PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria

Zeromus_X
09-28-2006, 10:08 PM
So, anyone even played the first Valkyrie Profile? xD

Well anyway, its prequel, Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria was released yesterday in the U.S., and as usual for tri-Ace games, I ate it all up. I played for about four hours yesterday. xD This one has fully refined battle system, but it's still similar to the original. The graphics and sound (Motoi Sakuraba ftw) are all spectacular, and hey, more Lezard!

So, if anyone has played the first game (or its PSP port, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth), I recommend buying and playing both games. If you've ever played any Star Ocean games or Radiata Stories, this is definitely worth a look.

As for PAL regions...I'm not sure when it will come out (when are we ever...). However, you can import Lenneth for the PSP, as handheld games are region-free it seems.

Yoko Kurama
09-29-2006, 10:46 AM
I've played Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth for the PSP, but I haven't beat it. The near the end fight with the really big Dragon is hard. If you've beat it could you help me out? I've been using really big items like Holy Crystals, Ice Crystals, etc.

Zeromus_X
09-29-2006, 11:14 AM
What Einherjar are you using? And yes, Bloodbane can be tough. :)

However, there is a combo of skills that can make any boss in the game (including Gabriel and Iseria Queen) easy as cake. Guts at level 8, and Auto-Item level 8 with Union Plume set at 100%. With this, if you do hit fatal HP, there's a good chance you'll survive with Guts, and even if you do die, you'll be revived by a Union Plume, so the only penalty is a used up turn for that revived character.

Certainly, the end-game/post-game bosses are tough enough to merit using this. But it's all up to you.

As for Bloodbane...remember, every 10 turns, he'll cast Heal on himself. So you have to kill him in 10 rounds, or else he'll just refill his HP again.

His 'Feel my flame' sequence of attacks hurts alot. But if the first claw strike is blocked by a Guard accessory, the whole combo will stop. So equip lots of those shield accessories.

My party was Lenneth, Aelia, Mystina, and Lyseria. The mages cast Mystic Cross, while Lenneth and Aelia attacks. My PWS chain was Nibelung Valesti->Celestial Star->Celestial Star->Dreaded Dragon. It took a few rounds, but I did it.

If and when you do beat the game, be sure to play through the bonus dungeon, the Seraphic Gate! And, if you haven't gotten the A Ending yet, it wouldn't be a bad idea to play through the game again with a guide to secure it...it makes one fine RPG story with the A Ending. :)

Edit: Remember, you dont' absolutely need to beat Bloodbane. But you do get a nice powerful sword, Laventine if you do beat him. Of course, you can just go straight to the final boss now without even fighting him.

Yoko Kurama
10-02-2006, 10:24 AM
I do use auto item ability, and I have union plume and elixer set 100%. I'll try it again. I haven't played for a while, but I'll try to name my party.....Lenneth, of course, Suo (I think)
, Arngrim, and the old mage,.... I can't remember.

Zeromus_X
10-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Gandar? Or Lorenta?

Yoko Kurama
10-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Gandar, that's the name. I would use another mage, but they're all low level.

Hydra
10-03-2006, 06:55 PM
:O

About to take this game for a spin, as well as NBA 2k7. Probably going to blow through this one first. Or at least try. Anyone have any tips before I start?

Zeromus_X
10-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Remember to experiment with Runes. Runes build skills in VP2. I'm almost at the end of the game, and I've hardly changed my Runes at all, so you can imagine how tough it's been.

The first two chapters are like practice. They're very short (like, go through them in your first play session), but after that, the game's difficulty 'spikes', and it becomes much harder. Don't give up hope, just keep playing on until Chapter Five. Then, the difficulty decreases a bit.

Don't use the story characters instead of Einherjar. Some story members leave the party due to story events, although if you do proceed to insanely powerlevel them (and I mean,insane-the-game-was-not-meant-to-be-played-this-way-insane), you do get broken equipment and items that pretty much make the game a joke. I haven't done that though, maybe the second playthrough, with a guide. The game can get really frustrating, but don't give up.

Get used to the battle system. It's actually pretty fun, however, some boss battles can take a very long time. Learn to use it to your advantage. Luckily, the tutorial is very informative.

Use Rufus. Well, you don't have to, but he's practically the only story character that stays with you for almost every battle (except one, but by then it doesn't matter...), and he's awesome. If tri-Ace can make a badass archer character, then they can do anything!

Learn to use Sealstones. You won't encounter them until the third chapter, but they're the key to solving puzzles in dungeons and turning battles to your favor.

Go through the bonus dungeons in chapter three. They aren't too tough, but they provide experiences and key items that allow you to carry more Sealstones and execute more attacks. The dungeons are unlocked by talking to certain NPC villagers, so just talk to everyone you meet (most of the NPCs have interesting things to say anyway).

Whew, that's all. I'm at Chapter Five now. I'm stuck on a particularly big boss fight, so I'm taking a break now.

Oh, and it's worth it to get through Chapter Four for the awesome story.

Edit: Also, it would be good if you finished the A Ending of Valkyrie Profile (Lenneth), so you don't get all confuddled with the story (although it is a prequel...well, you'll see.)

Hydra
10-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Wow. :D

I just finished defeating the Wyvern and gaining two new party members. And now I'm stuck. -_-"