PDA

View Full Version : 1st person in my timezone???

Phoenix Flame
11-01-2006, 12:24 AM
I waited in line for over an hour to get my copy of XII. I had it reserved, but didn't want to wait till 1am to get it. So as soon as the clock struck 12am CST - I had my grubby little mits on a copy of the collector's edition and the limited edition strategy guide. Sweet! I got princess Ashe as a cover. She's purdy. :)

Zeromus_X
11-01-2006, 12:33 AM
I have the Mountain Time Zone. So this just means if Shaggy doesn't get it before me, I'll be victorious! :)

I still have to wait until tomorrow. ;_; Oh the suspense!

John Smith
11-01-2006, 07:26 AM
You guys are luck. I'll have to wait until March. AT LEAST X_X =(

Spec Highwind
11-01-2006, 08:39 AM
... me too :(

Xartex
11-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Same here :'(
It sucks

My hero Squall
11-01-2006, 12:32 PM
I don't know when I have to wait till, I know its next year sometime, Australia game stores still don't have a release date. :(

Zeromus_X
11-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm pretty sure PAL territories get it in February. :)

John Smith
11-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

Isn't Europe envolved by PAL? :(

Yggdrasill
11-01-2006, 05:02 PM
PAL, Which is basically Europe and Australia get it February 2007:

http://play.com/Games/PlayStation2/4-/183636/Final_Fantasy_XII/Product.html

23rd of February to be exact.

Spec Highwind
11-01-2006, 05:06 PM
February? :D

Unknown Kaze
11-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Thats still aeons away.....

Spec Highwind
11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
4 months... that's not aeons away... I waited 9 months to be born.

Unknown Kaze
11-01-2006, 05:32 PM
but you werent physically aware of the wait. This is like needing the toilet really bad and then finding out the nearest toilet is 4 miles away.... O.o

Spec Highwind
11-01-2006, 05:34 PM
O.O Well... you could forget the toilet, and do what you have to do right there... this is a bit worse... But we'll have hope...

John Smith
11-01-2006, 05:42 PM
:O

Who said it was gonna be in March? :D

Still, it's a lot of time...

Zeromus_X
11-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Eh, that's more like March anyway, the way they do that. I'd seriously consider importing if I were in PAL position.

I just picked it up today, and the nifty 'Collector's Edition' strategy guide. It sure is pretty. And giant! Like, Kingdom Hearts II and Star Ocean 3 giant. It also comes with a beautiful artbook.

Now, the game itself is pretty amazing. It's quite expansive. I don't think I've flipped out over a big beginning town since FFIX. They always seem to give special treatment to every third numbered game in the series. xD I'm barely at the beginning though (1 hour and 40 minutes, should give us an impression of how lengthly this game is!). The battle system takes some getting used to, but it is fun. But the one thing I'm enjoying above all else is the customization system! The License Board is very similar to the Sphere Grid. You have to save up LP (License Points) in battle, which are similar to AP, to activate licenses on the License Board. Nearly everything is licensed, spells, special techniques, and every type of equipment! After a license is activated, you can use that specific spell (s), item, or equipment, but you have to purchase it first of course. This gives great customization without being too overpowered, it seems. I like it.

In addition, there's also a clan where you can recieve missions (on the mission board) similar to the Final Fantasy Tactics games (which is fitting, considering FFXII is a Matsuno project). A moogle named Montblanc is even the clan leader! Also, monsters no longer drop Gil. This gives a sense of realism like FFVIII where you recieved a SeeD salary. Monsters do drop (and you can Steal) items which can be sold for money, in addition to the incentives of missions and monster hunts.

The story is also very remniscent of previous adventures in Ivalice...warring nations, political scandals, you name it. And I'm only like two hours in. xD The story has been pretty boring so far, but I'm sure that should change soon.

Well, I've typed enough, but I must say that any Final Fantasy fan shouldn't be disappointed. I'll be sure to give further thoughts as I go along. But I've played enough for today.

Edit: The bonus DVD in the 'Collector's Edition' Gamestop/EBGames package is also worth the extra ten dollars because of the wonderfully nostalgic 'History of Final Fantasy' featurette, which goes over the entire series! SE is really using all thier effort to make this game worth it for old school fans and new players alike.

darkshadow2247
11-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Note the License Point system is like the AP system in X-2, not X. In X, you earned AP as you gained experience. In X-2, you earned AP as you defeated monsters.

Xartex
11-02-2006, 04:13 AM
Since I live in a PAL area I would have to chip my ps2 if I were going to play imported games, and I've never been bothered doing so, wich is why I'm going to wait.

Btw, gotta finish DQ8 and the KH2 before I buy the game

darkshadow2247
11-03-2006, 03:41 PM
6 hours into the game and I'm still underground -.-

The story is unfolding nicely. A lot of blanks are filled in within the beginning of the game. The gambit and license system is really easy once you get the hang of it.

Note that when you first get the Gambit system on the Giza Plains, you can't customize it. You get the customize option once you reach the Garamsythe Waterway. I seriously freaked out and thought I had a shitty game cause I couldn't customize it. I googled and everything.

Phoenix Flame
11-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Gambit system takes some getting used to...I primarily only use it for healing/curing status ailments. Steal doesn't work to well...unless there's a better way than what I've tried.

Anyone found a good gambit system that includes steal that doesn't automatically steal for EVERY action???

C_Dub
11-09-2006, 01:01 PM
i'm now 30 hours into the game stuck on a fight in some temple, and i havn't used gambits much, just for attacking and cureing so far but i intend to use them when i get the gambits i want.