PDA

View Full Version : remake ff7 on ps3

richboywonder
11-02-2006, 11:49 PM
is there really going to be a remake of final fantasy 7 on playstation 3.

Hydra
11-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Big rumours are going around that they are. I, personally, don't know, but I wish. ^_^

Zeromus_X
11-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Nothing has been officially confirmed by Square-Enix.

So no, it's just a Technical Demo.

dappa
11-03-2006, 02:40 PM
There is a tech demo of the intro for final fantasy 7 for ps3. I saw it on a final fantasy website though I cant remember which one. I also heard they have binned the project due to the fact it would take years to complete it.

Xartex
11-03-2006, 04:08 PM
It would be nice, but I think that it is just a rumour. It was the same when the ps2 came out, lots of romours about a remake for the ps2. I really hope it would come but I doubt it.

ultimecia
11-03-2006, 09:30 PM
ive actually heard that its true yes it hasnt been confirmed yet but i have a feeling that its true but they have brought out pictures of what cloud will look like and it is sweet! if it is true i will definetly be getting it!

richboywonder
11-03-2006, 10:38 PM
i'm never gonna get a ff7

Spec Highwind
11-03-2006, 11:06 PM
It is not my favourite FF, but I would love to see it on PS3 more than any other FF

Yggdrasill
11-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Square have announced lot's of times that FF7 will never be remade for the PS3.

Here is a direct quote from IGN: "Unfortunately for Final Fantasy fans all over the world, Square Enix President Yoichi Wada stated after the demo's airing that it was meant for display purposes only and was not proof of an actual remake of the original game."

All Square gained in the tech-demo was showing PS3's true potential and it may be a hint of how good FFXIII's graphics are in-game.

Cloud101
11-07-2006, 11:44 AM
They haven't "officially" confirmed it, but eventually you know they'll make it and when they do, it will be a new era for all FF7 fans everywhere!

tangzhanke
11-12-2006, 02:41 AM
i hope thr is but i nt too sure

Tiny Bronco
11-12-2006, 07:19 PM
I had no clue people still thought that there was going to be a remake!?

I'll explain what started these rumors.

At E3 a year or two ago Square showed the ending movie of FF7 in new graphics. This got everyone peeing in their pants because they thought Square was making an FF7 remake. Square quickly said they weren't and that the movie shown at E3 was for FF7AC, which it was. Gaming Magazines and forums still jumped on the idea and claimed that Square was remaking FF7 to go along with the release of the PS3. Its just a bunch of rumors made by either jurks who want to get you hopes up, or people that beleived those jerks.

Though everyone wants a remake it isn't happening anytime soon. (It would take at least 2 years to make a re-make and since Square hasn't even started and has other stuffs to do for the PS3 there is no time for a remake) :( :( :(

My hero Squall
12-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Yo they made a new FFVII game, Virge of Cerburus but its PS2. Havent heard diddy squat about a PS3 game tho...

Tiny Bronco
12-03-2006, 12:02 PM
DoC was announced in 2004.

mystery
12-22-2006, 10:46 AM
WTF?!?! ive just got a magazine and in it it say there is gonna be a remake of ff 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy days :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ThroneofDravaris
12-22-2006, 11:40 AM
The magazine is lying, or you read it wrong.

Spec Highwind
12-22-2006, 01:47 PM
WTF?!?! ive just got a magazine and in it it say there is gonna be a remake of ff 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy days :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fake.

Doctor
12-25-2006, 04:18 AM
I sure hope to God that there isn't a remake of FF7...

Why do they always have to take the original charm out of something by remaking ot or doing a sequel? (KH and KH2 excepted XP those were really good games.)

Plus, there's so much FF7 stuff already; can't they give it a rest?

richboywonder
12-25-2006, 01:29 PM
why ff7 what about all the other ff

Phoenix Flame
12-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Because VII - to many people (obviously, not everyone - others prefer VI, VIII, etc.) - FFVII is the ultimate. It was the first FF I bought with my own dinero, first I got to lvl 99 on, first to complete (got everything in - ie. the perfect game) first FF I played that I could really identify with the characters and really get into...

So that's why many fans of VII would like to see it 'digitally remastered.' :p XD

Zeon
12-26-2006, 02:08 PM
the only change id like to see if they did a remake would be graphically. tht would indeed rock hard....:D:D.......but plz dont add voices and ruin it :(

Vivi the King
12-28-2006, 11:07 AM
I would like it better if they don't make a remake but a sequel and the only thing that will be changed is the graphics ot the gameplay...

Yggdrasill
12-30-2006, 02:28 PM
They should do a spin-off/prequel/remake of FFIX because it deserves a lot more credit than most people give it. Plus, I'm real sick of seeing games associated with FFVII, it's had it's time, they should really move onto FFVIII and FFIX.

dappa
12-30-2006, 03:33 PM
I agree totally with yggdrasill on that.

Zeon
12-30-2006, 05:18 PM
VIII yes i agree give it glory...........IX.......NO it was awful. you'll find there are only two type of people. those who love FFIX and those who dispise it.....no one in the middle (this is not a que for people to come in and controdict me :p) and im a despiser :D it was too corny for my liking......give VIII its sequel if you really think it can be sequelled (to be honest FFAC wasnt tht great really)

Yggdrasill
12-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Only problem is FFVIII's villain, Ultimecia, was truly awful; she was easily the worst FF villain ever. She showed up right at the end and had no backstory at all.

FFIX had one of the best villains and he is 2nd only to Kefka, Kuja showed some unique and interesting character most other villains, Sephiroth for example, didn't show at all.
Plus, I have to be honest; FFVIII had the most cliché story any FF ever had. It was the typical love story FF.

Zeon
01-04-2007, 02:50 PM
hell i found this so thought i may as well add it in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwiQOKjEY1U

as its on the topic and kinda throws things about it being fake....or does it :S

Yggdrasill
01-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Square officially said that the tech demo was only made to show off the PS3's graphical capabilities and not a hint that they were remaking FFVII, the owner of Square-Enix also said that they aren't any plans to ever remake FFVII on any console.
If you don't believe me browse IGN, 1Up, Gamespot, Gamefaqs and many other game sites, they all say exactly what I just said above. ;)

Zeon
01-04-2007, 03:04 PM
i was merely putting it on the thread i know all this lol

hence the "or does it.." :D

www.leekspin.com :D:D fun

Catalyst
01-13-2007, 10:31 PM
I believe it is just a rumor as well. I think it is just one of those things that someone/people start just everyone going.

I don't think Square-Enix should try and develop a remake. I think they should either focus on a current or new project. They could maybe make an actual sequel of some sort for Final Fantasy VII, or even Final Fantasy Tactics. In my opinion, Tactics was unique, and popular, but not as popular as Final Fantasy VII, which I have yet to beat.

aurons spirit
01-18-2007, 09:34 AM
i think there will be

FantasyFanatic
02-03-2007, 03:50 PM
As much as I hate to bring the subject of a remake back up, it seems almost a certainty. http://www.psu.com/node/7436 I think a remake could be alright, they just need to be careful not to tamper with the storyline, and focus only on the graphics.

Yggdrasill
02-03-2007, 03:58 PM
If FFVII were to be remade, (as the rumour is now brought back up again) then FFVIII and FFIX Fans would expect Square to remake them. I'm sorry but Square can't just go and remake FFVII without even the thought of remaking FFVIII or FFIX, there are just as many fans of them as there are of FFVII.

EDIT: Square also said themselves if they did happen to start a remake; that it would take about 5 years for it to be fully made because they'd have to fully remake everything.

FantasyFanatic
02-03-2007, 04:04 PM
If FFVII were to be remade, (as the rumour is now brought back up again) then FFVIII and FFIX Fans would expect Square to remake them. I'm sorry but Square can't just go and remake FFVII without even the thought of remaking FFVIII or FFIX, there are just as many fans of them as there are of FFVII.

EDIT: Square also said themselves if they did happen to start a remake; that it would take about 5 years for it to be fully made because they'd have to fully remake everything.

I agree, FFVII has seen it's day, let it lie. I personally would like to see an addition to FFVIII. But it would be difficult to remake FFIX, as I think the cartoonish characters has been dead and gone, as far as FF is concerned. And true, it wouldn't be out for at least four or five years, as they have FFXIII and Vs.XIII and the new Kingdom Hearts projects to complete first.

Whoops, didn't mean to double post, clicked the wrong button. MY bad!

LOl, sorry, I haven't been here in like 6 months, so I am just trying to find something to talk about. lol
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR EDIT: Double post deleted and merged with the post before.

Yggdrasill
02-03-2007, 04:07 PM
I agree, FFVII has seen it's day, let it lie. I personally would like to see an addition to FFVIII. But it would be difficult to remake FFIX, as I think the cartoonish characters has been dead and gone, as far as FF is concerned. And true, it wouldn't be out for at least four or five years, as they have FFXIII and Vs.XIII and the new Kingdom Hearts projects to complete first.
I guess Square would only remake them if they really badly needed money.
I'm pretty confident if FFVII is remade; it won't be as popular as the original, depsite it having nice, crisp graphics it'll still be the game people have beaten countless times.
Most people have really short attention spans and it's nearly guarranteed they won't play it more than once if they did remake it.

EDIT: How did I post so fast? O_O. Barely under a minute.

Tifa-chan
02-06-2007, 03:22 PM
There is a lot of talk about it. And in an interview with 1up, Tetsuya-sama said he was intrested in redoing it, but he said he didn't think he had the time for it. I think later this year, maybe within the next few months, we'll hear something about it. I deffently think it is comming. It just needs time. I mean, why would they make just a techno demo when they know it will get fans going. There teasing us for a reason, and my hunch is they will remake it.

Tiny Bronco
02-06-2007, 04:39 PM
If Square hasn't started making it now (which they haven't) a FF7 remake wouldn't be out for at least 4 years. And I would not want to see a remake just on the chance that some idiot decides to make it new and "improved". Let the rumor die and move on.

Tifa-chan
02-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Well it's all a matter of opion really.

Yggdrasill
02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Square should really think about moving on to making their new games anyway. (The FFXIII saga, KHIII, The FFVII spin-offs, etc.) Remaking a game which is 10 years old and which people have played to the point of boredom really isn't a good idea.

white mage
02-06-2007, 07:55 PM
I personally think it would be a good idea.
If they do, all they would have to do is to add to the storyline. I don't know how, but they may come up with something.

white mage
02-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Square should really think about moving on to making their new games anyway. (The FFXIII saga, KHIII, The FFVII spin-offs, etc.) Remaking a game which is 10 years old and which people have played to the point of boredom really isn't a good idea.

That would be a good idea too. What do you think those movies would include?
FFVIII for example.

Luis
02-06-2007, 08:01 PM
So, there's no remake/remake news at the moment. That's officially true XD
I don't think there'll be a remake either, though it'd be a good idea, as far as I get a PS3 XD

white mage
02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
That I fully agree with.

Tifa-chan
02-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Well I will still hope and pray for a remake. I love Final Fantasy VII to much, so that would make my day, so long as they don't change much other than graphics. I would love to see voice acting in it.

I got thinking the other night. Although it will never happen *although I will hope and pray to be wrong* I would also love to see them remake the whole VII game into a movie. However that is way to much work XD that's a lot of CG with top graphics like Advent Children. Maybe they can just make another VII movie with Cloud Tifa and the Gange about after Advent Children. But thats me and my wishful thinking and dreaming like the crazed VII fan I am XD

Yggdrasill
02-07-2007, 01:12 PM
You know Square-enix though, if there was a remake; Square would probably go and ruin it by inserting the same battle-system as FFXII.
If Square changed anything about the Battle-system (such as making it real-time) I probably wouldn't buy the remake.

You can obviously tell I hate FFXII's battle-system, can't you? =P

Tifa-chan
02-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Yes XD

To be honest I wasn't quite pleased with it either, however it can be a nice change for a little while. I perfer staying a loyal fan to turn based though. I just find it more fun to have to hit the X *or what ever button* repeatedly after selecting your attack or item or what ever. XD

Phoenix Flame
02-08-2007, 04:07 AM
...more fun to repeatedly hit 'X'?!?! I don't think so! I for one was thankful once I got the gambits.

Tifa-chan
02-09-2007, 05:25 PM
XD well for me that is. I find fun in the randomest things sometimes *can be easily amused*

Sleazer
03-10-2007, 04:23 PM
I´ve read thet on a ff forum and i hope it is true.

Gackt Camui
03-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah you and me both even though I don't have a ps3...yet. :D

Phoenix Flame
03-16-2007, 05:41 AM
...[yea!!! Kelley used 'yet']

:-/ Oh! I just love it when people release their negative thinking. ;)

I can't wait to see if EC is going to be the remake or something else...

Gackt Camui
03-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Are you talking about me? Because nothing I said was negative I stating the truth. I know we will get a ps3. We have had every system so far.

Marius
03-16-2007, 03:24 PM
I sure hope it comesthrough.why maybe I could use my little fairy powers and make it happen.sike!!lol but nonetheless.It has to happen.i'm still trying 2 get my hands on before crisis.reno's my dream hunk.

Gackt Camui
03-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah well know Reno's your dream hunk...well atleast I know. Anyways yeah...it has to happen