-2006, 06:40 PM
I don't like pirates! Ninjas are way cooler!

Luis
08-22-2006, 07:02 PM
xD
Nah, something more about Terra. That's about the coolest aesthetic aspect of the whole game, I would definetly like to see more of that, like, I don't know, Terra remnants in outer space, like, space pirates, invading Gaia. xD Oh yes!

Mmm..sounds good xD... where do you get those ideas from?? I want some! xD

Avathar
08-22-2006, 07:13 PM
I think I've posted a more full idea of FFIX-2 somewhere else here in a thread.. hm..

*searches* :p If I don't find it back, I'll just re-type it here.

Edit: well, here (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=673&page=2&pp=15) it was, but, it needs to be worked on some more. :P

Hydra
08-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Final Fantasy Legend 1-3! o_0

It's based off SaGa, and that has a great short story, perfect for a movie.

But besides that, I'd like to see a FFVIII movie.

Spec Highwind
08-23-2006, 12:02 PM
hum... FFVII is getting really overrated... but I would like to play a PS3 remake

Zeromus_X
08-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Hydra, 'Final Fantasy Legends' I-III are the first three SaGa games. :)

Slider
08-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Final Fantasy Legend 1-3! o_0

It's based off SaGa, and that has a great short story, perfect for a movie.

But besides that, I'd like to see a FFVIII movie.

I CAN"T believe they didn't try harder to make a movie, it upsets & angers me evrey single day I think about it,and now I'm reminded of it again