PDA

View Full Version : downloading

richboywonder
09-17-2006, 10:49 PM
what will happen if i download something on my computer like a game.can something bad happen.

Hydra
09-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Depends.

I'll download anything, but I have a virus protector (ZoneAlarm), which runs a daily check of all my files, and sees if any Trojan Horses are running around. As long as you check it out before and after you download it, go right ahead. The only thing it'll hurt is your memory, to download and play it. :D

richboywonder
09-17-2006, 11:01 PM
i don't think i have a virus protecter.can you download one.

Hydra
09-17-2006, 11:04 PM
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/lng/us/tpl/v5#avg-free

For good reference, ask other members about this. I use AVG and ZoneAlarm, but I'm low on memory, so I'm sure there are way better ones. All of those are for Windows, mine you. If you want a simple and easy one, click on the very first one and install it. It's for Windows. If you don't have Windows, scroll down and there'll be other types too.

richboywonder
09-17-2006, 11:08 PM
have to wait 5minutes to install.and how do you get more memory.

Hydra
09-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Clear your cache, delete anything you don't need, things like that. But really though, you might want to wait and get another persons opinion also after you download it. I'm not the all knowing computer type. XD

richboywonder
09-17-2006, 11:15 PM
what the.i can't install it.it says i have to ask my administrator before installing.how do i do that.

Hydra
09-17-2006, 11:17 PM
Any other users on your computer might have to look at it before you install it.

darkshadow2247
09-17-2006, 11:51 PM
You really don't know much do you?

Meh, use AVG like Hydra said. I also use Ad-Aware availabe from the Lavasoft website.

Chances are you won't need more memory, but if you do, delete anything that you don't need off of your computer. Also, go to start>programs>accessories>sytem tools> disk clean-up. Run that, and it'll compress your files to free up memory.

You need administrative rights to install anything on a computer. To do so, log on as either one of your parents or have your parents install it for you.

I recommend that you learn a bit about your computer. It's kindof important to be up on tachnology to survive in today's society. You don't have be a guru and know hacking and programming like me, but know how to operate your computer and be familiar with terminology and simple tasks. You'll thank yourself for it.

dappa
12-29-2006, 04:06 PM
That avg that hydra mentioned is sound but I use spybot to remove threats for adware.

Staircase
12-29-2006, 11:34 PM
This was an old thread, so i think he has figured it out by now, but Spybot and AVG are two totally different programs. Spybot cures spyware, AVG cleans viruses and some spyware. I have both of them and i highly recommend everybody here getting both AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy. Just google them and you should find out how to download them, if you can't just tell me and ill send you a download link for them.

jedi geoff
03-07-2007, 03:48 AM
lol but you cant download a virus protector got it will have a virus !!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

Slider
03-07-2007, 07:15 AM
This was an old thread, so i think he has figured it out by now, but Spybot and AVG are two totally different programs. Spybot cures spyware, AVG cleans viruses and some spyware. I have both of them and i highly recommend everybody here getting both AVG and Spybot Search and Destroy. Just google them and you should find out how to download them, if you can't just tell me and ill send you a download link for them.

Althought with less quality and precision, but Zone Alarm cures and scans for both ;) in addition to its own Firewall + it asks you whenever wether to allow or disable ANY net linked program + keeps a record of both of them (in case you change your mind about something) Add to all this Internet Lock + ID Lock + IM security (to avoid getting booted) all are options you can tamper with at ur wish!

By quality it's not the best, but it has great options! :)