PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth OR Cloud

SethirothVII
09-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Ok FF7 is based around the planet with main chracters of cloud and sephiroth and everyone knows the story of cloud beating sephiroth.
However if if you got to choose who won cloud or sephiroth who would you choose not based on likeness or the storyline but the strength and powers of each character who do you think would win.

Zeromus_X
09-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Well, Cloud would probably win regardless, since he's the good guy. They have a knack of overcoming adversity against all odds.

Now, as for who would win in a gameplay battle, Cloud would win. Sephiroth is permanently at Level 50, with set Materia and equipment. Regular Cloud does not have these limitations. Sephiroth is also uncontrollable in battle.

Kat
09-05-2006, 09:49 PM
i think Sephiroth has a lot more power than Cloud,but since Cloud is the good guy he will always win ,like good rules evil.

SethirothVII
09-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Well i would say sephiroth as sephiroth is more powerful and cloud and of course good always wins so if you think about it when theres a film or game with evil vs good you already know the ending whats pointless so regardless of good always winning i would say sephiroth would win.

Zeromus_X
09-06-2006, 11:37 AM
And, then, since you seem to be talking about who would win in a regular game battle, then Sephiroth would never be able to win. :)

Phoenix Flame
09-07-2006, 03:31 AM
I vote Sephiroth - reason being is that his sword is light and nimble, he probably has some cool limit break we've never seen, and he's also got Jenova cells...

cloud_vs_sephiroth
09-07-2006, 04:38 AM
i vote sephiroth......

richboywonder
09-07-2006, 09:15 AM
sephiroth

wingman
09-14-2006, 01:34 AM
cloud would win

Yoko Kurama
09-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Cloud would win hands down. In Advent Children you get to see more powers of the two of them, and the same goes for Kingdom Hearts 2. Sephiroth is strong, but Cloud, like some one else has already said, is the good guy and good always triumphs over evil.

ALexander
09-25-2006, 10:43 PM
my vote is for cloud!

mikeh2304
10-01-2006, 02:27 AM
Regarding Sephiroth at level 50, he evades all attacks and is immune to magic. We can't say for sure whether he's invincible.

Cloud101
10-02-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm all for Cloud, but in reality, they had to lower the strength of Sephiroth so that he didn't appear too powerful. In reality he was at Lv.100,(no I don't mean Lv.99), but if they had put that in the battles, the player would be baffled at how Cloud could beat him. So yeah, if it was the real battle between Cloud and Sephiroth, Sephiroth would tear him appart piece by piece!

Gumdrop
10-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Well, Cloud would probably win regardless, since he's the good guy. They have a knack of overcoming adversity against all odds.

Now, as for who would win in a gameplay battle, Cloud would win. Sephiroth is permanently at Level 50, with set Materia and equipment. Regular Cloud does not have these limitations. Sephiroth is also uncontrollable in battle.

Becuase of the handicaps that you have mentioned its clear who would win. Cloud also has limits and I don't recall seeing any from Sephiroth. even if he did evade every normal attack like he does early on in the game he'd be screwed if Cloud set off Omnislash and had Final attack + Pheonix materias ect.

Cloud101
10-27-2006, 11:22 AM
You have a point... but think of this, Sephiroth is to egotistical to use extra things like that on a regular basis.

Unknown Kaze
10-27-2006, 12:49 PM
sephiroth was a powerhouse but in gameplay, Cloud would win cos as evyerone above me said, he is the good guy and cos all of Sephiroth's materia and magic was predetermined whereas Cloud's could be changed. But personally I would have preferred Sephiroth to win, cos he was seriously sick - both in a good AND bad way.

Cloud101
11-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Yeah, your so right!

dappa
11-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Sephiroth looks cool. But clouds get the vote for being able to do the omnislash.

But saying that you would think sephiroth's supernova attack would destroy all.

Yggdrasill
11-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Since Cloud was only a Shinra-grunt in FFVII and he never really joined SOLDIER and he still beat Sephiroth, I'd said Cloud.
Cloud is physically stronger than Sephiroth, (you can easily tell because of the size of Cloud's sword) it's actually a surprise Sephiroth's sword doesn't snap after one clash of both swords.

Dark Cloud
11-05-2006, 03:48 PM
i think cloud hes just more cool. sephi is just to evil but sum people like that aspect

Cloud101
11-07-2006, 11:37 AM
Hang on a second, Sephiroth's MASAMUNE was10 feet long! Nobody on Earth could weild it properly!

dappa
11-07-2006, 02:50 PM
Hang on a second, Sephiroth's MASAMUNE was10 feet long! Nobody on Earth could weild it properly!

Yeah thats what made me laugh about the swords in this game. Some artwork with cloud with his buster sword had me thinking the same when I first played the game.

Cloud101
11-09-2006, 11:19 AM
I've weilded MANY different swords, but never come across the broad swords that Cloud weilds. I'm sure it's possible to forge them, but it would take tremendous strength to weild them.

tangzhanke
11-12-2006, 02:42 AM
sephiroh laa

Tiny Bronco
11-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Thsis is tough because Clouds "powers" where never actually defined. Through all of the flash backs you can tell that Cloud and Zack were both infused with mako and Jenova Cells, but Zack didn't react to this. (The flashback were Zack and Cloud are sitting in those green tubes and Zack brakes them both out) Before that though Cloud appered to be a very unique person, because he through Sephiroth into the lifestream after being stabbed in the gut.

Lots of people say that by this point Cloud already had Jenova Cells, but Hojo specifically says that he decided to try and make Cloud into a Sephiroth clone(inject Jenova Cells and mako) because Cloud was the only one found alive in Nibliehm after Sephy attacked. Tifa and her master had fled. So Cloud apparently has some special power he was born with or it was his "destiny" to save the world.

So in terms of power I say Cloud, but In terms of general sweetness definetaly Sephiroth.

Cloud101
11-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah, he is a nice guy.

Blaze
11-15-2006, 11:06 AM
Cloud would win hands down with Omnislash Cloud is unbeatable

squall001
12-07-2006, 10:10 PM
for me, clorud in the game would certainly lose if it is a one on one battle
and sephiroth would have a lot of hp. but in the movie ff7 ac cloud became stronger and
faster. he has a lot swords this time all diff. kind of it. cloud would be a able to defeat
sephiroth this time and around

Spec Highwind
12-08-2006, 07:35 AM
He only has one sword. He just knows how to use Omnislash :P

Phoenix Flame
12-09-2006, 07:02 AM
He only has one sword. He just knows how to use Omnislash :P

...isn't THAT enough?!?!

white mage
01-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I agree with Soma. Sephiroth would kick Cloud's butt if they were really fighting. He'd rip him to shreds.

Yggdrasill
01-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Cloud because:

-Cloud had a full sword fight with Sephiroth in AC and Cloud came out the victor.
-Cloud physically over-powered Sephiroth in FFVII after Sephiroth stabbed him through the chest.
-Sephiroth without his God-like powers isn't that strong, 3000HP isn't a lot.

The 2nd point proves Cloud is physically stronger than Sephiroth and the 1st point proofs Cloud has better sword skills than Sephiroth, thus, Cloud wins.

Doctor
01-20-2007, 05:55 AM
Cloud because:

-Cloud had a full sword fight with Sephiroth in AC and Cloud came out the victor.
-Cloud physically over-powered Sephiroth in FFVII after Sephiroth stabbed him through the chest.
-Sephiroth without his God-like powers isn't that strong, 3000HP isn't a lot.

The 2nd point proves Cloud is physically stronger than Sephiroth and the 1st point proofs Cloud has better sword skills than Sephiroth, thus, Cloud wins.

I disagree on the "sword skills." Sephiroth trained longer than Cloud, so Cloud has a slight lack of experience.

In FF7: Advent Children I honestly thought that Sephiroth was holding back. He could have destroyed Cloud easily.

But...it's true that the main hero has that knack for overcoming all odds. So Cloud would win, even if he had entire limbs ripped off he could beat Sephiroth.

Yggdrasill
01-20-2007, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't say he was holding back. If Sephiroth is truly more powerful than Cloud he wouldn't have needed to turn into a God-Form (FF7) to even stand a chance at killing him.

I'd say Cloud is way stronger than Sephiroth. when Cloud overpowered Sephiroth in FF7 he had been stabbed right through his chest, Cloud only sliced Sephiroth a bit on his arm so Sephiroth had hardly even been injured.
Basically, what I'm saying is: Sephiroth without his God-like powers, which he attained from the lifestream, is a lot weaker (physically) than Cloud.

Tiny Bronco
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm semi-sick of being the good guy and how they always win. I think a lot of people agrre with that because it many newer games you can pick which side you want to play as. (i.e. Lord of the Rings/Star Wars) Anyhow, besides this and the fact that Sepiroth does look a lot cooler than Cloud I'd say Sephiroth. Even though he always gets owned by Omnislash. :)

Cloud101
01-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Ok,think about this; Hojo did experiments on Cloud to make him stronger, thus granting him his current unnatural powers, BOOYA!!

Sleazer
03-10-2007, 04:33 PM
I think Sephiroth will win in a real fight man versus man,if cloud donīt have his sumons and his friends Sephiroth would win.But Cloud is the hero so he wins.

ultimecia
03-10-2007, 06:06 PM
i agree on a one on one battle sepiroth would win the only reason cloud wins is becuse he has his friends

Gackt Camui
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Ah that makes me feel sad for Sephy

clief101_
05-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Cloud wuld win hands down

1.) before cloud was injected with jenova cell's he was physically stronger than sephiroth, this was proven when cloud overpowered and through him into the lifestream.
2.) when cloud was injected with the jenova cells, he had an incredible reaction 2 them, from what i understand, more than what sephiroth had, even though he was a baby.
3.) the strength of omnislash isnt from his sword, its clouds raw power, and it owns sephiroths nova!!!

so i vote cloud!!!

Gackt Camui
05-31-2007, 11:56 AM
I don't think I voted for nebody...or atleast I don't remember. I like them both.

dappa
05-31-2007, 05:42 PM
I think an omnislash hitting sephiroth mutliple times at 9999hp damage means cloud would win outright.

Sephiroth could blow every planet in the solar system up in his supernova attack and still cloud would be standing.

Gackt Camui
06-11-2007, 12:34 PM
You know what? You're probably right about that one lol

ziekhart
06-11-2007, 11:34 PM
i like cloud more

clief101_
06-11-2007, 11:38 PM
i still reckon cloud wuld win...i mean, in advent children, cloud had been out of fighting for so long, and he still beat sephiroth whether or not he used omnislash v5.0. he was stabbed in his shoulder (i think) and he still overpowered sephiroth. he's just too strong and talented for him, whether or not he's the hero

ziekhart
06-11-2007, 11:59 PM
i still reckon cloud wuld win...i mean, in advent children, cloud had been out of fighting for so long, and he still beat sephiroth whether or not he used omnislash v5.0. he was stabbed in his shoulder (i think) and he still overpowered sephiroth. he's just too strong and talented for him, whether or not he's the hero
you are right

kb-sama
06-12-2007, 02:44 AM
i go for MRSIR EVIL,just because i has a BIG ASS katana

Doctor
06-12-2007, 03:04 AM
i go for MRSIR EVIL,just because i has a BIG ASS katana

I somehow knew you were going to say that. <<; Although, that too is a very good reason. Skill counts, but during a battle Sephiroth automatically has the advantage because of the length of the Masamune.

Gackt Camui
06-12-2007, 03:49 PM
(Its been forever since I posted here...man so much has been discussed)

I agree with you DF about the whole Masamune...I would think that would be an advantage.

clief101_
06-13-2007, 12:33 AM
yeh but when u actually look at it, cloud buster sword and the masamune are very similar in size, so there is not really any advantage to sephiroth. the only advantage sephiroth would have would be a mobile his sword is compared to the buster sword, but because cloud is so physically strong (not that he looks it) he can move his buster sword at an incredible speed, which was proven in advent children when cloud was deflecting bullets

Darkreno
06-13-2007, 01:04 AM
well i'm gonna gun 4 sephiroth on this. not only cuz for his weapon but simply cuz i'm a villain kinda guy.

clief101_
06-13-2007, 01:07 AM
yeh...you do that...but id go for cloud, jus coz he's the best of all time!!! lol

Gackt Camui
06-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Don't get me wrong...Cloud is awesome and all. But there is a difference in the sword size. Especially when you watch AC and you see them face to face with their swords held out at eachother...Sephiroth's is much bigger.

Marius
08-24-2007, 08:35 PM
sephiroth..over cloud simply cuz he has more battle experience than cloud. perhaps cuz he's older. plus seph has a longer sword thats thinner than clouds wider n heavier weapon. in actuallity it would prolly take cloud to long to swing his weapon by then sephiroth would have already made a shish kabob.

clief101_
08-27-2007, 11:48 PM
oh well...my vote is still on cloud

Hydra
08-28-2007, 05:29 PM
sephiroth..over cloud simply cuz he has more battle experience than cloud. perhaps cuz he's older. plus seph has a longer sword thats thinner than clouds wider n heavier weapon. in actuallity it would prolly take cloud to long to swing his weapon by then sephiroth would have already made a shish kabob.
Ever heard of size doesn't matter?

I mean..

Um, Cloud can use his sword fast, even by the weight and big form of it, due to his strength. Sephiroth could too, but he decided to be cool and have the Masamune. ;]

So, it could go either way. Cloud's fueled by his hate towards Sephy though.

clief101_
09-24-2007, 11:45 PM

wen u actually think about it, sephiroth dus have more battle experience, but against opponents who have never posed a threat, he dusnt no how to go about fightin cloud. also, he's been out of it for 5+ yrs (including AC), so alot of his skill wuld have turned bad, and he'd have an imperfect technique, just like tifa sed in AC "its only benn two years since we fought that last battle and we've already lost that feeling, i think cloud's reagined that feeling" im pretty sure thats word 4 word...so imagine how much 5+ years wuld do to u

Kiffer
04-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Sephiroth... Hands down...

Shinra Soldier 1
04-28-2008, 01:55 AM
Well considering he won several times throughout the game and in the movie Cloud is the best. Although Sephiroth had more power, Cloud was driven by the planet and his love for people, which made him stronger.

SProject
06-15-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm in Sephiroth team. he's just plain awesome and stronger...Like Playing Crisis Core that dude was a GOD! it's sad how things went down in FFVii though very sad indeed.

clief101_
06-16-2008, 03:51 AM
I still say Cloud, simply because he's obviously stronger, due to the way he hadles the Buster sword, and the speed he use's it at. The fact that he's been fighting more consistently over the past 5 yrs, and he has had to push himself to beat his opponents. He had to really work hard to get back into form against loz and the other guy throughout AC, and then he completely pummeled kadaj!! He takes a beating and he still keeps keeps going.

Sephiroth hasnt had a real challenge in a LONG time, so he doesn't know how to go about fighting when he's up against Cloud, because he's the only real challenge he's ever had. Because he fights to toy with his opponents, i think he kinda forgot how to fight for his life. He was shoched when Cloud used his omnislash V5.0 and thats his weakness...he simply didnt know what to do, he could fly away from the attack, but he was too stunned to move

SProject
06-17-2008, 09:33 PM
I still say Cloud, simply because he's obviously stronger, due to the way he hadles the Buster sword, and the speed he use's it at. The fact that he's been fighting more consistently over the past 5 yrs, and he has had to push himself to beat his opponents. He had to really work hard to get back into form against loz and the other guy throughout AC, and then he completely pummeled kadaj!! He takes a beating and he still keeps keeps going.

Sephiroth hasnt had a real challenge in a LONG time, so he doesn't know how to go about fighting when he's up against Cloud, because he's the only real challenge he's ever had. Because he fights to toy with his opponents, i think he kinda forgot how to fight for his life. He was shoched when Cloud used his omnislash V5.0 and thats his weakness...he simply didnt know what to do, he could fly away from the attack, but he was too stunned to move

I give it up to you. you like clearly proved your point and i like that. Your So Right i didn't thought about Advent children cloud had proved a lot and can show us whats he's made of. very Nice Back up i enjoyed reading your explanation. =D

clief101_
06-20-2008, 10:51 AM
I give it up to you. you like clearly proved your point and i like that. Your So Right i didn't thought about Advent children cloud had proved a lot and can show us whats he's made of. very Nice Back up i enjoyed reading your explanation. =D

cheers mate, i enjoyd writing it. its nice to know when i can help sum1 out, or give them a knew perspective on sumthing...also im jus a kikass fan of cloud, and know everytin bout FFVII lol

but again, cheers, its nice to know u thort that

SProject
06-27-2008, 04:01 PM
cheers mate, i enjoyd writing it. its nice to know when i can help sum1 out, or give them a knew perspective on sumthing...also im jus a kikass fan of cloud, and know everytin bout FFVII lol

but again, cheers, its nice to know u thort that

Not a Problem. Well, i enjoy a well out thought and someone who can sticks to there opinion and make sure there get the ideas and views 110% out there and you did it very good...mate:D haha I too is a crazy FF7 Fan WOOT we share that in common.

TherathxRikku
12-07-2009, 10:46 PM
Why is there no "Neither" option? >_> They're both pretty annoying.

clief101_
12-18-2009, 11:27 AM
LMAO!!! well thats your opinion XD

TherathxRikku
12-18-2009, 10:40 PM
My opinion is for the lulz!!!