PDA

View Full Version : Rikku's Mix

Phoenix Flame
08-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey all!

I typically don't use Mix that much - although I know that there are several helpful mixes...such has Hyper Mighty G, Starburst, Ultra Potion, Hot Spurs and Eccentrick; but what I wanted to ask the gamers who use it when they use Mix, what they use and, mose importantly...WHY.

Please post at your leisure.

Thanks!

Zeon
08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
well sunburst simply is the only one i use and only once against evrae.........becoz it got the battle out the way in 1 turn :D (also the fnix down on the second undead version to end tht too :D)

Phoenix Flame
08-29-2006, 06:35 PM
I only used sunburst once (mixed two Dark Matters together bc I had enough to spare) just to see what it looked like. I was at 120+ hrs before I mixed for the first time though...BUGGER! X D

darkshadow2247
08-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I dont use mix because I don't use Rikku. Seriously, Rikku has moved about 15 spaces on the SG.

I taught steal and use to Yuna because they are both useful abilities.

Zeromus_X
08-29-2006, 10:32 PM
While some are turned off by her low HP (I was the first time I played the game, as she kept getting one-hitted by monsters...), she really is the most destructive character in the game, for her Mix ability. You don't do an NSG without her.

Edit: Trio of 9,999! The most broken combo in the game, I'd wager. Mix two Doors to Tomorrow (Steal from Ultima Weapon) or two Underdog's Secrets (obtain all the Al Bhed primers and talk to Rin) to make all your attacks (all of 'em, even weak ones) do at least 9,999 damage. This is great for Lulu's Fire Fury, Wakka's Attack Reels, Magic Stones for Using, and Tida's Overdrives. (Well, before you stat pump all your characters, at any rate).

Phoenix Flame
08-31-2006, 02:19 AM
I dont use mix because I don't use Rikku. Seriously, Rikku has moved about 15 spaces on the SG.

I taught steal and use to Yuna because they are both useful abilities.

You know...I understand preferences; but I got a profound appreciation for Rikku once I did the 'All-Theives Guide' located @ gamefaqs.com

Made completing the game smooth and feel like it was pretty quick - considering all that you COULD possibly do...Rikku is an Agile thief - albeit very weak in the beginning. She (as well as anyone else for this matter) becomes a powerhouse after going through Wakka's/Auron's portion of the grid. If they were going to do away with one character - I'd vote her gone and keep Kimhari (just for the blue magic of course.)

Ugh! Sorry for rambling.

Zeromus_X: Ah, yes! Forgot about the Trio mix...that's available too late in the game for me anyway? Anything else you found useful/cool to look at? I want to see: Black hole, the five of each different type of 4 elemental attacks, hyper mighty g, and I'll probably use ultra and super elixer and ultra potion just to check em out and heal my characters uber hp (nearing 70k now.) X P

Kat
08-31-2006, 10:59 PM
well glad you made this thread now i know what kinda stuff to mix ^.^,to make stuff that is actually usefull.
yay!

darkshadow2247
09-01-2006, 09:17 PM
While some are turned off by her low HP (I was the first time I played the game, as she kept getting one-hitted by monsters...), she really is the most destructive character in the game, for her Mix ability. You don't do an NSG without her.

Edit: Trio of 9,999! The most broken combo in the game, I'd wager. Mix two Doors to Tomorrow (Steal from Ultima Weapon) or two Underdog's Secrets (obtain all the Al Bhed primers and talk to Rin) to make all your attacks (all of 'em, even weak ones) do at least 9,999 damage. This is great for Lulu's Fire Fury, Wakka's Attack Reels, Magic Stones for Using, and Tida's Overdrives. (Well, before you stat pump all your characters, at any rate).
It's not that I'm turned off by her, it's just that I didn't want to bother with raising her stats. Yuna is like Rikku's counterpart when it comes to agility and evasiveness. The only difference is that Yuna doesn't have mix.

I'll agree that she does have pretty useful mixes, but I just don't like using stat enhancers that will make the battle one sided (using Trio of 9,999 when your attacks normally do 5,000...I wouldn't mind if it was close like 8,500). It's all in preference.

I also agree that she is the most important character in the NSG challenge. In a case like that, I would justify using Trio of 9,999 and all of her stat ehancing, insanely damaging mixes.

Phoenix Flame
09-02-2006, 04:09 AM
Such as...? : P

Zeromus_X
09-02-2006, 11:03 PM
Wasn't really talking specifically about you, darkshadow, but I do know a number of people who don't care to use Rikku often. :)

Hydra
09-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Such as...? : P
Cluster Bomb, Tall Boy, Potato Masher, Hazard Shell, Calamity Bomb, Chaos Grenade, Sunburst, Nega Burst(Demi-ish attack), Ultra NulAll(Just an awesome mix. =D), Blaster Mine.

Are a few, and ARE NOT elemental.

darkshadow2247
09-03-2006, 02:51 PM
Wasn't really talking specifically about you, darkshadow, but I do know a number of people who don't care to use Rikku often. :)
I figured, but I like to back myself up :p