PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat!!!

Garnet_Dagger
09-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I was wondering if anyone else here likes Mortal Kombat. I don't like it...I love it. I will play Mortal Kombat over any other fighting games. Mainly because of the dark characters, storylines and gore...No other Fighter is out there like MK. Many try to copy it but fail...MK is original and is a classic...

Hydra
09-16-2006, 10:25 PM
I absolutely love it. :D

I purchased Deception for the PS2 and Gamecube, just for the two character difference. I also preordered Armageddon. :D A lot of fighters are like it, but it's one of the only who can have that much variety and gore in it, and still be around for years. I've played MOSTLY all of them.. MK1, 2, 3, UMK3, Trilogy, MK4, Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Shaolin Monks. I really liked Shaolin Monks. Oh, and the Sub-Zero based one. The only one I didn't play was Special Forces, because I heard it was a bit bad.

But I'm a MK fan myself. I know a little bit about it. XD

richboywonder
09-17-2006, 10:15 AM
there's a new one coming out.

Hydra
09-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Yeah, that'd be Armageddon. Hopefully with mostly ALL of the characters, there'll be more to the story and adventure element. Or just all out fighting. That'd work too. =D

Luis
09-18-2006, 04:27 PM
I used to liked it XD But I don't know how to do most of the Fatalities/Babalities/whatever, and personally I don't like the movements at all.
Personally, I prefer Street Fighter saga

Hydra
09-18-2006, 09:34 PM
XD

SF:EX3<MK: Deception. XD

It's very obvious Luis. :) If Street Fighter made more successful 3-D games, they'd be better than MK. But Mortal Kombat makes the 3-D world go round. :D

Luis
09-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Meh... I still prefer those 2D graphics thant those of the MK... :p
Street Fighet launched a 3D game (Street Fighter EX plus Alpha, if I'm right) but I didn't like it very much. I even prefer Street Fighet games to Tekken ones XD It's not that I am a fan or so, but I enjoy'em more. It's my point of view.

I think I only learnt how to do Reptil's fatality, and prolly Liu Kang's and Mileena's one. I only played MK1, MK2, MK3 and one for the PS (I think it was MK Trilogy)

Garnet_Dagger
09-19-2006, 02:07 AM
Mortal Kombat Armageddon, if it was done right...could be one of the greatest fighting games in history! Over 60 characters, and Konquest RPG mode, Create a fighter mode, Create a Fatality mode, kart racing mode, and online play.....*drools*.

I know alot of people criticize MK because its mnot as pretty graphic wise as DOA, Tekken, Virtual Fighter...and some people consider the fighting shallow compared to those games as well.

I'll choose mortal kombat anyday over other fighters. It's just bloody fun!!! Why get just a KO when you can jump on your opponent's head crshing it? Thats just my opinion. MK is great to me...

Hydra
09-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I can't wait for the new one to come out. Meat and Blaze have actual stories now. And Blaze is the ultimate boss. XD

Garnet_Dagger
09-19-2006, 06:37 PM
I can't wait for the new one to come out. Meat and Blaze have actual stories now. And Blaze is the ultimate boss. XD
Sorry I have to say this Hydra but........"F*** MEAT".

My mind may change once I play with him in the game. But putting Meat in over Khameleon? Khameleon who actually has a story line and serves a purpose? Damn you MK team of Midway!!!...She better be in the next Gen-Mortal Kombat...-_-

Hydra
09-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Lol, it's alright. I understand your pain after studying Wiki and finding that out. Then again, even Blaze has a big story part. Even Mokap of all people. And they were play characters to make fun of.

Garnet_Dagger
09-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Eww. I try not to rely on Wiki too much because anybody can put crap up in there. I usually go to the MKonline forums and site to find out info. Blaze looks awsome but Mokap is just gay....God I hope he dies in this one....

Hydra
09-19-2006, 10:07 PM
True, but for the most part, sensible people have the right information..

Anyway, I can't wait for Fujin. He was a favorite of mine in Mortal Kombat 4.

Garnet_Dagger
09-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Yeah, Fujin was great...I just can't wait for the game period. I'll be enslaved to my PS2 for days.....

Hydra
09-19-2006, 11:11 PM
That and Reiko. I'm also looking forward to seeing Rain also. :D

Garnet_Dagger
09-19-2006, 11:12 PM
Don't forget Sheeva and Kintaro....

Hydra
09-20-2006, 05:46 PM
Plus Goro. I'm glad Shinnok's back too. He needs to get back at Quan Chi. :D

wingman
09-20-2006, 10:15 PM
in armageddon cant you create your own character

Garnet_Dagger
09-20-2006, 10:40 PM
in armageddon cant you create your own character
Why yes you can!! Customize you're character's looks, moves, and fatalities....

:D I'm skipping school October 9th. I'll be to busy beating the crap out of Mokap with Tanya....

Hydra
09-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Hell, why not CREATE Khameleon? :D I'm just looking forward to pitting Liu Kang against all of the major bosses in the game. o_0

Garnet_Dagger
09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Hell, why not CREATE Khameleon? :D I'm just looking forward to pitting Liu Kang against all of the major bosses in the game. o_0
I could do that...Put the MK team needs to get off their ass and PUT Khameleon in the games!!! And personally Liu Kang needs to stay dead. He finally dies only to still come back lookin like Micheal Jackson from thriller......Although he was awsome in the opening movie of armageddon...I saw it...

Hydra
09-22-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm just amazed they didn't forget Kai. They even gave him a new look too. :D

wingman
09-25-2006, 09:07 PM
is smoke and shadow still in it.

Hydra
09-25-2006, 10:11 PM
Smoke is in it. Basically anyone who's been in Mortal Kombat is in it.

Garnet_Dagger
09-26-2006, 05:51 PM
Smoke is in it. Basically anyone who's been in Mortal Kombat is in it.
Execpt for Khameleon -_-''

Hydra
09-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Execpt for Khameleon -_-''
That's where "Kreate a Fighter" plays it's role. ^_^

dappa
10-13-2006, 08:17 AM
I have only played the old mortal kombats I only really enjoy mk3, umk3 or mortal kombat trilogy. I'm not into these new ones. From time to time I dig out my old copies of mk3 and have a go.

Slider
10-13-2006, 08:37 AM
MK4, Triology , Sub Zero
The first 2 were fun for me!

I remember a traveling friend that was gonna bring me something I think was called MK Gold (or Silver or something like that) but instead I got the original

:D :D FF8 :D :D