PDA

View Full Version : The sphere grid

Gumdrop
12-19-2004, 09:06 AM
I always liked the sphere grid, I thought it was a good and imaginitive system, but I noticed many people feel differently and did not like it, what do you all think of it? good or bad?

FFnut
12-19-2004, 01:58 PM
A lot of people hated it because they didn't understand it. Once you understood it, though, it became way too easy to abuse (giving Auron Quick Hit and teaching Yuna Ultima were some of my greatest ideas) but it was still fun overall. It was better than the X-2 levelling/ability system though, because whatever you did in X-2 became almost worthless once you changed classes.

Shaggy
12-19-2004, 03:13 PM
I really liked the sphere grid on X. It was a new twist to FF..;) How could someone hate it, because it took some thinking?? :D

Gumdrop
12-19-2004, 04:09 PM
I really liked the sphere grid on X. It was a new twist to FF..;) How could someone hate it, because it took some thinking?? :D

I'm glad you two agree that it was great! its nice to meet people who agree on the same things :)
its natualy for people to hate what they don't understand I suppose, but I still find it lame :p
on an ffxii forum I go to somebody started a thread on how they thought the sphere grid sucked, and everyone was agreeing that it does suck!

ShadowHeart
01-10-2005, 08:18 AM
Well what can I say..

The sphere grid was certainly an interesting innovation. But I have one problem with it. There's just way too much to do if you want to max your characters. I don't know the real figures, but judging from the "how to max your characters" guides I've glanced at, it feels like it would take literally hundreds of hours to get anything close to maxed our characters. Sure, it makes it a challenge for the hardcore players.. but this is just extreme. To even stand a chance at some of the Dark Aeons and toughest Arena monsters, you need to spend so much time on the sphere grid that I decided it's in no way worth it to bother. The sphere grid is fine if you just want to play through the game and not bother about doing just about everything, other than that, it's simply too difficult and time consuming to get your characters strong enough to defeat all ther super bosses. Sure it's meant to be difficult to do so, but I feel FFX takes it way too far. I like to build up my characters, but just skimming through one FAQ about how to max your characters made me give up that idea entirely.

So I have kind of mixed feelings towards it. If you have enough time and patience to fill the sphere grid with all the best stat modifiers, I'm happy for you. But for me, it's a task beyond the possibility of completion. It took away the fun of building strong characters. I'm not saying it should be easy, but not THIS hard (or rather, time consuming!).

Kudos to you who had so much spare time and managed to build your sphere grid enough to beat all the super bosses. You have no lives :)

Gumdrop
01-10-2005, 07:43 PM
heh,heh I have no life ^_^'' my spere grid is full i have to use those eraser shere things if i want to empty it, and I beat those super bosses *sobs, I have no life*.

Quezacotl
01-14-2005, 10:25 PM
I perfected the Sphere Grid and beat all the Dark Aeons and Penance... and then my friend saved over my 300 hour game by accident. :p

I thought the sphere grid was a good system. It allowed for some sort of flexibility later, while still making all the characters somewhat different to begin with. And it makes the game entierly stat-based, which means you don't have to spend time buying new weapons from every shop every time... not that that's a bad thing in itself, but it was something different and quite fun to play around with.

Gumdrop
01-15-2005, 08:11 AM
oh my god I think I would have murdered your friend if I were you,lol!

Gunslinger
01-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Someone saved over an FF game of mine before....i went absolutly nuclear!!!

I personally thought the sphere-grid was great......true there was some work to be done to max everyone out, but King Tonberry is there to help with that..(it's not cheating!)

The problem i had with it was that once evryone was maxed out they were all exactly the same.....unlike 9 where all characters have very unique abilities.

I was a little worried at first that they had got rid of the leveling system but due to the scope and length of the game it makes sense.....you'd probably reach LVL100 after about 50 hours (out of 300)

I cant understand why people dont like it......... :confused:

ShadowHeart
01-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Takes too much of an effort to max or near max your characters. It's not supposed to be easy, but FFX takes it way too far. I'm not going to spend 200+ hours just to build my characters.. lol. Cut that by about 10 times and I could do it :)

Gumdrop
01-21-2005, 05:17 PM
it does take a while, I think it took me just over 100 hours (I spent an age training in the omega ruins, but its not hard to do, I think it makes an interesting alternitive to leveling up :D

Mong00se
02-15-2005, 12:02 AM
I never understood how to get more then 3 lvl 4 key spheres, so instead I just got Yuna to walk her path, then Lulu's. Tidus walked his path then Rikku's I think (or Kimahri's, but got steal from Rikku) and Auron walked his and Wakka's, getting all his abilities.

How do you get so many key spheres and friend spheres to open all the locks?

LoKuS
05-04-2005, 12:58 AM
The sphere grid is nice, but as someone stated above, it would take way to long to max out characters.

johnnylumpkin
05-14-2005, 07:04 PM
I didn't like it. It was confusing. :confused: :confused: :confused:

LoKuS
05-14-2005, 07:18 PM
I didn't like it. It was confusing. :confused: :confused: :confused:Not really, you get it after a few minutes.

twiztidclown
06-17-2005, 11:05 PM
i liked it because unlike in the other ff's everybody can learn everything in the other ones like VII (which is my fav) you vave to go look for matiera to teach anyone anything i thaught it was a great idea

Dark_PsycherV28
07-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Which sphere grid,the normal or the expert one : P ? the sphere grid rocks.It gives you enormous flexibility,keeps you very busy,and makes it harder to max chars than just kill kill kill kill hack slash killing monsters everywhere.Though you have to do a lot of that too.I think i was near the games end in 45 hours?Then it took me 100 hours in order to max my chars,get all celestial weapons and kill all Dark Aeons and Penance.The trick is first maxing the grid as it is.Nothing helps more than the Don Tonberry AP trick to that :cool:

Xartex
08-20-2005, 08:32 PM
it was a fun change from the normal levels but too much time... i've a game on around 100hours and i might continue that save som day.... if i can be bothered... but it is so much time

Lionheart250
08-25-2005, 03:08 PM
The Sphere Grid is awesome once you fight the King Cactuar inside the Battle Arena, becaus ewhen you fight him till' he runs away you get bunch of sphere grid level. So all you need to do is have Yuna on your team and with her life and phionex downs just keep on pressing traingle, execpt when someone dies, then you have to phionex down or life them.
And wait until he runs away and your sphere goes outta the ground. Anyways, if the sphere grid was dumb I would be saying, what crap was that game!!!
So just to say it, it was pretty awesome once you get used to it.

Ac][d-FyrE
08-28-2005, 12:32 AM
i reacon the sphere grid was oki, but if u wanted a gd custom char 2 suit u the complex grid was the wai 2 go

Lunatic Pandora
09-19-2005, 09:22 AM
The sphere grid was the best character advancement system to that date. It allows you to shape your characters into whatever you want. Who said a mage has to hit for 153 melee damage? Enter the sphere grid....

Totorosama
09-28-2005, 01:56 AM
The problem i had with it was that once evryone was maxed out they were all exactly the same.....unlike 9 where all characters have very unique abilities.
I agree. At the beginning and for players who aren't hard core, it works fine, but if you really push it, you can have all the characters having the same skills and stats, which isn't that fun. But all in all, I think it's a fair system, one that doesn't completely rely on weapons, which is more realistic.

leviathan's flare
11-06-2005, 11:24 AM
ei! it was confusing at first but when you really know how to go around the sphere grid it as "easy as pie!" i really i like it was a breath of fresh air for me because it was the cliche of leveling up! you know! it was bit of a challange though... and still not finished with the game!!^_^

leviathan's flare
11-06-2005, 11:26 AM
ei! it was confusing at first but when you really know how to go around the sphere grid it as "easy as pie!" i really i like it was a breath of fresh air for me because it was not a cliche of leveling up! you know! it was bit of a challange though... and still not finished with the game!!^_^

leviathan's flare
11-06-2005, 11:30 AM
if you really want your charachter to be different with each other don't max out the sphere grid!! joke!!

ShadowHeart
11-06-2005, 12:32 PM
Please use the "Edit" button in the bottom right corner of a post when you want to add something to a thread shortly after posting, instead of making a completely new post. Thanks.

水草Cloud
11-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I think sphere grid is quit very good.It's the best system in the history of FF.Do you wanna Yuna to be a thief or Tidus to learn white magic?.....The sphere grid will help you to realize it

Max the Man
11-08-2005, 03:00 PM
I got everyone but Kimhari to master most of the skills on their sphere grid... right now Tidus is being a white Mage, Kimhari and Yuna a thief, Rikku a black Mage, Lulu an oracle (Wakka's sphere grid) Wakka a samurai, and Auron a rougue!

Frost
11-14-2005, 05:23 PM
I love the sphere grid. It's unique and fun to work with (Until I move the wrong way and have to waste s.levels on getting back to the right spot). I also had fun giving Auron 400HP in a matter of minutes. :)

LoKuS
11-16-2005, 02:49 AM
It's good.

Mong00se
11-16-2005, 07:54 PM
It's good.

haha thank you for that one

LoKuS
11-17-2005, 02:48 AM
your welcome.

Totorosama
11-17-2005, 07:33 PM
Definitely unique and new. It was great, until Kimahri started lagging behind. BUt that' s my fault. Did anyone get Ultima? Pretty hard. But yeah, it does give more freedom in choice of skills and stats. Before, the only thing you could do was level up as best you could and try to learn the skills. That was about it. Now, you can choose your own.

Phoenix Flame
12-01-2005, 06:21 AM
I found the spere grid unbelievably huge at first, after I fought about 150 hours I wasn't impressed. Nemesis was a punk! He never even had a chance fighting a die hard RPG fan :) :D

Black Mage
12-12-2005, 09:27 PM
I loved the Shpere Grid.. It was a good addition to Final Fantasy. To tell the truth I had alot of fun getting shperes and placing them on places on the grid. I liked to see the different colors also HAHAHAHA!!

Phoenix Flame
12-15-2005, 04:25 AM
I loved the Shpere Grid.. It was a good addition to Final Fantasy. To tell the truth I had alot of fun getting shperes and placing them on places on the grid. I liked to see the different colors also HAHAHAHA!!

Hey BM...how far did you get into the whole leveling up/beating the original creations monsters? I found, after a while, that everything was too easy and made the game boring to play. :(

Black Mage
12-19-2005, 05:14 PM
Well I got pretty far into the game. Although sometimes I had gotten stuck on like 1 or 2 bosses.

Phoenix Flame
12-25-2005, 06:54 AM
I got so far into beating everything...I was going for a perfect game. I realized that you couldn't have 99,999 hp unless you used hp plus armor (this is unless you don't want to have 255 of every stat.) I chose to have around 100 luck for everyone, 255 of every other stat, and about 75,000 hp. Needless to say my guys were so sick I didn't even care what Nemesis did to me - it was like he was just sneezing in my direction...so, yeah! I just focused on getting my characters weapons and armors w/4 open/customizable slots so I could have cool auto-abilities but since they had so much speed I could go through the whole bunch w/o the enemy getting in so much as a punch.

I don't think I'll play it again anytime soon after that. But I still LOVE FFVII. :D

baralai
03-05-2006, 06:45 AM
i like it becouse i learn the attacks on a new set...

darkmajinvegeta
03-05-2006, 10:16 AM
sphere grides are good

Zeromus_X
03-05-2006, 06:20 PM
I ran out of power spheres from doing the Don Tonberry trick...of course, that's to be expected.

Even though it was such a great idea, it was quite easy to manipulate. (*cough* Don Tonberry*cough*stat maxing*cough*)

Crazi
04-10-2006, 08:21 PM
I think the sphere grid is an awesome idea, it allows you to customise ur characters abilities and skills to ur liking, but there is a down-side to that ... like the first time i picked up and played ffx .. i ended up with Tidus focused on magic and lulu focused on attacks, not the best idea i know >_< . But once you get used to it, its actually quite simple. (once you get the 99 warp spheres, then its simple as pie lol).

Avathar
04-11-2006, 07:08 AM
I think the Sphere Grid System is one of the best things Square ever came up with to use in a Final Fantasy. :D I loved it! :)

ShadowHeart
04-11-2006, 01:11 PM
I think it's way too time consuming and difficult for the people who don't want to invest a lifetime in building up your characters.. Customizability is good, at least to an extent, but I think I prefer a simpler system.

YuRiPa
04-13-2006, 10:42 AM
I liked the Sphere grid idea..i liked how all of your charecters could have all abilities :) so you don't have to have a specific person in your party to be able to heal or use black magic

darkshadow2247
06-05-2006, 11:16 PM
i loved the sphere grid idea. after my characters got a little developed and i saw how their stats balanced out, i actually spent an evening on the sphere grid mapping out their courses. everyone's "personal" skill grid ended somewhere and then you had to intrude upon someone else's. i intermixed mine to match their stats. my party was unstopable :P

Hydra
06-06-2006, 10:46 AM
lol...I just went along with it until I beat it. It was a pretty unique idea. :D

Seyluv
06-24-2006, 09:02 PM
It is a cool and easy way to learn abitilies. Plus you can chose which one to learn.

Phoenix Flame
08-03-2006, 01:36 AM
It is a cool and easy way to learn abitilies. Plus you can chose which one to learn.

...and which you do not want to learn. You never...ever need full-life. So other than stat-maxing, I don't ever bother removing all the Lvl 4 sphere locks around it!

I will change my original argument though. (several pages ago I said that stat maxing gives your characters the same feel and, other than the animation, everyone hits for the same damage, has the same defense, speed, abilities, etc (except Yuna w/summon and overdrives of course.)

But now - after a fresh dose of X in my system, I really enjoy the beginning of the game through to the Omega Ruins because everyone is unique. Wakka's accuracy makes him ideal to give a deathstrike weapon to. Yuna can be either a medic, a white mage/sorcerer/theif/tank... Auron is just a brute. Their personalities match up well with their specific sphere grids and that's a-ok w/me.

X has offically passed up VII in my book as my favorite rpg of all time. And that was not an easy thing to admit to ;)

dappa
10-23-2006, 08:48 AM
I think the spear grid is cool. I have just defeated the sanctuary keeper and I have yuna and lulu as thieves. My kimhari is currently down tidus's grid and I have yuna, rikku and auron stuck on their spear grid because I have no level 3 locks.

Kat
10-23-2006, 07:17 PM
lol,i like the sphere grid now that i understand it :D
it's kinda fun,that sad thing....it took me like 2 months to get the hang of it ^_^"

Spec Highwind
10-23-2006, 07:52 PM
The Sphere Grid wasn't bad... but now that I learned the Bare job secret in FFV... It rulles!
FFVII's materia system was great, too...

Yggdrasill
10-24-2006, 11:54 AM
The best ability system I think was FFIX's, I liked how each piece of equipment provided a different ability.
I didn't like the Sphere-grid at all because it took me a while to get the hang of it.

dappa
01-23-2007, 05:48 PM
One good thing about the sphere grid (especially the advanced grid) is that you have to really work to build super strong characters. Whereas other fantasys all you had to do was just level up til you got to level 99.

I liked the possibilities that the expert grid offered

blackstar
01-25-2007, 11:50 AM
I thought it was very innovative but honestly I was not a fan of X or X-2 so I never got very far. But yes I did like it.

Doctor
01-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I loved the sphere grid. I thought it was an interesting way to develop your characters. However sometimes I found it difficult to find the right spheres I needed, and I would go on for ages with characters who couldn't advance because I couldn't get an enemy to drop the right kind of sphere. That was the main annoyance factor in the system. XP

dappa
01-26-2007, 09:58 AM
The lack of fortune spheres did my head in. Unless you want to bribe fiends insane amounts of gil.

Phoenix Flame
01-27-2007, 02:47 AM
Who did you bribe to get fortune spheres...I thought you could only get them by fighting the bosses in the monster arena? :confused:

Kat
01-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Who did you bribe to get fortune spheres...I thought you could only get them by fighting the bosses in the monster arena? :confused:good question AND good point

Now my turn...i still can't find any Level 4 key-spheres >.<
my Yuna has 99 Sphere levels and i can't move her cuz i need a lv4 key-sphere for what im after its kinda annoying...

Hydra
01-27-2007, 11:14 PM
good question AND good point

Now my turn...i still can't find any Level 4 key-spheres >.<
my Yuna has 99 Sphere levels and i can't move her cuz i need a lv4 key-sphere for what im after its kinda annoying...
You can bribe two for 196,000 gil from Chimera Brains.

ultimecia
01-28-2007, 07:23 AM
i thought the sphere grid was a really good idea but i think there wasnt enough abilitieslearnt throughout the game especially for lulu and yuna not so bad for yuna being the summoner but i thought you should been able to learn extra aeons in the sphere grid or something and i thought it would be a god idea if the other characters could learn aeons but not as many as yuna so it didnt ruin the story. but yes i thought the sphere grid was a good idea a change from over used just leveling up system.

Phoenix Flame
01-30-2007, 06:16 PM
You can bribe two for 196,000 gil from Chimera Brains.

Hydra is correct...you may also steal them from Nemesis if you have him unlocked.

dappa
01-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Who did you bribe to get fortune spheres...I thought you could only get them by fighting the bosses in the monster arena? :confused:

Yeah your right on that one. My mistake, only the greater sphere and earth eater drop spheres which increase your luck.

Phoenix Flame
02-01-2007, 04:06 AM
Yeah...I thought so <trying NOT to sound like a smart @$$ in response>

'Sides, Earth Eater was enough of a pain that I'd remember if there WAS another way :D

dappa
02-03-2007, 01:10 PM
I had a high powered anima so earth eater wasn't too much of a problem once he was knocked on his back.

But it can be annoying sometimes if he gets some lucky hits in when your low level

dappa
02-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Yeah your right on that one. My mistake, only the greater sphere and earth eater drop spheres which increase your luck.

I also just remembered that you can win luck type sheres in blitzball too.

Phoenix Flame
02-08-2007, 05:07 AM
errr...yeah, but it takes forever. You're still better off going with the Earth Eater 4X for 8 luck spheres. (One for each of your characters to activate 1 Luck Node.) Even though he is annoying to fight over and over.

EDIT: Besides, luck isn't THAT important in this game N E ways.

dappa
03-05-2007, 04:11 PM
My sphere grid is almost completed filled up with nodes now. My yuna is currently on 255 for all stats apart from luck which I am currently working on.

I'm gonna need them stats for the dark aeons and penance.

Griever
03-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Mine is nearly complete too, it would probably be maxed by now but i haven't played it for a while.

At the moment i'm collecting luck spheres so i can max everyone's luck, although all the regular nodes are filled and all other stats are maxed for every character.

(That reminds me, i still need to do the butterfly BS and the lightning dodger cause i'm missing those sigils)

dappa
03-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Ah man that butterfly hunt didn't half suck same goes for the lightning dodging.

I think the expert grid has more nodes on it than the normal grid.

Gackt Camui
03-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I liked the sphere grid. I thought that was so different

Phoenix Flame
05-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I think the expert grid has more nodes on it than the normal grid.

....along these lines - I was just curious if anyone has a PS3 AND the PAL/international copy of X...especially if there were any compatability issues???

I was thinking about getting a copy just for the dark Aeons and Penance. ;arf

Winterkill
06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
When I first saw it, I was like WTF is this? But as I got to know it and how it worked, honestly I think it's the best system of levelling up they have come out with yet. You can pick who learns what and in which order. Its a totally custom made party.

Kat
06-07-2007, 08:02 PM
the license grid in FFXII is a little similar,with the whole creating your own party thing,but i still think FFX's sphere grid is better.
>_<

Phoenix Flame
06-07-2007, 11:13 PM
I still think FFX's sphere grid is better.
>_<

T.R.U.T.H. e-kat. ;)

darkshadow2247
06-08-2007, 04:37 AM
When I first saw it, I was like WTF is this? But as I got to know it and how it worked, honestly I think it's the best system of levelling up they have come out with yet. You can pick who learns what and in which order. Its a totally custom made party.

It also prevents over-levelling too early in the game with sphere locks. That way you can't have Tidus as a fighter anda white mage while still in Besaid.

Winterkill
06-11-2007, 02:06 PM
10's sphere grid system is much better than 12's license system. Actually./.overall...10 is better than 12 :)

Big Boss
06-21-2007, 02:58 PM
I think that the sphere grid was ok, I mean I hated that you can only learn 1 thing per Slvl but its cool because anyone can learn anything. Yuna, if you give her take her to the right part of the grid, (*cough*auron's*cough*) she can make over even more damage than Wakka.

Kat
06-22-2007, 12:31 AM
ya!
my Yuna does more damage than my Auron.
she does like 36k with just her staff.
XDD
and the aeons do 99,999 each normal attack.
its pretty kewl -^_^-
...except it got SO easy with being able to kill things with a couple hits..that i sorta got bored with the game,lol.

Phoenix Flame
06-23-2007, 04:17 AM
Anybody know why...although your stats are maxed - that some characters do less-than 99K damage? I don't mean, like 9K... but more often than not, most characters will hit an enemy for 99K, and Auron (I think it was Auron) would consistently hit for....like, 75K :confused: Is it just a bug?

Kat
06-24-2007, 12:16 AM
im not sure on that...
but maybe thats just as high as their strength goes?

dappa
06-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Anybody know why...although your stats are maxed - that some characters do less-than 99K damage? I don't mean, like 9K... but more often than not, most characters will hit an enemy for 99K, and Auron (I think it was Auron) would consistently hit for....like, 75K :confused: Is it just a bug?

What weapons are your characters using?

Phoenix Flame
06-24-2007, 11:13 AM
All of them have their Celestial weapons...common dappa...you should know that by now :p

dappa
06-25-2007, 06:16 PM
lol

For auron his celestial weapon is linked to his hp, so if he is about to breath his last he should start hitting for 99999.

All celestials have the ignore defense ability too.

I dont know the game mechanics but if your enemy has 255 for defense and you have 255 for attack shouldn't the damage be nil not 9999? (any weapon barring celestials)

Phoenix Flame
06-26-2007, 01:43 AM
In regards to Auron's celestial weapon, I know its linked to HP...but so is Tidus' and Kimhari's...and I believe Wakka's as well. I thought their attack drops as their HP drops...similar to the Atma Weapon stats in VI, no?

Oh, and I have no time to waste learning about game mechanics for the record :o

dappa
06-26-2007, 05:34 PM
Out of interest what is the highest amount of hp your characters can have while still maintaining maximum stats for all attributes?

That was the only stat I never tried getting really high.

Phoenix Flame
07-01-2007, 09:06 AM
I actually don't know - but I'm sure you can find that in a FAQ on gamefaqs' website.

zen la
07-07-2007, 09:13 AM
I thought the sphere grid was ok the first time i played ffx so the second time i decided to play using the advanced grid and i loved it what a difference it can make to the game. In previous FF's certain characters were assigned different catergories like attack/magic/summon with the advanced version you can have exactly what you want with everyone for example yuna i had all the blk magic aswell because her magic attack is much stronger than lulu. ;res

Phoenix Flame
07-07-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm looking forward to doing that as well. Although I liked the original sphere grid too - it provided a unique challenge to the game in the beginning when you only had one or two options open (because of the lack of Lvl x sphere locks available...

Its a FAR GREATER challenge finishing the game w/a NSG challenge...which I hope to accomplish soon.

zen la
07-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Its a FAR GREATER challenge finishing the game w/a NSG challenge...which I hope to accomplish soon.

What do you mean by this?

dappa
07-08-2007, 07:45 AM
What do you mean by this?

What he's talking about is going through the whole game more or less without activating any of the nodes on the sphere grid thus the saying NSG (no sphere grid)

I've never tried it before but I hear you have to heavily rely on rikku on her mix ability to get through this challenge.

zen la
07-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Impossible!

Phoenix Flame
07-08-2007, 08:24 AM
It isn't, actually - search youtube - there are many people who have not only attempted this challenge - but finished it too. ;)

This guy decided to take it a biiiiiiiit farther though... a:
No Sphere Grid
No Summon(except forced ones)
No Customizing
No Overdrives(except forced ones)
No Escaping
No using No Encounters
and No Blitzball(other than the forced game)

He's at the Highbridge right now...I don't think he'll ever complete it though. ;) That's just ridiculous. The NSG challenge is quite passable - with Rikku at your side tossing Trio of 9999 mixes - everyone on your team will be thwacking away at 9,999 Dmg per hit - unless you use a magic a fiend absorbs...then you heal em for 9,999 each hit. = O!

dappa
07-08-2007, 02:07 PM
That is overkill and I dont think that guy will do it either reason.

That guy must enjoy punishment, thats all I can say.

Phoenix Flame
07-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Mastichistic? Ya RLY! XD

I'll be satisfied w/a NSG challenge - that's enough work in and of itself...what with stealing extra items to be used in battle and for mixes...I'm sure you wouldn't go through the Omega Dungeon...unless you truely had nothing better to do for the next 5 months and plenty of patience.

zen la
07-08-2007, 07:18 PM
thats just nuts!!! i would never dedicate that much time of my life on a comp game i thought i spend too much but to do that nsg......NO THANKS

dappa
07-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Just thinking about it and the possibility of the omega dungeon gives me the shivers man!

Saying that alot of the monsters in the omega dungeon can be found inside sin too, ouch!

zen la
07-08-2007, 08:26 PM
exactly it would takes days and days of training i would just get bored!

Phoenix Flame
07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Or just a few runs if you're lucky. Come to think of it, you don't get ANYTHING special for defeating Omega anyway, right? Kimhari can lancet Nova - but that's it. And a strength sphere behind him too...but you actually have to go BACK THROUGH the dungeon to go get it - so there's really no point. But I have to say that the Omega Dungeon is my favorite dungeon to date in any FF. :p

Quizastotl
08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
I liked it, nothing beats Pro Magic - draw/junction though.

FFX in general is too hard, maybe I'd feel different if i'd gotten all the danmed destruction orbs to begin with and didn't have to beat Dark Aeons though.
Actually no that's not true, nothing is too hard, the problem is it's impossible for me at this point. I just can not see any way out other than to restart the game.

dappa
08-06-2007, 07:38 PM
The dark aeons are optional.

Well not counting dark valefor if you want to enter besaid village again to get the sphere for aurons overdrive.

I dont think this game is hard, I only have trouble with the dark magus sisters

Shinra Soldier 1
08-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Sphere grid was HIGHLY confusing when you looked at it, but once you got to using it and figuring which of your characters was best for what, it was awesome! Plus it inspired me to keep battling and leveling up so I could open all of them, and my characters turned awesome!

clief101_
09-26-2007, 05:17 AM
the sphere grid was really easy to figure i rekon...really simple and straight 4ward...as for a nsg, no thanku...i thort the game was good enuf wifout trying to make it more challenging lol

dappa
09-26-2007, 05:51 AM
I really enjoyed making my party uber powerfull. It was time consuming though. I think square did that deliberately to try and discourage people from powerlevelling on this game.

clief101_
09-27-2007, 03:41 AM
i havnt completely powerleveled yet...im slowly getting there though...not alot of things can beat me

Halim Ondore
04-29-2008, 06:15 AM
liscense bord is better (ffxii powns xD)

rissole25
10-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Hmm I like the Sphere Grid the best out of all the FF games, its so unique, then it would be the License Board (FF12) then probably the Materia setup (FF7). But I think the worst system in FF would be the Junctioning Sytem (FF8). It was annoying and frustrating and lots of other things as well

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 02:03 AM
I always liked the sphere grid, I thought it was a good and imaginitive system, but I noticed many people feel differently and did not like it, what do you all think of it? good or bad?

I quite loved it, it provided more of a challenge and a puzzle than the old fashioned "hey, you leveled up, we've raised these stats for you! :D" Instead, you can kinda choose what character can be your powerhouse, my Rikku, Tidus and Auron can kill Nemesis no problem. :P

rissole25
10-24-2009, 02:58 AM
I quite loved it, it provided more of a challenge and a puzzle than the old fashioned "hey, you leveled up, we've raised these stats for you! :D" Instead, you can kinda choose what character can be your powerhouse, my Rikku, Tidus and Auron can kill Nemesis no problem. :P

But can they beat Penance?

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 03:04 AM
I'll never know. T-T I don't have International, and I can't play it. >_>

rissole25
10-24-2009, 03:43 AM
aww that sucks. i dunno why Square put extra bosses in International. Shoulda just put them in all the versions

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 04:38 AM
Kinda like with KH: Final Mix. The Japanese get all the perks. >_>

SylvianDark
05-11-2013, 03:02 PM
The customization aspects were good but the Sphere Grid is horrible for those wanting max stats and a complete save file. Had the Grid given you max stats by completing it, I'd have nothing but positive things to say about it. Having to clear spheres and add back +4 spheres, literally weakening your characters then strengthening them again, having to gather AP again, etc, was just unnecessary and I'm not sure why the developers decided to design it that way other than to make the gameplay longer.

Also the customization becomes null after the main story since at that point you'll want to give every character every ability and max stats. At this point the Sphere Grid is just too cumbersome. I'm 95 hours into a game currently and every time I acquire 99 AP it takes about 10-15 minutes just to repeatedly hit the 'move' and 'use sphere' options on the menu and progress my character. It's just a huge waste of time and is made all the worse by the fact that you know you'll have to go all the way back through the sphere grid clearing spheres and replacing them with +4 spheres.

Then if all this isn't bad enough, they have those luck/fortune spheres which are even more time consuming and difficult to fill/max.

I enjoy completing games but FFX doesn't feel rewarding. Clearing something and redoing it is in no way rewarding. That's just time wasting so a developer can brag that their game has XXX game play hours when in reality they just make you do the same thing over again.

ironman
06-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Kinda like with KH: Final Mix. The Japanese get all the perks. >_>

true bro