PDA

View Full Version : Digimon

Seyluv
10-31-2006, 10:17 PM
What do you guys think about Digimon? :D

It used to be my favorite TV show when I was a kid, but then when I went to High School and grew out of it. Anyway I was bored the other day and was watching the movie, and now I think I knida back into it. I never knew this but Digimon is a lot like Final Fantasy.

Zeromus_X
10-31-2006, 10:21 PM
Oh, bless you.

I liked it up until the fourth season. I felt they could've just ended it at the third season. Which I never got to see the final episode of. ;_;

Staircase
10-31-2006, 10:27 PM
I remember watching that when i was younger. I never really got into pokemon, but i did watch digimon. I liked it intill they went back to their time, and digimon took over. I really didn't like the city setting of it.

Seyluv
10-31-2006, 10:43 PM
Oh, bless you.

I liked it up until the fourth season. I felt they could've just ended it at the third season. Which I never got to see the final episode of. ;_; I have the final episode of season three on tape, but I didn't even get to see the second half of the last season. The last one was pretty dumb and a little childish.

ThroneofDravaris
10-31-2006, 11:39 PM
The only season that I really considered above average was the 3rd season. The first season was decent enough to get me to watch it (although at 12 or so that wasn’t hard) but didn’t really offer anything spectacular. The second season featured a cast of extremely unlikable characters and degenerated significantly half way through, leading to a rather lackluster ending. The third season however, instead of re-hashing the original like the second season, changed the premise of the series entirely. The series featured far more science-fiction elements than it’s previous fantasy-oriented incarnations, sported a more limited but far more likable cast and was in general far darker and thoughtful. By the time they got to the fourth season though, they had obviously run out of ideas. Not only was the basic plot recycled from the first season but the removal of ‘partner digimon’ made the series too similar to every other ‘children with superpowers’ anime/cartoon out there. Plus most of it was just plain f***ing stupid.

Seyluv
11-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Yeah i agree, the third seasons was my favorite too.

Xartex
11-01-2006, 05:19 AM
Never really watched Digimo, when I was in that age it was pokemon for me, and when Digimon started I had already grown out of it, so I have never really seen, it, but it looks ok

Arkacia
11-01-2006, 07:01 AM
The only season that I really considered above average was the 3rd season. The first season was decent enough to get me to watch it (although at 12 or so that wasn’t hard) but didn’t really offer anything spectacular. The second season featured a cast of extremely unlikable characters and degenerated significantly half way through, leading to a rather lackluster ending. The third season however, instead of re-hashing the original like the second season, changed the premise of the series entirely. The series featured far more science-fiction elements than it’s previous fantasy-oriented incarnations, sported a more limited but far more likable cast and was in general far darker and thoughtful. By the time they got to the fourth season though, they had obviously run out of ideas. Not only was the basic plot recycled from the first season but the removal of ‘partner digimon’ made the series too similar to every other ‘children with superpowers’ anime/cartoon out there. Plus most of it was just plain f***ing stupid.

I'm the opposite. Really liked the first two seasons, but tuned out halfway through the third disappointed. It tried to do too much in my opinion and became very confusing very quickly.

John Smith
11-01-2006, 07:40 AM
I'm the opposite. Really liked the first two seasons, but tuned out halfway through the third disappointed. It tried to do too much in my opinion and became very confusing very quickly.

I liked the first 2 ones better too, although my favourite of all was the 1st one :p

I don't like the 3rd much. Not enough action :D

I never watched the 4th one :(

Spec Highwind
11-01-2006, 08:37 AM
I loved it! I was reaaaally addicted to it, when I was a kid... I only watched the first 3 seasons, though...

John Smith
11-01-2006, 11:30 AM
when I was a kid...

*cough cough*

So you're an adult now? :D

Spec Highwind
11-01-2006, 01:48 PM
* When I was EVEN MORE a kid

Seyluv
11-01-2006, 04:49 PM
To me in some ways it is similar to Final Fantasy. But of course Final Fantasy is more grown up then, it.

John Smith
11-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Agreed :p
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

* When I was EVEN MORE a kid

That's better :)

Avathar
11-01-2006, 05:49 PM
To me in some ways it is similar to Final Fantasy. But of course Final Fantasy is more grown up then, it.

How is Digimon similar to Final Fantasy?

But, then again, I couldn't judge, since I hardly remember anything from Digimon. D:

Spec Highwind
11-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Well... it has a kind of complex storyline, like final fantasy

Avathar
11-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Lolol

Staircase
11-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Lolol
OMG, Your back!!
Welcome back from your long absence, hows life treatin ya?

Spec Highwind
11-01-2006, 06:05 PM
And hum... there's a girl named Sora in Digimon, and a guy named Sora in Kingdom Hearts, which has some final fantasy characters :P

Avathar
11-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Those are some crappy vague similarities. :P

Seyluv
11-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Well i don't know. I never played that game.

Kat
11-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Lol,yea i remember digimon.
when i was little i didn't really understand it,but i liked watching them transform and all that kewl stuff :rolleyes:

John Smith
11-02-2006, 08:25 AM
*cough cough*

So you're an adult now? :D

:D

Anyway, Digimon and FF can be similar in other stuff.

For example, in Digimon, the Digimons evolve to have higher power and defence. In FF, you have GFs or Aeons, or whatever you want to call them, that give you more attack power and give you some new cool abilities =D :D

ThroneofDravaris
11-02-2006, 08:56 AM
Yeah, you're really reaching there.

dappa
11-02-2006, 03:14 PM
How is Digimon similar to Final Fantasy?

But, then again, I couldn't judge, since I hardly remember anything from Digimon. D:

Some of these games are turn based adventure games and have similar traits to final fantasy like your stats and the elemental properties but it aint in the same league as final fantasy.

As for the t.v series I have watched the odd episode. I prefer it to pokemon. One badguy had me howling with laughter. He was a monkey that dressed as elvis and his attack was a bad elvis song impersonation.

Spec Highwind
11-02-2006, 04:30 PM
The Digimon RPGs were GREAT!

Avathar
11-02-2006, 08:28 PM
Some of these games are turn based adventure games and have similar traits to final fantasy like your stats and the elemental properties but it aint in the same league as final fantasy.

You might have mentioned you were talking about the Digimon GAME. :P

John Smith
11-02-2006, 08:41 PM
I thought that the original idea for this thread was about the seriesm not the game :rolleyes:

Seyluv
11-03-2006, 12:25 AM
It is about the series, not the game. Of course the digimon game I really want is that digital card battle.

Sleazer
10-10-2007, 04:22 PM
Digimon was cool when i watched it back then. But dont think i could watch it again it would be to boring .

Doctor
10-12-2007, 02:12 AM
Ah, Digimon, the bane of the evil that is Pokemon.

Gatomon>Pikachu

I was there to watch the series since it first started...I can't even remember how old I was. XD; But up until the third season ended, the series was like a magical dream...I loved Digimon. XDDD That's all I can say. =3

Bonesplitter
10-13-2007, 11:43 PM
what got me in to Degimon was the frist season, i loved it so much and i was so sad to see it end...the other seasons i didnt get in to that much. but i liked with what they did in the last season, it was very differnt from what the other seasons they have done

blackstar
10-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Ive got to agree i must admit that i am an obsessive pokemon fan as well. But digimon had that surreal quality to the fact that (well the 1st season did) that they had no idea what was going on and nothing made sense an Alice in Wonderland if you will.

Isaac Dead Space
11-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Never cared much for it myself TBH. But I know a lot of people who grew up watching it. It had some sort of cult admiration to it, even if it was overshadowed by Pocket Monsters at the time.

Garnet_Dagger
12-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Pokemon never had monsters with bouncy boobies.....

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c358/biggiest/Gifs/rosemon.gif

God bless you Rosemon. Yep, I still watch Digimon and Love it. Season 3 was my favorite. I've been watching the 5th season.

froggboy604
05-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Digimon is a good anime. I enjoy that digimon because the anime Computer generated animation look very 3d and realistic. The chracters are so cute, too.