PDA

View Full Version : What are you searching for...?

Phoenix Flame
11-18-2006, 03:56 AM
K, I had a question for everyone; but it is mainly directed towards the women in the forum.

What do you do when you are disappointed?

I'm asking out of curiosity for the most part. I am doing a study about getting your heart back. One of the points that was brought up is when people don't get what they need, they seek it out from other places, people or activities. My curiosity was aroused... Personally, I tend to disassociate myself from real life and retreat to the internet, video games, or chess. I guess that is a vague description. Simple really.

So, how about it? What do youfind yourself doing in these times?

Phoenix Flame
11-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Well I got my first couple of answers today...not from the forum of course! :(

One of my friend's relatives said he usually finds his answer at the bottom of a bottle.

His aunt said that she usually yells a lot and doesn't get out of her bathrobe.

Anyone care to be O & H?

Staircase
11-21-2006, 11:53 AM
but it is mainly directed towards the women in the forum.

I didn’t reply because I wasn’t a Gal'... but since nobody else is, I guess I’ll go ahead (if that’s ok). ;)

When I’m disappointed I usually go up to my room and sleep, or play games. Usually sleep though, as if a game makes me angry (which is very, very, often), it will tend to worsen the situation. If it’s something huge, i tend to go for a walk, go outside, and just think about it. Most people try to get their minds off what they are disappointed about, but I think it helps to evaluate the situation and think about the problems, and a solution to them.

PS: What’s O&H?
:o

Cloud101
11-21-2006, 11:57 AM
If it's OK...I put a heavy metal cd in my cd player and turn it up all the way, and try to drown out the sadness.:(

Spec Highwind
11-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Writing poetry always cheers me up... If I try to write, but I can't, it is just worse :D

Phoenix Flame
11-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks everyone for your imput. I'm looking for a lot of opinions on this topic so anyone else, feel free to chime in. Not just females either - although I would appreciate their imput most of all...

PS: What’s O&H?
:o

Open and honest.

dappa
11-22-2006, 09:10 AM
I can lose my appetite sometimes plus I sulk a lot. But a nights sleep normally sorts it out.

John Smith
11-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Maths.

I'm serious, I wub Maths :)

Phoenix Flame
11-24-2006, 02:48 AM
What type of math have you learned already John?

richboywonder
11-24-2006, 03:49 AM
once i'm angry almost anything can get me madder.but i just lay in bed,think,watch tv.not video games.(this is what causes me to be mad)

Spec Highwind
11-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Maths.

I'm serious, I wub Maths :)
x2

John Smith
11-24-2006, 11:59 AM
What type of math have you learned already John?

I'm in 10th grade so... everything up to the 10th grade I guess :D

Equations, Inequations, Equation systems, functions, statistics... it's alot, but I like it very much :) It's fun :p

Kat
11-24-2006, 04:20 PM
when im upset i normally don't eat,and don't talk to anyone,and sometimes takes weeks to get over what makes me sad.
one more thing,i listen to sad music.
so basically i just do things that make me even more upset.

Spec Highwind
11-24-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm in 10th grade so... everything up to the 10th grade I guess :D

Equations, Inequations, Equation systems, functions, statistics... it's alot, but I like it very much :) It's fun :p

I'm studying Inequations atm...

Phoenix Flame
11-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Thank you everyone...great info here. I can relate to you Kat. It seems when I'm disappointed with life I back-off <basically.> It's interesting that one would do things to further slump themselves into the disappointment...sometimes making it a depression - rather than doing things which make them happy. I'm not talking about self affirmation either - affirmation w/o action is delusion.

Luis
11-26-2006, 01:04 AM
May I ask what's your study for?

I guess I listen to music. It helps me a lot.

Phoenix Flame
11-28-2006, 12:39 PM
Its on the book 'Wild at Heart' by John Eldridge. <---VERY GOOD BOOK!!!

Axel
11-28-2006, 04:09 PM
A place where I belong, and knowledge of my past, and my future. I need them. I want them. That is all.

Kiera
12-10-2006, 01:07 AM
I am searching for my way to God. That's all, nothing in this world compares to that. And please do not start making a debate on this.

Cloud101
12-11-2006, 11:44 AM
I respect that:).

blackstar
12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Im a feminen guy so here I go. I agree with Cloud loud Heavy Metal and I curl up under my covers in complete darkness.
WOO-HOO Darkness

Kite
12-13-2006, 03:45 PM
I search for that world of magic and wonders I speak so much of! Yeah and while Im depressed (probably over this horribly boring world) I write about the place of magic and wonders, it gives me a boost but it dies after a while. Kinda like drugs, I imagine it will lose its splendor after a while.

Oolyan
12-13-2006, 10:23 PM
i want to know of the true greater deity the true god or gods i wish to go to the true "heaven" the true meaning of life

Phoenix Flame
12-15-2006, 02:21 AM
Thank you all for you straightforwardness... Things are going very well (we think) with the planning. We are not as far along as we would like to be, but not everything has to be planned-out in advance for us... Would anyone be interested in doing the book study with us???

Wild at Heart by: John Eldridge.

Arkacia
12-15-2006, 07:38 AM
One word answer, chocolate.

When I'm feeling depressed and/or disappointed, I reach for chocolate. It works too.

Phoenix Flame
12-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Tee hee... that's right Arkacia! Ah, the wonderful healing properties of chocolate...similar to those of an elixer. :p

Oolyan
12-15-2006, 11:19 AM
elixers are chocolate

Phoenix Flame
12-28-2006, 11:22 AM
I've realized more and more lately that I return to old behaviours, feelings, and thoughts when I am depressed. Time seems to slip by, while I drown-out my nagging thoughts with whatever is at hand. It's like taking two steps back for every one forward. It's aggravating and comforting all at the same time. Then I sleep - when I'm finally too exhausted to be busy. Never dreaming. Always restless. "Isn't there more...there is, I can sense all I could be if I could only let go. Give up trying and just DO."