PDA

View Full Version : List of PS2 Games

Avathar
08-25-2006, 04:20 PM
I decided to make a top 20 of Playstation 2 games. :) Comments would be nice.

1. Suikoden III
2. Grandia II
3. Final Fantasy X
4. Silent Hill 3
5. We ? Katamari
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
8. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
9. Katamari Domacy
10. GTA: Vice City
11. Escape From Monkey Island
12. Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
13. GTA: Liberty City Stories
14. Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
15. Transformers
16. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliances
17. Legacy of Kain : Defiance
18. Eye Toy: Play
19. American McGee's Alice
20. The Bard's Tale

Staircase
08-25-2006, 05:03 PM
I can agree with most of that. Some of thoes games i havent played (Eye toy, tansformers, monkey island, mcgee's alice[never heard of that 1] and grandia 2) I didnt really like the katamaris so much. They got boring after an hour or two for me. And my current favorite game is WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2006. I dont care if your a wrestling fan or not, its a game you should all try. Amazing character customisation and great gameplay.

Avathar
08-25-2006, 05:46 PM
I can agree with most of that. Some of thoes games i havent played (Eye toy, tansformers, monkey island, mcgee's alice[never heard of that 1] and grandia 2) I didnt really like the katamaris so much. They got boring after an hour or two for me. And my current favorite game is WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2006. I dont care if your a wrestling fan or not, its a game you should all try. Amazing character customisation and great gameplay.

- McGee's Alice is like the horror-game version of the Alice In Wonderland story. =D And it's one of the better games in it's genre, imo.

- And somehow for me the Katamari games kept its exciting gameplay, so in a list like this, I just couldn't let it be forgotten. =)

- =O AND I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR WWE SMACKDOWN VS. RAW, BUT I STILL HAVEN'T FOUND IT IN THE LOCAL GAME SHOPS, AND DANG I'M NOT GONNA BUY IT ON E-BAY OR SOMETHING! ;D

- And I suggest Transformers. Amazing graphics, and, as far as I know, it's the best Transformer game whatsoever. ^^'

Zeon
08-25-2006, 07:00 PM
i too can safely say tht ur list is the same as id have it but the only thing is budokai tenkachi is too low in my opinion. should be at least 7th........i love the movement comparision to normal fighting games (although some camera angles are annoying all in all its an awesome game to play with mates)

Yggdrasill
08-25-2006, 08:23 PM
The only thing I'd alter on that list is i'd swap "Ratchet and Clank" and "MGS3" around.
That's really the only thing i'd change. Grandia II is where it should be. =P
I'd definitely have MGS2 on that list somewhere if it were mine though. :)

Avathar
08-25-2006, 08:33 PM
- Yeah, I was thinking of putting Mgs 2 in it as well, but it was just.. Mgs 3 I found just a hell of a lot better than its predecessor, and all these games; many different genres, so in the end, I couldn't be bothered by putting 2 games of the same series in the top. =/ Sounds odd, but, yeah..

- Mustn't forget Ratchet and Clank. ^^

- Grandia II and Suikoden III for the win. You might wanna consider them on the second and first place, but then as the whole series. Kinda like Mgs, I'd just want to put one title of a serie in the top. ;)

- ^ okay, now I'm contradicting myself with putting two GTA games. :p

Staircase
08-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Make it "Avathars top 100 ps2 games" then it wouldnt be a problem =P

Zeromus_X
08-25-2006, 09:42 PM
You left off Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and Grandia III, silly.

Anyway, Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria will be added onto that list when it comes out...and most likely Tales of Abyss.

Hydra
08-26-2006, 12:13 AM
I decided to make a top 20 of Playstation 2 games. :) Comments would be nice.

1. Suikoden III
2. Grandia II
3. Final Fantasy X
4. Silent Hill 3
5. We ? Katamari
6. Ratchet & Clank
7. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
8. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
9. Katamari Damacy
10. GTA: Vice City
11. Escape From Monkey Island
12. Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
13. GTA: Liberty City Stories
14. Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi
15. Transformers
16. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliances
17. Legacy of Kain : Defiance
18. Eye Toy: Play
19. American McGee's Alice
20. The Bard's Tale
Move that and The Bard's Tale up, and that is a good list. =D

Avathar
08-26-2006, 07:38 AM
You left off Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and Grandia III, silly.

T_T Haven't played those yet. :p

If you want to, you can make your own top 20 too! *nudge nudge* ;D

Zeon
08-26-2006, 07:49 AM
hehehehe star ocean owns. i still need to beat the game on harder difficultys which without a ps2 :( mine broken :( will be a real challege. but ill do it!!! i have friends!! (surprising i know lol) thye have ps2's i can use..........'sall gd :D

Tawsie
09-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Baldurs gate should be higher