PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII?

Unknown Kaze
10-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Isnt it time for a Forum for Final Fantasy XII? its coming out next week and theres a wealth of info on it already.

Yggdrasill
10-25-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm pretty sure they'll make a forum for it once it's out in America.
It's just too bad Europe get it March 2007. :(

Staircase
10-25-2006, 10:57 PM
wow, that does suck for Europe doesnt it? Well i pre-ordered the collectors edition, and i'm so excited for Halloween to come, cant wait for it any longer.

Zeromus_X
10-25-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm sure Shaggy will make a new forum when it comes out...well, he should anyway.

Yep, yay! Can't wait for it! I'm glad I don't get so excited over upcoming games until near the time they're going to be released, as I'd go crazy otherwise. :)

Hydra
10-28-2006, 09:54 AM
If Halloween is on Tuesday, the 31st is right around the corner. :) Now I just need to find the time to pick it up. XD

Arkacia
10-30-2006, 06:35 AM
I'm sure Shaggy will make a new forum when it comes out...well, he should anyway.

What am I, an egg yolk? :p

Forum created, have fun folks :).

Slider
10-30-2006, 07:20 AM
Alright then LET'S TALK THE **** OUT OF US ABOUT IT? SPOILERS MIGHT BE INCLUDED (NOT STORYLINE THOUGHT)
I checked it out on wiki, and the first impresion i got from it's cover was a star wars (or trek either way i'm not a fan of that stuff) theme.
Here's a small quote about the soundtracks:
"The disc will contain 31 songs, including Angela Aki's Kiss Me Goodbye. The 31 songs represent the 31 days of October, leading up to the Final Fantasy XII game release"
like FF11 the transition between World map and batle is almost non-existing, soundtrack "usually" doesn't change after transition.
New ADB battle system which is Active Dimension Battle.
There's a wait time for commands which varies from one to another to preform it depending on the Command/ Magic/ Skill etc...
I LOVE THIS PART, realisticly like FF8, MONEY ISN'T DROPPED BY MONSTERS ANYMORE YAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! They're going back on the right track again!
However there are several new ways to gain money like preforming tasks, hunting "wanted monsters"
Ethers/Espers will make apperance as summonings (*looks at the smiling Zeromus :) )
Airships aren't left it out in this one as well, MP is in it as well........
from what I understand, it seems you can improve your Limit Breaks, but here's the thing, it's not just by gaining new ones, but by speeding up the same one itself and improving it's capabilities.
There's much more to know about it's Liscence system as well as the Gambit System.
A short storyline spoiler is that the game begins in the same place as FF tactics.

Well that's my short summary about the game ENJOY :D
btw, did anyone get to try out its early released demo?

Staircase
10-30-2006, 10:46 AM
I got to try out the demo, It was very interesting. I think all of it is a nice change to the FF environment. Cant wait for tomorrow!!!!

ThroneofDravaris
10-30-2006, 12:02 PM
sigh @ Oz not getting it until next year. I mean I could easily just import it (go go mod chips being legal in Australia) but right now I have higher import priorities like Xenosaga Episode III and Tales of the Abyss, which probably won't see a PAL release at all.

Spec Highwind
10-30-2006, 02:33 PM
You lucky americans :(

Zeromus_X
10-30-2006, 09:05 PM
I don't think there's any solid proof that it's the same Ivalice, at least, none that I've heard of.

I did play the demo that came with Dragon Quest VIII, though it wasn't very much.

Thanks Arkacia! xD

I should be able to purchase the game on Wendesday.

C_Dub
10-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I remember hearing that you see a char or two from final fantasy tactics... can't say if it is true or not, thats just what i remember reading... think it was from gamespot

Zeromus_X
10-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Montblanc and his brother from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance; however, this does not mean the games take place in the same Ivalice.

Unknown Kaze
10-31-2006, 01:22 PM
I cant believe I have to wait for it to come out in March next year. We Europeans are so delayed.....

Yggdrasill
11-01-2006, 05:08 PM
They could release it in the UK in November if instead of putting about 10 languages on it just shoved it into PAL format and released it. I mean why would anyone in the UK need the other languages? I would Import it but....Freeloader pretty much sucks.

Spec Highwind
11-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Hunf.... In Portugal it is released in English. That's really annoying.

darkshadow2247
11-02-2006, 12:43 AM
I haven't much time to play it since I bought it. I'm at the Giza Plains right now.

Zeromus_X
11-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Heh, I was a bit overwhelmed by the expansiveness. There's so many NPCs too! There actually seem to be as many people walking around as there were in the FMV. xD

Yggdrasill
11-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Is FFXII's battle-system good?
I wish it was a actual real-time battle system rather than what it's currently like.
Oh well, guess I'll wait by playing FFIII DS, which i'm importing on the 14th of November. :D

Phoenix Flame
11-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Past the Giza plains, into the belly of Rabanastre castle almost out the other end...

Graphics are great.

Battle system leaves something to be desired.

By far, the most difficult beginning of any FF game - the free roaming (think Zelda: Ocarina of Time) makes walking around new territories dangerous most of the time.

I can't stand the camera angles. They don't just take some getting used to - they really stink IMO.

Garnet_Dagger
11-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Past the Giza plains, into the belly of Rabanastre castle almost out the other end...

Graphics are great.

Battle system leaves something to be desired.

By far, the most difficult beginning of any FF game - the free roaming (think Zelda: Ocarina of Time) makes walking around new territories dangerous most of the time.

I can't stand the camera angles. They don't just take some getting used to - they really stink IMO.

Yeah, I just got into the royal palace. Does anyone besides me have trouble with the battle system? I'm starting to get used it. But one thing that bugs me is how annoying the enemies can get.

They can attack in packs of 5 draining away your health and they even attack while you're taking a potion..>_<...I don't want to die being eaten alive by rats T_T...Another thing is how slow it is to level up. I've been playing off and on for three days and I'm only at level 5.... :(

Other than that, I'm enjoying the game alot :)

Zeromus_X
11-04-2006, 01:41 PM
To make engagements go faster, increase the battle speed to the max, and if you want, set the battle mode to active.

I've been playing for twelve hours and my characters are at level 16, disregarding guest characters, who are usually at a higher or lower level than your characters.

You can start power-leveling at the Lhusu Mines, up until the teens; try to get a big chain going fighting the skeletons there on the second bridge. After I had slain around 150 skeletons, I had 89 Bone Fragments and 40 Dark Stones. I promptly sold them all to gain 19,000 Gil, and my characters had lots of License Points.

Shopping time.

I'm not saying you absolutely have to do this, but it helps. The only reason I leveled up in the first place was because I thought you had to win a boss battle there...when in fact I was just supposed to escape. :(

In addition, if you want the camera to stay on your leaders current target, hold down L2. Though I prefer the battle camera to be on an overhead view, so I can see my characters gang up on an unsuspecting monster and the flying numbers that ensue.

Garnet_Dagger
11-06-2006, 02:41 AM
I've gotten use to the battle system now. I've been playing for 7 hrs total and I'm at level 8. I fel like a loser because it took me 4 tries to beat the damn Mimic Queen. Those little Tiny mimic bastards just kept nipping at my party...It turned out that I needed to switch a few Gambits around to finally beat her...>_>...Vaan still died in the battle though, while Fran and Balflear saved the day... :D

Phoenix Flame
11-06-2006, 11:05 PM
I've gotten use to the battle system now. I've been playing for 7 hrs total and I'm at level 8. I fel like a loser because it took me 4 tries to beat the damn Mimic Queen. Those little Tiny mimic bastards just kept nipping at my party...It turned out that I needed to switch a few Gambits around to finally beat her...>_>...Vaan still died in the battle though, while Fran and Balflear saved the day... :D

I was a tad overleveled for that battle...I nuked her in one quickening...more or less. I played at the Lhusu mines for like 6 hours. It was so much fun beating the crap out of the skeletons. LOL!

Now I'm at the Sandsea - wow, an ocean made out of granulated sand. Looks sweet! If FF's were real I think I would have to live out there. Can't wait to get to the Tomb across the sand.

Zeromus_X
11-06-2006, 11:23 PM
Beware reason, the Sandsea is huge. Keep an eye out for an enemy called 'Salamander Entite', it will surely kill your party if you provoke it (it'll react to you if you cast any magicks). It's guarding a dungeon that you aren't supposed to reach until later in the game.

Also, enjoy the humorous parallels to Star Wars.

Can't wait to get to the Tomb across the sand.

I'm sure that Demon Wall will enjoy meeting you as well. :)

C_Dub
11-07-2006, 02:00 AM
I just reached the Henne Mines (like 24 hours into the game) and my chars are lvl 25. The levelling picks up when you hit the teens and the game starts to get really fun... a thing i found out is that there are Notorious Monsters like Final fantasy 11.. and i found out that marks are very hard lol

Phoenix Flame
11-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Beware reason, the Sandsea is huge. Keep an eye out for an enemy called 'Salamander Entite', it will surely kill your party if you provoke it (it'll react to you if you cast any magicks). It's guarding a dungeon that you aren't supposed to reach until later in the game.

Also, enjoy the humorous parallels to Star Wars.

I'm sure that Demon Wall will enjoy meeting you as well. :)

I noticed the parallels also!!! That's too funny! Oh, and I beat those Salamanders...it comes with leveling up way too much in the Lhusu mines! :p I loved that place. I think I'm at level 24 and just got to the tomb last night.

Zeromus_X
11-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Oh yes, farming Bone Fragments and experience is ftw.

But level 24? Jeez! :p

C_Dub
11-07-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm stayin @ Henne mines for a long time :p i wanna get all my chars lvled up and have gear so i pwn

Staircase
11-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Agreed, The mines are teh pwn. I'm gonna stay here until my characters are at least level 20. ;)

Phoenix Flame
11-09-2006, 07:43 AM
Hey! Did you all know that you can level up at the beginning of the game (by only using Vaan) and when other's join you they join at or above your level? Ex: Using only Vaan, you chain all the wolves in the Eastersand, then move to anywhere you get a decent weapon/armor from, then level up till you have two quickenings and fight the Werewolves that tore my Vaan in my current game a new one before I knew any better for big level gains (20-25+.) Then when other characters join the party, you get all that LP and their levels are 20-25 also!!! I think I'll try that on my next playthough...unless I restart for giggles. =)

darkshadow2247
11-09-2006, 01:52 PM
I totally just had a 12 hit Quickening Combo.

Phoenix Flame
11-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Did that give you Ark Blast...or something different?

Max the Man
11-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm level 15-16 right now and the second Demon Wall's a pain in the ass. I need it to stop being annoying. And get something that protects me from sleep.

darkshadow2247
11-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Did that give you Ark Blast...or something different?
Nah. I've had Inferno, Cataclysm, and Windburst. Skipped right over torrent. I have 3 people with level 2 Quickenings and 1 Person with level 1 quickening.

Zeromus_X
11-10-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm level 15-16 right now and the second Demon Wall's a pain in the ass. I need it to stop being annoying. And get something that protects me from sleep.

Berserk will help greatly. My strategy was to blast him with a Quickening chain, and cast Berserk on my two melee fighters (Basch and Vossler). That, with my party at level 21 or so, quickly took down the first Demon Wall. It's worth it for the Demonsbane Sword that you can get from a treasure pot where the north and south hidden stairway passages meet. However, you can sometimes get something else, so you may need to try a few times if you really want to get the sword.

It seems now I have to go to this one mountain. And yay, Larsa is back! And his wonderful limitless supply of Hi-Potions...

Phoenix Flame
11-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Yes, yes...Larsa's good for that - at least. I ended up starting a new quest. Going to level up Vaan till around lvl 20 and then proceed in the storyline.

Anyone get the items...don't know the name of em - that give you better drops from different sorts of enemies?

Haven't enough gil to bother right now.

Lyde Lyde
11-11-2006, 12:03 AM
It seems now I have to go to this one mountain. And yay, Larsa is back! And his wonderful limitless supply of Hi-Potions...

and X-potions. This game seems to be a lot harder than all the other FFs I've played except for IV which also gave me a hard time, but it's all for the better, it makes me think better. I would think that this thread would get an entirely new thread based on the date of the first post, but anyway so far I love this game I'm currently at a snowy mountain with larsa, I won't spoil anything for you, but the story is engaging and well put together. I only wished that Square could sometimes make more masculine looking characters. Vaan and Larsa are so adrogynous, especially Larsa, I seriously though he was a girl the first time I saw him. Other than that this game is great, the license board sytem is great, I think I don't ever the get the spells I need on time, I guess because I'm really Frugal i mean penelo has 844 points and I only make her spend 40 at a time all my characters have at least 600 points on the board, I don't why I'm so frugal, is anyone else here like that too?

Zeromus_X
11-11-2006, 12:58 AM
reason: They're called Grimoires! :) They are very helpful, or so I've heard, I don't have any yet.

Larsa can hit things too. :p

Lyde: Hah! I thought 'Lamont' was a short woman the first time I saw him! It didn't help matters that nobody referred to him as a 'he' or anything until much later. xD

Unfortunately he doesn't use X-Potions too often for me. :/

Just killed the Elder Wyrm. Man, that thing was tough. Luckily the magic shops are overflowing with new spells, like Curaga, Haste (!!), and Esuna. Those are probably the most useful magicks I have right now. I'm considering farming more Coeurl Pelts, as they sell very, very well, and the Coeurls drop multiple pelts only a short while into a chain!

Berserk + Haste = Uber-Basch.

Staircase
11-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Larsa is a MAN?!?!!?!!??!?!!?

Wha....

OK... Thats kinda interesting. I also thought it was a girl.

FantasyFanatic
11-11-2006, 03:26 PM
It's a really good idea to use Larsa and go on hunts. He can really make things a lot easier on you.

darkshadow2247
11-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Anyone get the items...don't know the name of em - that give you better drops from different sorts of enemies?

You mean the book from the bazaar? I got it. Almost ever item drops an item.

Zeromus_X
11-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Sochen Cave Palace has the greatest theme/is the greatest dungeon so far.

I may try to fight Zeromus tomorrow. I hear he's really difficult, and seals your ability to cast spells when you fight him! But it'll be so worth it to cast Big Bang monsters. xD

Lyde Lyde
11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
I'm really confused on what I'm supposed to do in the Stillshrine of Mithriam. I press the one switch and it doesn't do anything, but summon zombies. I can't even leave until I kill them all and they're a little difficult. Should I try to to read the ibnscription again after I defeat the zombies?

Zeromus_X
11-13-2006, 12:04 AM
You need to equip the Dawn Shard to your party leader, and then press the switch, Lyde. :)

Though if you're strong enough to kill the zombies with ease, you can build up a good chain by abusing the trap. :p

darkshadow2247
11-13-2006, 12:06 AM
I love how you use the term abuse. Ha!

Zeromus_X
11-13-2006, 12:08 AM
It reminds me of the treasure chest traps in FFI, where you could get easy money and experience just by standing in front of the chests and fighting the monsters. :p

darkshadow2247
11-13-2006, 01:03 AM
It reminds me of the treasure chest traps in FFI, where you could get easy money and experience just by standing in front of the chests and fighting the monsters. :p
Who doesn't love exploitation? Money is so much easier to come by in this FF.

That reminds me, does loot serve any purpose other than selling them to stores, making money off of them, and creating bazaar items???

Zeromus_X
11-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Well, I know that Teleport Stones allow you to transport to any Orange Crystal you've touched before, and Gysahl Greens allow you to ride this wild Chocobo (I've only seen it near Phon Coast though, not the Black Chocobo in the Ozmone Plains), but I think the rest of the loot is just for selling. I was hoping the different elemental stones/crystals/Magicite would do something though.

Well, selling certain kinds of loot unlocks different Bazaar items, of course.

darkshadow2247
11-13-2006, 02:39 AM
Good stuff. I sold everything I had excepts my teleport crystals. :P

Staircase
11-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Who doesn't love exploitation? Money is so much easier to come by in this FF.
Much, much esier to come by. Just go to Rabanaster and get huge chains on wolves. Its bad exp, but you get tons of cash fast.

Off topic:
Love your user title Zeromus.
"I'm captain basch"
LOL

Phoenix Flame
11-14-2006, 01:36 PM
If you can survive it - stealing fromthe Bomb King nets you about 90K gil in an hour - steal, leave and go to the gate crystal, re-enter, steal - repeat as much as you'd like. He's also guards the path to the zodiac spear - provided you left certain chests alone in the beginning of the game.