PDA

View Full Version : Help on defeating Omega Weapon?

John Smith
08-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Title :(

The characters I use are: Squall, Rinoa and Selphie.

I've been trying to use Rinoa's Comine Limit Break so that I can use Invincible Moon, but it just doesn't seem to come. If this succeeds or not, I make Squall use Aura on Selphie, so that she can last a little longer to find "The End" in her Roulette Limit Break. I've read this technique in a walkthrough, although in vain. I've ran into The End a couple of times, but I hit the button so fast that it passes right in from of my eyes >.<

Oh, by the way, I hope I'm not confusing Omega Weapon with Ultima Weapon =P

Zeon
08-27-2006, 05:08 PM
yer omega is pretty simple to beat with/without inviciblity but can get annoyingly repeatitive

with inviciblity:
starts battle with lvl 5 death so have death junctioned to stat def to all
cast eden and cerburus with characters (not squall) and have squall cast treble aura
depending whos in battle use either limits (if rinoa use combine for invincible moon) or cast meltdown, item:holy-war and then squall renzokuken.
continue pounding until death (if u come out of holy war use quick :D)

without invincibility:
starts battle with lvl 5 death so have death junctioned to stat def to all
cerburus and eden (just for extra damage at start and plan ahead :D)
start with triple of squall and have him cast treble haste/aura (either or but next turn use the other tht u didnt) recommend haste so next turns occur faster.
next attack he uses is meteor which is fine.
treble curaga to get characters to max as next attack does 9998 damage to all
use gravaja so just attack him hard as it cannot kill and healing is pointless (see next part and ull see y :D)
next attack will deffinatly kill (terra break EVIL) have one character defend reduces all hits to 0 damage :D:D:D then use tht character with full life double to revive others :D
repeat process until death :D:D:D

AND THERE YA GO!!! u have won (hope it goes well :D i can offer other methods to win but more a test than a method really :D)
item mega-elixer, limit break rezokuken and with

John Smith
08-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks, I gotta try this... (I haven't played FF8 for like a month or 2 :S) (Stuck in Omega Weapon). Actually, if Lion Heart happens, I'm pretty sure it deals more damage =\

Zeon
08-27-2006, 05:52 PM
nope this does indeady work on EVERYTHING :D:D:D:D but i dont use coz i find it kinda cheating but by all means use it :D i tested it myself so i know it works.

John Smith
08-27-2006, 05:59 PM
YAY!!! GOODY GOOD-Y DOO!!! =D =D =D

Thanks for all the help Zeon =D =D =D

ShadowHeart
08-27-2006, 06:37 PM
You can easily beat Omega before he uses Terra Break, if you are set up properly.

This is how I do it:

* Junction max Strength on Squall and Zell (that is, 255)
* Get as much Speed as possible on everyone, that is, junction whatever magic that gives the largest Speed boost possible and equip the +60% Speed ability (I think that's the highest Speed bonus you can get from GFs, if I remember correctly)
* Set battle speed to the slowest (in the config menu)
* Get your Vitality and Spirit as high as possible, and junction 100 Death to Status-Def (if your levels are in multiples of 5)
* Equip Iniative if you have any room left, you can do without it I guess.

Then for the battle.. Cast Meltdown on Omega, Aura on everyone (well, Zell and Squall at least, the 3rd party member is only there for support, like healing), you could Haste up too if you like (unless you have Auto-Haste). Zell will perform Armageddon Fist* and Squall will do Renzokuken. Just repeat, over and over. The 3rd party members heals when necessary.

Since your Speed is ridicolously high and you are Hasted, you should be faster than Omega and be able to kill him before he pulls off his first Terra Break. I did, and I'm far from the best, so you should be able to too. When I did, it took 3 Duel (ie Armageddon Fist) and 3 Renzokuken (one of them ended with Lionheart) to finish him. If you've got some confidence, you could even leave your whole party at 1 HP after his Megiddo Flame and just go all out.

* Armageddon Fist - if you don't know, this is simply repeating Zell's 2 simplest moves in Duel over and over. Booya and Heel Drop I think they are called. They both require 2 key presses and can be performed extremely fast if you're good at it, and therefore you can pull off very many of them in the span of one single Duel. I've personally dished out 250,000 damage with Zell per Duel doing this (and if you're really really good at it, you may be able to go as high as 400,000+), and that is actually on par with Lionheart and you don't need to rely on luck. With 255 Strength and fighting a Meltdown'd monster, each hit will do 4000-5000 damage and 9999 if critical.

Zeon
08-27-2006, 06:42 PM
ok good strategie but there are errors. zells duel can be done extremely fast and if u do punch rush it can be as short as 0.13 of a second (which rocks) with this method i manged to beat omega before i got to gravaja (the attack before terra break :D) cocky i know but still. also i wouldnt wanna post this method as a first way to kill omega as its more fun to make the battle a challege :D

John Smith
08-27-2006, 06:45 PM
The hardest monster in FF8 can be killed that easily? =O X_X

Zeon
08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
yer its sucks dont it??? omega is really tht simple to beat. kinda depressing :(

John Smith
08-27-2006, 07:10 PM
No problem to Squall, Zell and Quistis eh? (All Level 100 =D)

If it's even tougher than Ultimecia and Griever and Ultimecia with Griver junctioned... I don't want to think about this >.>

Zeromus_X
08-27-2006, 07:13 PM
I was going to post ShadowHeart's strategy from awhile back, but it seems I've been beaten to the chase.

Yeah, he's pretty easy...unfortunately. :/

Zeon
08-27-2006, 07:17 PM
has anyone tried beatng him with angel wing?
its determined by what magics in rinoas inventory so meteor 255 magic and angel wing doing around 7000-8000 damage X8 and haste and boosted speed from angel wing makes it awesome combo
4 meteors before 1 of omegas turns and uve got the other 2 for healing and stuff as well :D:D:D

Zeromus_X
08-28-2006, 01:39 AM
Oh, I forgot to point this out but the 'Armageddon Fist' is actually Booya and Punch Rush, SH. :)

ShadowHeart
08-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Oh right :P Haven't played FF8 in like 1½ years :)

Zeromus_X
08-28-2006, 08:15 PM
Heh, no problem. :p

dappa
09-21-2006, 07:10 AM
The first time I ever played ff8 and stumbled across him I didn't have all the parties abilities unsealed. I had magic, item, gf, save and ressurection unsealed.

I had no heroes or holy wars in the inventory or the limit breaks. I was fighting him for nearly two hours as his terrra break was wiping my party out, but I was lucky to have phoenix reviving me everytime this happened.

I came very close to defeating him but turned my playstation off as I had to go out. Its a very enjoyable challenge though.

Alot of the methods for defeating him that are mentioned in this forum are good too.