PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Console wars???

Unknown Kaze
11-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Well since the PS3 has been released on the other side of the pond *i.e USA* Im just curious to know which console you guys think will win console supremecy

Oolyan
11-17-2006, 03:16 PM
i am a loyal fan to microsoft and xbox

blukazoo159
11-17-2006, 03:16 PM
the ps3!!!!!!

one has already sold for 7k+ on ebay and people were in line for 3 days to get it, not to mention the ps3 has so much more to offer!!!

Tiny Bronco
11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
What I think will win the "Console Wars" will be between the PS3 and Wii. (God what an un-heavenly name from Hell)

Since this is an FF site I guarnetee that the PS3 will win this pole, but in the rest of the world I bet it'll be close.

Personally I would love it if someone bought up all of the Wii's right as they launched and flushed em down a toilet. I don't completely hate Nitendo. I HATE!!! the NEW Nintendo.
80% of Nintendo games made before the game cube or 1997ish were great. You're not beating the original Marios, Sonic the Hedgehog, or Ninja Turtles. However ever since the Game Cube they have turned to flashy, overly Japanese style (where they try to make it look all cute and colorful), terrible storyline games. Not that ALL of their new games are bad, but most are. And I want to masicer the group of Nitendo employees that game out with the name :mad: Wii. :mad:
When they game out with the Revolution I had hope for them. But now that its the Wii I will never buy a Ninttendo game made after 2000!!!!!

I would be overly joyed if somehow people broke away from the old game company (Nintendo) and give other stuffs at least a try. I'm hoping for the X Box 360 to be in second because I love Halo, halo 2, and soon to find out Halo 3s' story lines. And X box live is still the best online service though that may change because of PS3.
As for who conquiers all in the "Console War" that will end all nonreality wars!!!!!!! :eek: I hope the PS3 wins.

Just my humble and slighty ranting opinions. :D

dappa
11-17-2006, 07:04 PM
Ps3 owns

John Smith
11-17-2006, 07:21 PM
PS3 FTW! :p

Spec Highwind
11-17-2006, 07:42 PM
PS3.. Wii is a great console, but rofl! I don't want to play a console, I want to play the GAMES!!!! PS3 will have far better titles...

richboywonder
11-19-2006, 08:59 PM
xbox 360 has mad grafics.so i think that's the best.

Zeromus_X
11-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm disappointed that the PS3 is even getting one vote. :(

Anyway, Wii ftw.

Avathar
11-20-2006, 05:16 PM
I have little knowledge on either three of these consoles, and like Tiny said, the actual war is really between the Wii and the Playstation 3, but anyways,

I voted for the Wii, not because I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but because it actually sounds terrific (and of what I've seen so far, the actual games for it look far more charming ^^).

Spec Highwind
11-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Last gamespot/gamefaqs poll:

1st - 360
2nd - Wii
3rd - PS3

Tiny Bronco
11-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Spec3
Last gamespot/gamefaqs poll:

1st - 360
2nd - Wii
3rd - PS3

Thats only what people own right now, not what they want. PS3 and Wii have only just launched. I bet It'll be between PS3 and Wii.

Unknown Kaze
11-20-2006, 08:44 PM
I personally really am not holding my breath for Ninty anymore. I bought the N-64 and the Gamecube (in their different eras) when they first came out because I liked Nintendo and cos of all the hype about them, but they just seemed to disappear into the background while the rival consoles kept getting more popular.
I dont like Xbox's period so I think that the PS 3 will win the console wars

Zeromus_X
11-20-2006, 09:56 PM
Out of curiousity...does anyone here have any particular reason why they voted for the PS3? I voted for the Wii because of Nintendo's way of trying to make gaming a 'normal' thing and spreading out to 'normal' people, and of trying to make innovative and new ways to make and play games. Meanwhile, Sony is driven on making thier new console a magical multimedia machine and seems to just make gaming on thier gaming console a secondary purpose. Not only that, but with the atrocious way Sony has marketed thier system (bugs, problems with backwards compatibility, and the audacity of a $600 price tag in the name of new technology that isn't even mainstream yet), I can't see why anyone in thier right state of mind would even want to vote on it. Just because Final Fantasy XIII will be on it isn't reason enough for me to shell out around enough money to pay rent for a gaming system. We don't even know when Fabula Nova Crystallis will be released anyway, so I wouldn't decide to buy it in the present just for that.

Microsoft has always remained mediocre to me, and the only game I've even been interested in is Chopin: Trusty Bell (which isn't out yet, but it is made by a division of tri-Ace), and Mistwalker's forthcoming games. Still, it doesn't promise as much as the Wii.

And omg, the Wii has a funny name. Hee hee. Let's get over it. It's pronounced like 'Wii', in tune for Nintendo's slogan of 'Wii are the Revolution' (after the Wii's codename). This isn't a big deal, and I think anyone with an ounce of maturity wouldn't condemn the system for its name.

Ranting aside, I'm not a fanchild of any of these companies. I play the systems that have the most games that appeal to me, not because they can heat my living environment, make coffee, or become my personal computer. Personally, whenever somebody has to bring in the term fanchild to an argument, they've already lost.

Well, that's all for now. I was just curious as to why everyone picked the console they voted for.

Xartex
11-21-2006, 05:55 AM
Even tough I would like the ps3 to win, I am not sure, when I get the money to buy it I will buy it but the other consoles looks strong as well, I voted for ps3 because that is the console I want to win.

dappa
11-21-2006, 09:30 AM
I hope nintendo dont do the same like they do with all their other machines like putting out tonnes of crappy cutsey cuddly kids games and not enough adult games. Thats why the gamecube was trounced by the other competitors.

If they put out more adult games they may be able to put up a decent fight against the ps3.

But I think the playstation brand is too big for the competitors

Zeromus_X
11-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I hope nintendo dont do the same like they do with all their other machines like putting out tonnes of crappy cutsey cuddly kids games and not enough adult games. Thats why the gamecube was trounced by the other competitors.

If they put out more adult games they may be able to put up a decent fight against the ps3.

But I think the playstation brand is too big for the competitors

Why do you think that Nintendo only produces 'kiddy' games? I really don't know what the 'adult' level of a video game has to do with it's quality.

Don't know what you're talking about here.

Yes, it's price tag is certainly big.

Spec Highwind
11-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Spec3

Thats only what people own right now, not what they want. PS3 and Wii have only just launched. I bet It'll be between PS3 and Wii.

It's about what they want ;)

Spec Highwind
11-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Why do you think that Nintendo only produces 'kiddy' games? I really don't know what the 'adult' level of a video game has to do with it's quality.

Yes, it's price tag is certainly big.

Wii will be in great disavantage, graphically... the only good thing about Wii is the controller, IMO

Axel
11-21-2006, 05:27 PM
The controller is a good inovation and the graphics really don't make the game it is the game play. The X-Box 360 has done well with that. The real battle lies with the Wii and the 360.

Spec Highwind
11-21-2006, 07:13 PM
The controller is a good inovation and the graphics really don't make the game it is the game play. The X-Box 360 has done well with that. The real battle lies with the Wii and the 360.

True, but the graphics do help!!

Sony still has Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Grand Theft Auto, Devil May Cry, Tekken, Gran Turismo, and lots of other famous games...

And Wii? Super Mario? It's impossible to surpass the 1st one ;) And plus I don't like these new 3d platform games...
Zelda? I never liked it that much...
Rayman? I hate hate hate these neo-platform games >.<
Sonic? Always hated him.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles? I dunno :P Never played the first one
Pokemon? It's getting overrated.
Digimon? :D I loved the 3rd one, for PSX
Dragon Quest? Hum... Dragon Warrior I, II, III and IV were really boring :p I didn't play any other...
Splinter Cell? Good game, but I <3 MGS. Splinter Cell is too... hum... linear... You can't explore, and stuff... you have to do what you're told.

But, well... what am I saying? This is just my opinion, and no account for tastes...

dappa
11-21-2006, 07:30 PM

What I meant was I have noticed that nintendo machines seem to have a higher ratio of games which are obviously aimed at kids, whereas these same machines seem to have less games aimed at adults .

I own a gamecube and think its a brilliant machine but I read reviews and hear word on the street that it is a rubbish machine whch only caters for kids. Whether or not this is a true statement it doesn't matter as the idea of this needs to be dispelled for the wii to challenge the ps3

Being an adult or kiddy game has nothing to do with the quality of a game. I suppose it is just an image thing. Well for me it is at least.

Zeromus_X
11-21-2006, 09:16 PM
I own a gamecube and think its a brilliant machine but I read reviews and hear word on the street that it is a rubbish machine whch only caters for kids. Whether or not this is a true statement it doesn't matter as the idea of this needs to be dispelled for the wii to challenge the ps3

So basically, you don't really know for yourself how these games are aimed at kids? :) You've only 'read reviews' or 'heard on the street'? :p The intelligent consumer is going to buy a game because of its quality, not because of its image. If you think the Gamecube and its games are of good quality, then why does it matter what a game looks like, or how 'kiddy' it is?

Kat
11-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Lol Zeromus has a point ^.^
but i think PS3 will win..who knows for sure :rolleyes: