PDA

View Full Version : The final Final Fantasy

Zeon
08-26-2006, 07:20 AM
i was thinking..........where is final fantasy gunna end? is it gunna continue forward into the future until we go to the shops buying FF54? or is it coming to a close soon...........? i hoped tht it would never end but sure enuf it will. when is uncertain why? hello FF54? i dont think so......... i mean say tht out loud. sound right to u?.........nope. so when do we think itll end ppl??? :eek:

Avathar
08-26-2006, 07:31 AM
I have a strong feeling that it won't end.

Final Fantasy has become multimedia history, as you see by the countless spin offs, sequels and prequels, and new games coming and coming. The thing is: it's very healthy for the game producers at Square-Enix to make the newest game in the series different than the predecessor. That way it'll keep its fresh excitement.

Although the changes might be disturbing for the trusthworthy 'old school' fanbase, but keep in mind that then again: there are always new generations of gamers out there, so looking at already existing fanbases, like the immense popularity among Final Fantasy VII and the FFVII compilation by now: The series will keep its success for a very long time, I'm pretty sure about it.

Zeon
08-26-2006, 07:44 AM
yer i guess thts true. but then again theres always the issue tht the next few releases may not go down well. i mean dirge of cerburus doesnt actually loook tht good. ive seen trailers the game looks a bit to complex to win. the controls loook to be difficult too. the idea of vincent beig the main character is cool but i dont think tht he shuld be the only one (if thts the case when its released if not i take tht back) but on the other hand 12 looks awesome so i spose tht it will compensate for D.o.C's losses. demand for twelve over D.o.C in japan was like for every 1 D.o.C sold 15 FF12's wer sold.

anyways i see ur point and i guess its a fair one but theres always the problem tht they run out of ideas or tht they deside to drop the older games and make a different series. which wouldnt be to bad so long as its similar but ya know....

Staircase
08-26-2006, 11:24 AM
Im basically resaying what Avathar said but...

Final fantasy will never end. Each game is a different story than the others. Making each one fresh and exciting. And By the sales in FF7 and FF10, they made spinoffs. The series will continue and it will change depending on the fans.

And ask Hydra about D.O.C. He said its a great game.

Yggdrasill
08-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Square have said their going to stop when it gets to FF17, then another company are going to take over. It won't be the same though, the stories will be a lot more linear and boring.
I'll try and find the Interview with them when they said their going to stop making them soon.

Staircase
08-26-2006, 12:05 PM
WHAT?! nooooooooo. Thats the worst news ive heard in my entire life. Ugh... I was really hoping it would last alot longer. Its the best series ive ever played! Ide like to see this interview when you do/if you do find it. I just dont understand WHY they would end it. They're making billions of dollars from the franchise.

Zeon
08-26-2006, 12:13 PM
just the way the world is. the producers aernt getting any younger and maybe the head honcho of square is retiring and needs to finish off at some point? who knows. but by the time tht happens we may well have lost intrest in those games. i mean sure at the age we are now its different but when we are like 30 or so itll change. theres only one person i no of whos older and still plays these games and his nickname was piccolo (if uve been on gametalk ull no who this is) he was an insperation but lets face it, it will dioe out eventually...........to the dislikes of hundreds of millions of ppl across the globe. and when tht day comes........thts it.....basically the end. :(

Yggdrasill
08-26-2006, 12:15 PM
I just dont understand WHY they would end it. They're making billions of dollars from the franchise.
I think Square are just getting bored with FF now but hopefully they might not end it at FF17. Plus, they'll probably be a lot of sequels for current FF games. I also heard alot of the workers at SQUARE were moving to different companies, including Nobou Uematsu. :(

Staircase
08-26-2006, 12:27 PM
theres only one person i no of whos older and still plays these games

We have a Admin here (Arkacia) who is 43 (i think). And im guessing since shes here she likes final fantasy =).

oh, and my firends mom is 47 and still playes FF and resident evil.

Zeromus_X
08-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Although somewhere near 20 would be ideal, I doubt SE would say such a thing (they don't know when it'll end anymore than we will). Since each game is handled by a different team now (think like the Tales series), who knows when it will end. I do hope it does end around 20 (it'd get a bit ridiculous after that), but as long as people buy the games, I don't see it ending any time soon.

Avathar
08-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, that I said that it's not gonna end: :p I only have the mere feeling about the Final Fantasy series that it will last forever, but of course, ultimately they'll stop making Final Fantasy titles. ;) Then again, who knows what might happen in the future.

Ironically a series of videogames called 'Final' Fantasy prooves to be one of the longest enduring series of all time.

Zeon
08-27-2006, 04:54 PM
lol yer good point. pretty ironic alrite. another thing i spose is they could start making tactics 2,3,4 etc and think of new titles like they did for Final Fantasy crystal chronicles :D which would be intresting (hopefully they would be better games than crystal chronicles was) thinking about it i should have called this thread the final final fantasy. much more to the point. any way i can change it????

Yggdrasill
08-27-2006, 05:00 PM
I think you can change it by editing your first post in the topic and editing the text in the 'Title' box to whatever you want.

Zeon
08-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Moderator Edit: I edited the thread title, and also this post, 'cause this is Serious Discussions, and a random post like you made: try to avoid it. ;)

Luis
08-27-2006, 10:28 PM
Almost everything comes to an end. And FF will also. Probably not today or tomorrow... but it will. You know, matters of profitability, competitors, a future lack of ideas...
I mean, I don't think there will be Final Fantasy games in 15years... (I wish I was wrong xD )

I guess someone had to play devil's advocate too xD

Spiff
08-30-2006, 05:05 PM
As long as they make money Square will keep making them. They'll probably drop the number at some point though and just put a title in its place like Deige of Cerberus.

Zeon
08-30-2006, 05:15 PM
but dirge of cerburus has the FF7 bit first.........................

Spiff
08-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Final Fantasy: Mirrors in Wind

This could be Final Fantasy 54 but instead of putting FF54 they'll just take out the number like the Zelda series.

Zeon
08-30-2006, 05:22 PM
i no............FF crystal chronicles??? another one. (and tht game sucked........first one on gamecube.........and hoping the last :D)

Staircase
08-30-2006, 06:04 PM
I do hope it does end around 20 (it'd get a bit ridiculous after that)

Why you think Final fantasys would start being ridiculous after 20? I hope the series continues far past that. Just want your thoughts on that.

Hydra
08-30-2006, 10:03 PM
i was thinking..........where is final fantasy gunna end? is it gunna continue forward into the future until we go to the shops buying FF54? or is it coming to a close soon...........? i hoped tht it would never end but sure enuf it will. when is uncertain why? hello FF54? i dont think so......... i mean say tht out loud. sound right to u?.........nope. so when do we think itll end ppl??? :eek:
On the Playstation Twelve. All FF characters join forces to fight all of the FF bosses in history, then they combine into an ultra boss, where they all combine the heros into a super hero. Yes, even Ultros.

Is what the Final Fantasy era will become of if they keep making them. It's a great thing it's lasted this long, and I hope for more to come. But eventually, they're going to HAVE to run out of ideas. I see it running for a very long time, but it's going to stop eventually.

Zeromus_X
08-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Why you think Final fantasys would start being ridiculous after 20? I hope the series continues far past that. Just want your thoughts on that.

Because, well, it'd be over 20 additions to the series! That's quite a bit, at least for me (I don't know many forms of entertainment that have reached over 20 installments). Something along the lines of what darkshadow said (with subtitles) would be ideal.

Final Fantasy XXXVI: The Final Final Fantasy. We Promise. Just kidding. Haha.

Hydra
08-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Because, well, it'd be over 20 additions to the series! That's quite a bit, at least for me (I don't know many forms of entertainment that have reached over 20 installments). Something along the lines of what darkshadow said (with subtitles) would be ideal.

Final Fantasy XXXVI: The Final Final Fantasy. We Promise. Just kidding. Haha.
Best. Title. Ever.

I do believe they'll make a LOT more, but they'll run out of spectacular ideas soon enough.

Avathar
09-02-2006, 10:17 AM
I do believe they'll make a LOT more, but they'll run out of spectacular ideas soon enough.

You sound pretty certain about that, but in fact, no one knows how things are going to end up to be. But, like I think I said before, if Square-Enix has the possibility to gain new writers and new ideas, for new upcoming generations of gamers: Then its popularity won't end soon enough.

And when looking at a series like Final Fantasy: it's also a certainty that looking back to the past in new games is also a bonus. Just a matter of combining factors to keep the gameseries exciting.

And for me, even though FFXII and FFXIII and the add-ons? look really nice and all, I can't really be bothered with new games in this serie. I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy in its whole, but not always to keep on buying and playing, just to keep up with the newest of newest. :p

Hydra
09-03-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm pretty certain.

Even with new writers and such, Final Fantasy has done it all before. In time, they'll have to combine two half assed ideas they had to make a whole one, just to make a successful game. Eventually, that won't work anymore. I didn't say it'd end anytime soon. But I'm 100% certain it IS going to end. They can't make new ideas forever. Besides, a few slip ups will change the view of everyone about Final Fantasy. They have a big responsibility on their hands, and they're going to drop it eventually.

Yggdrasill
09-03-2006, 03:17 PM
In time Final Fantasy will stop being profitable. Hopefully that time isn't near.
I have to be honest FFXXXII will just look stupid though. XP

Hydra
09-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Hell, you never know. They might make spinoffs with different places that may be used in the next Final Fantasy game. In that case, it'll go on longer. But meh, only time can tell that sort of thing.

richboywonder
09-03-2006, 06:33 PM
it's gonna have to come to some point when they run out of ideas.by the time we are dead they will probably still be making them.

Zeon
09-03-2006, 06:36 PM
imagine.................Final Fantasy C (100)................WOW

Staircase
09-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Ide say square isnt dumb enough to actually put "Final Fantasy: XXVII". It just stops being catchy after 19. Im sure if they go above 20 they will (as Spiff said) take off the numbers. And i can see final fantasy going on for a very long time (as ive said before). But even if FF Does end soon, theres still great RPGs out there (Xenosaga, its an amazing RPG).

Kat
09-03-2006, 09:51 PM
FF shall never end,well i hope not any ways ^.^
all the ffs that have came out were all fun games and no matter how easy of difficault they were,but im pretty sure Hydra is right so i'll go with his hypothesis.

Phoenix Flame
09-08-2006, 08:58 AM
IMO...they are close to the end - at least with putting Roman numerals as a suffix. Soon, they will write the titles like Crystal Chronicles.

Yes, FFC (100) would look sweet!

Otherwise, I think it's been said that all things, both good and bad have to come to an end - and sad that this will include this franchise. They've been making FF's since I started playing video games! That's a long friggin time!

If I had to take a guess, I'd say XIII COULD be the last with R.N., but probably SE will end it with XV.

Wish we could all discuss this in person - I'd imagine the conversation would be almost liquid.

ultimecia
09-15-2006, 08:32 AM
ive got a good theory for what they should use for the "final final fantasy" they should use all the main characters for the best game they have brought out yet and use them in one ultimate game.

dappa
10-09-2006, 07:35 AM
i hope it never ends. people like us wont have anything to do.

Gumdrop
10-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Its hard to say, I seem to remeber them saying they would definatly stop at 12 and yet here they are well on their way to finishing the story of FF13 (if they didn't already).

Tiny Bronco
11-13-2006, 06:40 PM
It'll end either when it stops making money(or it would make Square more money to make someother type of game) or on a nice even number like 20 on the aniversary on the first FF so as to go out with a bang. I just can't see anything above 29. I mean FFXXX(FF30) just looks repetative. FFXX has something cool about it though.
Square has to run out of new ideas for Final Fantasies sooner or later.

FFXX
The FINAL Fantasy

Xartex
11-14-2006, 04:13 AM
I just can't see anything above 29. I mean FFXXX(FF30) just looks repetative. FFXX has something cool about it though.

Yeah, it doesn't look that great. They'll just have to put a "30" there just so no 1 get offended :p If it reaches that high, even though it would take a couple of years for it to reach there, I sure hope is does :D and FF XX does look kinda cool :)

Staircase
11-14-2006, 10:53 AM
On the collectors edition DVD that came with FFXII, at the end of the Final Fantasy History part it is said that the crystals will shine as long as their are still fans, or somthing along thoes lines. So we may see many. many more.

Andrew Scaves
11-14-2006, 11:18 AM
Probably FFXX, but I coul be wrong but I doubt it would go to FFL or FFC.

dappa
11-14-2006, 07:11 PM
On the collectors edition DVD that came with FFXII, at the end of the Final Fantasy History part it is said that the crystals will shine as long as their are still fans, or somthing along thoes lines. So we may see many. many more.

Let the crystal shine I say. I couldn't imagine a world without final fantasy.