PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy III DS

Zeromus_X
11-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Did anyone else pick it up today? Yes, the stunning Nintendo DS remake of the original Final Fantasy III has been released today, and needless to say, this will take up all of my free time. My heartfelt apologies to FFXII.

To those of you who have a Nintendo DS and haven't emulated the original (which was never available outside of Japan except for fan translation until now), I urge you to go and pick this up. It was a magnificent game for its time, and it still is today. For those of you living in PAL territories, at least import this or something less you have to deal with a nervewracking PAL release date.

Staircase
11-16-2006, 10:36 AM
I plan on getting it after i beat FFXII for the same reason, it will take up all of my time, and i really want to beat FFXII before i get addicted to a different game, or I may never finish it. I played the original and it was alright, but i wasnt a HUGE fan of it, but i know this one will take me, it looks awesome!! And the GFX on it look insane!!! Can't wait to get it!

dappa
11-16-2006, 08:36 PM
Looks like I will have to buy a DS then. Oh well another machine I will have to buy just so I can play another final fantasy game.

Being in a pal territory sucks we always get everything last.

richboywonder
11-16-2006, 09:50 PM
somehow i didn't see it.i checked everywhere in the DS section.all i saw was FFV advance for gameboy advance.

Zeromus_X
11-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Alot of places have been reported to have shipping problems. But it should be in your local store soon.

richboywonder
11-16-2006, 11:20 PM
there's barely anybody with a nintendo DS.

Zeromus_X
11-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Um...I'm afraid I don't understand. xD Do you mean that your store doesn't carry alot of DS games? Or that people near you don't have many DSs? :confused:

Phoenix Flame
11-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Did anyone else pick it up today? Yes, the stunning Nintendo DS remake of the original Final Fantasy III has been released today, and needless to say, this will take up all of my free time. My heartfelt apologies to FFXII.

To those of you who have a Nintendo DS and haven't emulated the original (which was never available outside of Japan except for fan translation until now), I urge you to go and pick this up. It was a magnificent game for its time, and it still is today. For those of you living in PAL territories, at least import this or something less you have to deal with a nervewracking PAL release date.

Wow Zero! You have a heartfelt seriousness for it eh?

Hmmm...well I just may have to pick it up. Not right away thought. As other's have said, I need to finish XII and DQVIII before being an addict to another title. :D

C_Dub
11-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Have you gotten to the giant rat yet? In the neptu temple.. It is givin me a hard time.. I'm level 11 with 2 warriors a blm and a rdm.

Zeromus_X
11-18-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm in the final dungeon. :)

For the Giant Rat, use all the spell items at your disposal (all the Antarctic Winds, unless you used them already). I trained three of my people as Red Mages until about level 15 or so (not like that's necessary, you don't have to level up at all) so they could all have one shot of a level three spell (the Fira, Blizzara, and Thundara spells you find in the viking's cave), and then I fried him with my lower level spells until he died. If you get lucky, Desch may help out with Thundara, which also deals alot of damage.

C_Dub
11-18-2006, 11:05 PM
I Just Pwned the rat.. was super easy with the level three spells.
Have you tried this game online?

Zeromus_X
11-19-2006, 06:55 AM
I've sent a message to a nearby friend, but I haven't used the WiFi connection.

Yggdrasill
11-19-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm getting it soon.
My copy has shipped according to the website I ordered it from, now I just have to wait.

Spec Highwind
11-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I saw the intro movie :| And I fell in love with it :eek: And I don't even have a DS =\

Staircase
11-19-2006, 04:59 PM
I just got it today. Haven't played it yet though. I plan on playing it on the bus to school every morning. So now i can have FF at all times of the day. XD

Spec Highwind
11-19-2006, 05:02 PM
I will never play it ='( *Cries like a crybaby*

richboywonder
11-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Um...I'm afraid I don't understand. xD Do you mean that your store doesn't carry alot of DS games? Or that people near you don't have many DSs? :confused:
i meant like people around me.there's only one person i know that has a DS.

Zeromus_X
11-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Well, the game doesn't require the WiFi feature if that's what you're suggesting. It's still a great game even if you don't unlock the bonus stuff.

ChocoboMan
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
i got it but does somebody by any chance beat the game yet

Zeromus_X
12-03-2006, 09:08 PM
I have. :) Are you stuck on something?

Staircase
12-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I've beaten the original, but I'm only about 1/2 way on the DS.

richboywonder
12-25-2006, 06:57 PM
I have. :) Are you stuck on something?
i'm stuck.those people in the sealed cave keep on killing me.i have all four people and they're equiped with a longsword and sheild

Zeromus_X
12-25-2006, 08:17 PM
I would probably stock up on equipment in the shops in Ur. You should also have a copy of the Cure spell for two people. Remember, there's alot of hidden equipment that can be found. You can go back to the Altar Cave and find treasure there, as well as the storage shed in Ur, and the towers in Castle Sasune. You can also find a Wight Slayer sword (effective against the undead) in the west tower, though you'll have to fight a somewhat powerful monster there. And if all else fails, level up. Levels 6-7 should be fine for the Sealed Cave. Also, with the Gil you find in chests and around, buy plenty of Potions to use on the enemies of the Sealed Cave, which are mostly undead. And remember to save your Phoenix Downs for the boss. I think that's about it.

richboywonder
12-26-2006, 04:16 PM
ok.i beat that place but what about bahumat.i couldn't take 1 damage out of him.he takes thousands out of me.he won't let me attack,heal,revive,cast magic,or anything.this is the last time i'll need help.i don't want to make this into some kind of help topic.

Zeromus_X
12-26-2006, 06:37 PM
You're supposed to run away. xD Desch even tells you to run away before the battle begins. :p

richboywonder
12-26-2006, 07:26 PM
i didn't think you could actually run from buhamut.will i get to fight him again

master axel
01-26-2007, 12:07 PM
I can't aford a nientendo ds so I can't get final fantasy 3