PDA

View Full Version : EASY way to get Venus Sigil (Thunder Plains mini-game.)

Phoenix Flame
09-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Ok, I HAD to write this (and I'll probably spam a little by posting it in two or three other spots because of importance.) I found an 'EASY' way to dodge lightning!
In the second main area, (after the travel agency) right when you start out - walk northwest until you come to the lake in this area. Where I stood was the corner of the lake (where you could either walk up-left diagonally on the d-pad to go towards the west side of the plains, or right/up-right on the d-pad to go towards the east and north ends of the plain respectively.) Lightning here dodges as follows: first bolt in about 8-10 seconds, followed by a 2-3 second interval 2nd bolt. It may sound a little odd at first, but once you get the timing down it is SO easy! I dodged, waited a few seconds and dodged again; ran back to the edge of the lake again and waited a few more seconds and repeated. Doing this, I was able to dodge 230 bolts in a little over 45 minutes (I think, I didn't time myself - but will next time) all this while STILL FIGHTING! I was able to capture all the fiends in the calm lands AND get the sigil very easily.
Secondly - I wanted to note this because in addition to the sigil, you also get a) 2x MP sphere for dodging 20, b) 3x Str. sphere for 50, c) 3x Hp sphere for dodging 100, and d) 4x Megalixer for 150. I'm currently working on a Tidus-only challenge, and those Str. spheres and Hp spheres will come in handy - especially early on in the game! Best of luck (you won't need it!)

Kat
09-09-2006, 08:08 PM
O.O
45 mins. thats alot of time just for a secret weapon,i never even bothered getting Tidus' weapon,i dunno why.....but thats prolly why,lol

Hydra
09-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Wow. =O

I knew about it, but I never got it to work, because I didn't get the timing right, because I couldn't dodge them. Since you know the seconds, you know what to expect, so it's really easy. Nice find. :D

Phoenix Flame
09-10-2006, 09:46 AM
O.O
45 mins. thats alot of time just for a secret weapon,i never even bothered getting Tidus' weapon,i dunno why.....but thats prolly why,lol

Not for the weapon, for the SIGIL.

The weapon is at Baaj Temple - remember? J/K. I'm sure you meant that.

Yeah, so it's not just getting the Sigil...its also fighting, and - if you have a capture weapon on it, you can collect 10X all 8 monsters in the plains in 45 minutes. Good for some sphere levels too. So :p

Wow! I guess the catcher chocobo game was a little rough. It took me about as long to beat that as it did to get the Sigil :D

RPG'er for life!

dappa
11-22-2006, 05:00 PM
It took me half an hour without fighting to do the dodging the lightning thing. I hated doing it too.

Spec Highwind
11-22-2006, 05:04 PM
You have to dodge 200 bolts, right? erm... Someone told me that, but I misunderstood and dodged over 400 xD

dappa
11-22-2006, 05:38 PM
You have to dodge 200 bolts, right? erm... Someone told me that, but I misunderstood and dodged over 400 xD

Ouch!!!! I feel for you man.

Phoenix Flame
11-23-2006, 03:01 AM
Anyone know what the record is???

And who doesn't have a life that they dodge, like, over 1K bolts o lightning???

dappa
11-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I wonder if you get anything for dodging over 1000 bolts of lightning?

Not trying it though.

Phoenix Flame
11-24-2006, 02:57 AM
I going to go out on a limb and say.....

NO!

Xartex
11-24-2006, 04:14 AM
I actually found it pretty easy to dodge them. In the beginning it was hit all the time but then after a short while you learn the trick to when to push. Felt like I could go on forever but didn't see any point in doing more than 200.

dirge_of_sephiroth
12-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Maybe next time I play I'll try again. I just have such a short attention span :p

thomasmm
02-09-2007, 04:18 PM
thx for the tips, i'll definetly try it sometime
i got 136 times then i got hit by the lightning at one day, i was realy pissed of back then

Phoenix Flame
02-10-2007, 12:55 AM
I've had that happen a couple times! >_<

Feel for ya!

dappa
02-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm on my second game of ff10 and I attempted the lightning dodging again. I was well pissed off when I got to 120 and then I fumbled with the x button and got hit by lightning.

I am going to attempt it again tonight.

Phoenix Flame
02-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Good luck! Have you tried this method? I had the light turned off and kept a mental (and written) record of how many I had dodged and added each time I fought a battle. The lightning by the lake is so regular I bed you could time it...didn't want to get into habbit of pressing X at a certain time and be wrong. Just kept waiting for the seemingly routine flash of light and then would press it. XD

dappa
02-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Thats exactly how I did it too! One flash of lightining followed by another a few secs later.

Arcane
03-18-2007, 01:17 PM
well this is new. i read from other sources dat u can just hide under the awning or wdv in de travel agency and u wont get hit but can dodge? i dunno, i nvr attempted getting the venus sigil. i fully unlocked aurons, yuna and tidus(main pty) though, tidus's sigil was de hardest. getting 0.00 in de chocobo race. sigh.

Phoenix Flame
07-01-2007, 09:35 AM
well this is new. i read from other sources dat u can just hide under the awning or wdv in de travel agency and u wont get hit but can dodge? i dunno, i nvr attempted getting the venus sigil. i fully unlocked aurons, yuna and tidus(main pty) though, tidus's sigil was de hardest. getting 0.00 in de chocobo race. sigh.

....actually - its supposed to be < 0.00secs. I hated those damn birds >__<

I think Lu's weapon is one of the better one to unlock - simply because she's the best (barring Yuna) with magic...at least until you power-level = 3

XxAuron.GaurdxX
07-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Thanks for that, i might try it all i have to get is venus sigil and wakka's sigil. I hate doing blitzball games >_<.

Phoenix Flame
07-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Honestly...blitz was a good break from all the pwning you did in Spira. I liked the fact that Tidus was the star player and you could recruit from a lot of the world. It made it VERY unique IMO. The games were just the right amount of time - and the competition (at Luca) was enough to make you hate the Goers for the rest of the game ^__^ The fact that you HAVE to play it to get the *thinks* Mercury Sigil(?) for Wakka wasn't too great, but you could always save it just after you compete in the final game before the next available tournament/league begins (I forget which it appears in) and if you don't get it as the item for winning the next - simply reset and try again. That way you only need to play though that next game to see what the next item is....and repeat until the next item for the champs IS the sigil. The reason you can do this is because the items are random - so it may take you between 10 and 300 games before it appears if you are that unlucky.

dappa
07-13-2007, 08:21 PM
I must be very lucky then, cause wakka's sigil always shows up for me first time.

As for the thunder plains a few months ago I must of got to around dodging 150 bolts of lightning and then I pressed the button too quickly and got zapped, I swore with frustration.

Phoenix Flame
07-14-2007, 07:26 AM
LOL!!! Did you try my trick or simply walk back and forth. I don't know if my trick works for the Int. version.....although I can't wait to try it out. = P

dappa
07-14-2007, 09:45 PM
I used to hang around an area not far from rins agency and dodge all the lightning on one spot.

I always had the no encounter ability on because random battles would put me off my concentration.

Phoenix Flame
07-20-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm assuming you've since done it - has anyone else tried my trick? I'd be interested to know if the timing for that spot is the same in every version.

dappa
07-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm quite confident it is John.

Now I think about it I did use the same spot to dodge the lightning when I first got lulus sigil. I did it in around half an hour due to no encounters on. I found if I left encounters on and a battle was initiated inbetween that first and second bolt I would lose my concentration and get hit by that second bolt sometimes.

Phoenix Flame
08-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Hmm...I know that feeling. XD I JUST got to the Gandof Thunder Plains in my game. :p I'm looking trying it on the international version...just to confirm it.

Phoenix Flame
08-03-2007, 07:32 AM
It works...I went to the place I described - the first time I was in a hurry and only dodged 181 bolts (I lost count early and thought I was actually higher than what I had.) I gained about 8 sphere levels fighting fiends while doing it.

The second time I gained roughly the same amount - but dodged 211 bolts of lightning consecutively. ^_^; It's quite simple if you run back to the same spot by the 'lake' after every two dodges. Dodge, dodge, run... ... dodge, dodge, run-fight; repeat. :D

Maybe I should go for a record...you think the game keeps track of more than 999 consecutive dodges??? :confused:

dappa
08-03-2007, 06:57 PM
probably does but probably dont give you anything for doing it. I know that you get rewarded for tidus getting hit multiple times by lightning but I would'nt recommend dodging up to 1000 bolts of lightning.

Phoenix Flame
08-03-2007, 11:16 PM
xDDD

Yeah - that was just a passing thought. 0.0! Unless it will get me on gamefaqs or something. XD J/K I'm not THAT insane - just a 'lil.

clief101_
10-17-2007, 01:07 AM
i have the PAL version and it wrks, but i figured it out b4 i come on here...i dont actually go to the lake...i go to the broken tower where one of the quacter strones are, its in like a cove type thing where you cant go backwards, like a secret area...i just stay in there coz when u dodge the bolts u jump backwards, when u dodge in here u dont move, so you dont have to move back to your area...this is the only sigil i have left and then i have evryones celestial weapons...its a pain!!!

Phoenix Flame
12-22-2007, 06:45 AM
i have the PAL version and it wrks, but i figured it out b4 i come on here...i dont actually go to the lake...i go to the broken tower where one of the quacter strones are, its in like a cove type thing where you cant go backwards, like a secret area...i just stay in there coz when u dodge the bolts u jump backwards, when u dodge in here u dont move, so you dont have to move back to your area...this is the only sigil i have left and then i have evryones celestial weapons...its a pain!!!

Whoa! That's nice! ^^; I'll have to try that next time...

Halim Ondore
04-29-2008, 06:14 AM
tidus weapon is to hard to get -.-

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 02:08 AM
I found it easier to have a No Encounters ability on and just stay in one spot and just press X when it calls for it, and above all, to stay calm. If you get jumpy, you screw up, I had it in about 20 minutes. I barely use Lulu, though, so there was really no point in getting it. xD