PDA

View Full Version : The lost age...

Seyluv
11-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Their is this other essay i have to write. It is about the lost age. Which is about do you think you benfit from the past or are you a victim? So what you guys think, I really don't want to do this essay because it is about race and stuff. Anyway can you guys help me with this? :D

richboywonder
11-02-2006, 11:17 PM
when i read the topic i thought you were talking about golden sun the lost age.and if the essay is homework i wouldn't worry about because i don't do homework.so what are you suppose to write about.back in the past.....with the cavemen.....and cavewomen...if they were cavewomen.i really don't get the topic so i wouldn't do it.but if it's that important i suggest you read a book.

Seyluv
11-03-2006, 12:21 AM
I don't really have a clue. All I know is all what I had stated in the first post.

Phoenix Flame
11-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Yeah...but your post was a little sketchy.

If its about learning from <your> past - then I say hellz yeah! I could spend the rest of my life learning from the mistakes I made in the past 7 years! I've grown a lot this year, but I've still a long way to go.

If its about our country's past - then...yeah, I think we benefit from it today in many ways. Far fewer people are racist then, say... 1960. Yet again, we have a long way to go to perfecting that.

I think when it comes to the past, everyone should get to the point in their development/walk where they use it as a rear-view mirror. Just a reminder of where/what they've been through and move on through the present with the future in mind.

Seyluv
11-03-2006, 09:52 PM
I don't really asked people to do my homework, but I have a lot to do. And plus I really don't like writing about something like this. This teacher is going to make me write a lot more all this year. After I am done with this, then I have to write a few more for friday. This essay isn't about the past mistakes you made, but the ones your parents and their parents made. Just how does their mistakes impact your life and all of what you becamed because of them.

richboywonder
11-03-2006, 10:25 PM
I don't really asked people to do my homework, but I have a lot to do. And plus I really don't like writing about something like this. This teacher is going to make me write a lot more all this year. After I am done with this, then I have to write a few more for friday. This essay isn't about the past mistakes you made, but the ones your parents and their parents made. Just how does their mistakes impact your life and all of what you becamed because of them.
my parents don't make mistakes.and if they do make one it wouldn't effect/affect me.

Seyluv
11-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah, same for mines.

Arkacia
11-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Empress, I'm not sure aobut these essay threads. Really, we shouldn't be helping you with your homework :p.

If you need to put anymore up, just don't 'say' they are essay threads out loud. At least pretend they are up for discussion, not homework help ;).

Phoenix Flame
11-09-2006, 08:29 AM
^ Agreed.

Answering your question - I think they affect us greatly. Take my father for example. He was an alcoholic. He smoked cigarettes every day. He died young (53.) Now I don't have a father. My family has to pay for his mistakes. My mother is close to losing their house, I'm working 60 hrs./week, seeing a psyciatrist, a councelor, and taking medication to deal with depression...

However, you can take a similar situation and have a different viewpoint.

My friend's mother died when he was 12. His father is an alcoholic, a drug addict, a serial law breaker. My friend, however, leads a somewhat normal life - albeit he is a drug addict, and his motto is Life's a B***** and then you die so F*** the world, let's all get high. He claims the same that you do...that his father's mistakes don't affect him. 'I am the master of my own destiny.'

I believe the past determines your present, but you determine your future. You may have a strong moral character because your parents weren't there - at all - and you had to learn how to be strong and depend only on yourself...but one could argue that that is a reaction - a by-product of the reality that is you were abandoned and now you are a co-dependant work-a-holic. :p

It's all in how you look at life. 90% of the battle happens between your ears.

Seyluv
11-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Yeah this is what I mean, of course i now trying to write it by myself. I already done most of it. Anyway, still this is a very interesting debate.

dappa
11-22-2006, 03:05 PM
I have been paying for mistakes I made ten years ago and am only in the last few months starting to turn things around for myself.

I am learning from these mistakes.

Seyluv
11-22-2006, 05:07 PM
My mistakes has always come back, I wish it would stop.

Kiera
12-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Well you can't get through life without experience of losing or failing. You have to learn from what you have done wrong and even if its a hard thing to do. I know some people do not learn from this and just continue to do what they do even though they know its wrong just either for pleasure or just because they can, and can get away with it. Most of the things that people do through their life are actually based on where they live and how they are raised of course, the first impression on a child will affect that child for life. Even though you think the child might not remember you abusing it when it was little or taking good care of it, they will remember some way or another. I have enjoyed my past life even though I have done things I wish didn't do.

Seyluv
12-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I know. My past mistake have turn me to the great person I am today.