PDA

View Full Version : fmv skip

Zeon
08-24-2006, 08:06 PM
yer i was wondering a while ago coz my FMV's on disc 2 wernt working and they always freezed up.......how the hell am i spose to get further now??? well i opened and closed the disc tray and WALA skipped the fmv...........useful. does anyone know why it does this maybe or do u think its justb a glitch?

Avathar
08-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I have the exact same problem with the third disc. And it's probably due to, ehm, neglecting the discs themselve ;_;

Zeon
08-25-2006, 02:50 PM
i guess tht has something to do with it...........but i got a new set tht was mint and un-opened from the packaging and yet still the disc 2 FMV's refused to work. i mean wtf???

Avathar
08-25-2006, 02:55 PM
i guess tht has something to do with it...........but i got a new set tht was mint and un-opened from the packaging and yet still the disc 2 FMV's refused to work. i mean wtf???

O_o

How long have you had your Playstation? It could be, just guessing, but it could be that the laser in the disc-reader has been overused, or damaged? Therefore, when it comes to fmv sequences, it runs really really slow.

Zeon
08-25-2006, 03:27 PM
mmmmm thts probly it........ive had it like 7 years or so now.........the only reason i use my ps1 over the ps2 is coz the ps2 doesnt even read ps1 games anymore which really sucks. i need to save up for new ones :(

Yggdrasill
08-25-2006, 08:05 PM
My disc 1 crashes on the final FMV.
A simple open-and-close of my PS2's disc cover skips the FMV though.
Btw, you still have a PS1. Wow. O_O

Avathar
08-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Btw, you still have a PS1. Wow. O_O

Why is that surprising you?

Zeon
08-25-2006, 08:17 PM
i didnt used to have one but when my ps2 stopped reading the discs the only option was a ps1 and besides it was one of the only consoles i didnt have at the time. i still dont have them all but im playing to flog of my old consoles for hgih prices :D and try to save to follow the FF's into there future releases onto ps3............although ive heard of a change to xbox 360.........probly bollox tho (excuse the language :s)

Yggdrasill
08-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Why is that surprising you?

Most PS1's are over 11 years old, since the original PS1 was made in 1995.
It's just kinda suprising that a PS1 would last this long, unless he has a PSone. My PS1 broke after 2 years of having it.

Zeon
08-25-2006, 08:20 PM
nope i have the real deal :D but coz of it no longer being of service im getting a PSone and maybe a PSX (new one) as ive got games tht i still like to play on tht thing. oh btw has anyone heard any info on the new release dates for FF12?

Avathar
08-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Well, I have an ordinary Playstation, an 'original' one. My bro has a PSX, though, haven't used that a lot.. hm.. :rolleyes: And the PS, yeah, it's old, but so what? I still got great games for it. :p Meh.

Yggdrasill
08-25-2006, 08:26 PM
oh btw has anyone heard any info on the new release dates for FF12?
FF12's release date is October for the US, I think it's the 31st but i'll double-check that. Europe still has no confirmed date though but knowing Square it'll be 2007. =/

Zeon
08-25-2006, 08:29 PM
oh man tht sucks............probly like feburary though which isnt to bad i guess.......