PDA

View Full Version : Main party

Ryan
11-16-2006, 05:07 AM
Hey, just wanted to know who was in your main party. If you do put down yours put a star by the character you use the most. Also put there job as well.

* Ashe = Mage party leader
Bacsh = backup
Fran = healer

Phoenix Flame
11-16-2006, 05:20 AM
I use all my characters equally...but my main 2 parties consist of
1) A. *Vaan - melee
B. Ashe - melee/healer
C. Fran - melee/healer
2) A. * Basch - melee
B. Balthier - melee/healer
C. Penelo - melee/healer

As you can see, I follow the traditional FF setup with three melee party members. I like to have two healers, status inflicters, or theives to make things less tedious.

FantasyFanatic
11-17-2006, 06:37 PM
1)Vaan -Melee
2)Fran-Melee-Ranged
3)Ashe-Melee

1)Balthier-melee-sometimes ranged
2)Baush-melee
3)Penelo-melee-ranged

I have everyone equally used for healing including using gambits, so that is not a problem. But i do find that black magic is not all that useful except with my non-ranged fighters. Beyond that i never use black magic.

darkshadow2247
11-18-2006, 02:31 PM
My parties are generally split up:

1.)Vaan* - Theif/Melee/Healer/Mage
2.)Balthier - Melee
3.)Fran - Ranged/Melee/Healer

1.)Basche - Melee
2.)Ashe* - Theif/Melee/Healer/Mage
3.)Penelo - Melee/Healer

Basche and Balthier have healing gambits but they are last priority (i.e. health is below 20%). When I am training, I don't keep my parties in this formation. I'll have either Basche or Balthier as muscle (never in the same party) and then two weaker character to level. When a weaker charater passes the level of another, I swap them out.

As far as dungeons and marks and main gameplay goes, those are my groups. I rarely use magic, but sometimes it is the best thing to do.

ryankolokoy
11-20-2006, 03:00 PM
my party

vaan(lvl 96)= melee with 2h sword
balthier(lvl84)=melee with sword and shield
bacsh(lvl 80)=melee with 2h sword

all of them have a gambit for casting regen, curaga, protect, shell, bravery, faith, esuna

fran(lvl70)=melee with sword and shield
ashe(lvl 78)=bow
penelo(lvl74)=melee with sword and shield

if you obtain a technique named telekenisis you do not need to used range weapon or cast black magic to flying monsters.

Zeromus_X
11-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Ashe (sword user and magic), Basch (Hammer and Axe user, very little magic), and Fran (Bows and alot of magic).

The rest of them I just use for Mist catalysts.

Ryan
11-21-2006, 06:12 AM
Wow, it's like every single person here has a different combo of characters in their partys.

Staircase
11-21-2006, 11:35 AM
I have three partys i use... I dont use one more than the others, and in each i have a powerhouse who hits for alot of damage, and red-mage type person that attacks, uses black magick, and heals if needed.

I use Basch (Powerhouse), and Ashe (Mage) for the first party.
Balthier (Powerhouse), and Fran (Mage), for the second.
And Vaan(Powerhouse), and Penelo (Mage) for the third.

I know it sounds stupid to have only two out at a time, but i find it esier to keep track of them and train with only two.

If im in a boss battle i team them all up in threes and swich around according to status efffects, HP, Magick, or Mist Charges and Espers avalible.

darkshadow2247
11-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Ha! I used an Esper one time. It didn't even get to attack, because as soon as I summoned, Basch was hit and killed.

Phoenix Flame
11-21-2006, 07:03 PM
There are so many possiblilites w/this game and the party you can choose.

I'm going to fight w/Vaan, Ashe and Basch from the get-go. Let them level up as much as they want and then when I get to the Gilmore Jungle, I'll focus on catching the others up before I move on.

Right now, everyone is melee and can heal if needed.

Max the Man
11-26-2006, 11:12 PM
I have two separate parties, one with Fran, Penelo and Basch and the other with Balthier, Vaan and Ashe.

Vaan: Black Mage/melee
Balthier: long range tank
Fran: long range Red Mage
Basch: melee tank/technick master
Ashe: melee tank
Penelo: weapons master/white mage.

mel
12-14-2006, 07:20 PM
*Vaan- Leader of the party (Uses heavy armor,axes, and swords only, knows green magics,time magics,black magics)

Basch- Second in command (Uses heavy armor,swords,knows green magics,and time magics.)

Ashe- (white mage,healer of the group,green magics,swords,spears,heavy and light armors.)

Rezanon
12-20-2006, 04:02 AM
I have two parties. I like to make sure that all my characters are equal and I try to stick a job to each person as to learn how to use them effectively.

Main Party (For bosses or when I get into a bind):
*Vaan: Powerhouse. High HP and Pole user.
Fran: Long-Range and Mage. Nice bow and has most Magicks.
Balthier: Long-Range thief. He has a steal gambit and has hand-bombs.

Back-up:
*Ashe: Tank. She has protect armor, and a good shield. Absorbs Magick pretty well also.
Basch: Damage-Dealer+Poacher. He has a katana so he chains the crap out of guys.
Penelo: Small weapon and shield. My Magick user for this group. High HP and great evade.

I spent over 3 hours farming low-levels for LP, so I have almost all magicks and techniques. Not to mention I have 16 out of 18 Quickenings. I go for armor and weapons as I acquire them.

Andrew Scaves
12-20-2006, 11:54 AM
I use all mt characters equally after the first 3 level up I switch to the second party and after they level up I switch the party around again and don't revert to the second one until after the first 3 have leveled up.

Vivi the King
12-28-2006, 12:27 PM
I use Vaan,Ashe and Basch they are simply my powerhouse and when someone dies (mostly Ashe) I give Belthier a shot...

Doctor
12-28-2006, 04:25 PM
As of today I've decided that I do not want a main party. I like using all my characters too much to just stick with three people.

Vann (Level 53, melee fighter, sword and shield)

Ashe (Level 48-49, Melee fighter, Greatsword)

Basch (Level 48-49, Melee fighter, Greatsword)

Balthier (Level 47, Gunner/healer)

Fran (Level 44, Archer/healer/mage)

Penelo (Level 46, pole-user/healer)