PDA

View Full Version : Battle Tournament II

Squall Lionheart
11-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Participants must follow the Tournament Tutorial (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=836) rules in order not to get disqualified, everyone can also check their battles at the Calendar (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/calendar.php?)...

First 5 positions will be awarded in the following order:

- 1st 2'000 Gils
- 2nd 1'500 Gils
- 3rd 1'000 Gils
- 4th 750 Gils
- 5th 500 Gils (Fifth position will be decided depending on the duelists EXP followed by the # of battles fought and ranking)

Here are the First Tournament's results:

Winner: ShadowHeart
2nd: Squall Lionheart
3rd: Tiny Bronco

Battles have been randomly selected by a third party anonymus member and here are the assigned battles, anyone that has NONE means s/he will move to the next battle:

squall leonheart vs NONE (N/A)
John Smith vs NONE (N/A)
ChocoboMan vs NONE (N/A)
Tiny Bronco vs EmpressCrystal (21st)
Squall Lionheart vs NONE (N/A)
blukazoo159 vs NONE (N/A)
Xartex vs NONE (N/A)
darkshadow2247 vs NONE (N/A)

Best of Luck...

John Smith
11-20-2006, 11:33 AM
:eek: Poor empress :(

Erm... how is the N/A person going to go to the next battle?

Does the winner always go to the other or will other arranjements be done? :confused:

Squall Lionheart
11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
No, it doesn't change...for now these duelists don't have any battles...

Meaning that later squall leonheart will be against you, ChocoboMan will fight whoever defeats the other out of Tiny Bronco and EmpressCrystal, etc...

John Smith
11-20-2006, 06:48 PM
I see. So that means that then you'll fight bluzakoo and Xartex will fight darkshadow, right?

By the way, shouldn't you put something like the following "Extended time. Not confirmed yet." in the callendar for the next 2 days of empress's battle? :p

Squall Lionheart
11-21-2006, 07:43 AM
No, the battle time limit is 5 days...
That should be reasonnable enough, extra-time is a special case that was used only once at the last Tournament...it usualy shouldn't be used to keep the Tournament active...

blukazoo159
11-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Nooooooo!!!!!!! I Dont Want To Fight Lionheart!!!!!!!! No!!!! Im Dead Meat!!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squall Lionheart
11-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Whatever...

Tiny Bronco you are late for your battle...

Seyluv
11-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey this is wrong, his HP is higher then mines and he has better magic. Anyway why can't we fight people on our level, then fight people higher then ours in the second or third round we win. There no way I can beat him. I wanna fight you Lionheart. After I get my butt kicked, how about me and you in a match?

Squall Lionheart
11-22-2006, 05:48 PM
I'll look into it and see if I can arrange the battles with consideration to the levels next time...You haven't begun your fight yet and you're already thinking you'll lose...you have one of the highest levels and your opponent hasn't even showed up...I don't understand why you challenged him without Full-curing yourself...

I'm not sure why you want to challenge me but it will have to wait until after the Tournament...for now, try to make an effort it's not always the level that matters...

blukazoo159
11-22-2006, 08:39 PM
she is in battle now and getting beat to a pulp, THIS IS UN FAIR!!! u are 10 levels higher then me, now is that fair, just sayin that i agree with emperess, the level difference in a fight like this can give people a big advantage and make it imposible to others.

Squall Lionheart
11-22-2006, 09:32 PM
I already said I'll look into it...Why don't you train hard enough instead of complaining...how do you think everyone got with their levels to where they are now...
Also there are weapons, items, magics etc... any of these alone can turn the battle to your favour depending on your skill to use them...

Seyluv
11-23-2006, 01:47 AM
I'll look into it and see if I can arrange the battles with consideration to the levels next time...You haven't begun your fight yet and you're already thinking you'll lose...you have one of the highest levels and your opponent hasn't even showed up...I don't understand why you challenged him without Full-curing yourself...

I'm not sure why you want to challenge me but it will have to wait until after the Tournament...for now, try to make an effort it's not always the level that matters...Hey I didn't start the battle, he did it. I was battling in the monster arena , then i didn't heal myself because i was going back again. Anyway when I got back online the battle was already set, so I couldn't do anything.

John Smith
11-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Tiny has won.

Squall Lionheart
11-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Here is the result of the previous battle:
- Tiny Bronco vs EmpressCrystal
Winner Tiny Bronco by victory

Here are the new battles, participants can check them on the Calendar as well:

- squall leonheart vs John Smith (27th)
- ChocoboMan vs Tiny Bronco (27th)
- Squall Lionheart vs blukazoo159 (27th)
- Xartex vs darkshadow2247 (27th)

Anyone who hasn't read the Tournament Tutorial is responsible for its results...
For example participants have to be ready and fully healed before their battle...it's not their opponent's fault they aren't ready by battle time...

Tiny Bronco
11-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Empress Crystal
Hey I didn't start the battle, he did it. I was battling in the monster arena , then i didn't heal myself because i was going back again. Anyway when I got back online the battle was already set, so I couldn't do anything.

You can still heal yourself when you have been challenged. Its once you accept the battle challenge that you can't. In the time between that you can do anything you normally could.

Also, I haven't been here latley because the carpet in my basement is being replaced. My computer and router are in the basement so there isn't much I can do.

Question for Squall:
Blukazoo challenged me, but the calender says I'm supposed to fight ChocoboMan.
I haven't accepted yet and I'm betting that I should follow the calender. Am I right or wrong?

EDIT: Why is everyone complaning that the matches are unfair? You'll still have to fight Squall, me, or someone that is a higher level than you eventually. Thats the way a tournament works!

Squall Lionheart
11-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Whatever... It's your own responsibility to be ready in time for your next battle (which is tommorow for everyone)...
Basically it's none of my buisness as long as you're following the Tournament Tutorial rules...

Seyluv
11-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Empress Crystal

You can still heal yourself when you have been challenged. Its once you accept the battle challenge that you can't. In the time between that you can do anything you normally could.

Also, I haven't been here latley because the carpet in my basement is being replaced. My computer and router are in the basement so there isn't much I can do.

Question for Squall:
Blukazoo challenged me, but the calender says I'm supposed to fight ChocoboMan.
I haven't accepted yet and I'm betting that I should follow the calender. Am I right or wrong?

EDIT: Why is everyone complaning that the matches are unfair? You'll still have to fight Squall, me, or someone that is a higher level than you eventually. Thats the way a tournament works!
Hey that thing doesn't heal much. Besides I was going to save my potions.

blukazoo159
11-27-2006, 12:48 AM
tiny, we complain because we get knocked out without a chance to advance, if it were organized by levels, we would have a way to advance a little and maby win something.

Seyluv
11-27-2006, 01:09 AM
Yeah I know, I don't care really. But, it would have been nice to a least win the first match.

Xartex
11-27-2006, 04:35 AM
I am in the tournament just for fun, I know I hev no chance in winning or anything, and also, not every1 can win their firt match, only han of the people in the tournament can do that so stop complaining.

and also, in all tournaments, no matter what it is the best ones does not meet in the first round. the strong should fight against the weak in the beginning

John Smith
11-27-2006, 11:09 AM
Erm... my opponent is currently in a battle against a person other than me :S

Squall Lionheart
11-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I've noticed...

squall leonhart, you will be responsible and disqualified if you don't show up to your battle at once...

Genesis Rhapsodos
11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
i quit the battle, sorry, i already challenged john

John Smith
11-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I've noticed...

squall leonhart, you will be responsible and disqualified if you don't show up to your battle at once...

:eek:

You don't need to be that harsh :rolleyes:

By the way, the RPG's broken :( (Look at my battle with squall :D)

blukazoo159
11-27-2006, 04:56 PM
lol, when u get a chance, look at leonheart and smiths battle, they keep missing, the list of misses is like a mile long!!!! lol!!!

John Smith
11-27-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm getting tired of having to scroll down so much so many times :D

blukazoo159
11-27-2006, 08:10 PM
ok, why the **** doesn't my magic work and lionheart's does when i have the higher magic stats!!!!!!!!!!!! this doesn't make any sence!!!!! by the way, i lost.

Squall Lionheart
11-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Whatever...The stat I meant was Speed which made it easy to evade most of your attacks...you just didn't train hard enough...

John Smith
11-27-2006, 08:28 PM
My and squall's fight was pretty weird too. If we used our weapons, we couldn't hit each other. Not even with the Limit Break or whatever it's called.

His magics didn't work either :S

Squall Lionheart
11-28-2006, 07:02 AM
ChocoboMan, you are late for your battle...

Tiny Bronco
11-30-2006, 08:01 PM
John Smith
My and squall's fight was pretty weird too. If we used our weapons, we couldn't hit each other. Not even with the Limit Break or whatever it's called.

His magics didn't work either :S

Whoooooooooa!!!

I hope Squall is right with the evade/ speed thing, but This problem has happened before. I asume it was fixed, but I wasn't here for 5 months and I don't know whats been happening.

Anywho, in the last battle tornament I fought Shadow and he COULD NOT hit me. He tried 14 time and twice with limits and not once did he hit me. I ran out of MP so I couldn't kill him since weapons didn't work. However, fists did do damage, but only 40. Since he still had all of his MP he could just cure himself which cost 20 MP and healed 100. The battle would've lasted several weeks before I ran out of HP, but I retreated because he could heal and I couldn't and I would've eventually lost. In this battle tournametn Empress Crystal tried to hit me and Missed. Then she died. I'm hoping this is do to the fact that I have a huge evade and speed. Does anyone know if this glitch was ever fixed?

A way to test this is 2 people who are low levels to fight and since there evades and speed will be so low they should be able to be hit by weapons. Any voulenters?

NOTE: Please excuse all my messed up typing. My keyboard is old.

darkshadow2247
11-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Finished.

Well the same happened in my fight. I'm a mage and all of my blows made contant (magic) but his attacks didn't hit me a single time.

Tiny Bronco
11-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Your oppenents evade was 140 and speed was 280 while yours is 152 anf 456.

Hmmmmm.
Any Moderators have some insight.

Squall Lionheart
11-30-2006, 08:57 PM
darkshadow2247's speed and evade were high compared to his opponent...and you can finish your battle now,it's confirmed...
Also physical attacks aren't causing damage as much as magic attacks...

Notice: ChocoboMan, you are one day away from being disqualified for failing to appear to your battle if you don't show up and finish it in time...

Tiny Bronco
11-30-2006, 10:36 PM
A new member made a thread claiming that he was ChocoboMan and he couldn't log on because he kept getting error messages saying he had the incorrect password/username.
I told him to PM a mod for help. The mod should check his IP address (make sure this isn't some random person trying to get ChocoboMan's password.) and compare it to ChocoboMna's one.

Squall Lionheart
12-01-2006, 06:25 PM
The Battles can't be delayed too long...and it's his own responsability to take care of his ID...
We can't just wait with no idea when will he be ready for the battle...
No one even knows if it's actually him...

darkshadow2247
12-01-2006, 09:21 PM
I don't know about this speed/evade thing.

Squall Lionheart
12-02-2006, 08:16 AM
It's certain that ChocoboMan's ID problem wasn't his fault, and is fixed...You should be able to start your battle now and your battle time limit is 3 days starting from today...

Tiny Bronco don't cancel your battle yet...

Squall Lionheart
12-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Here are the results of the previous battles:

- squall leonheart vs John Smith
Winner John Smith by victory

- ChocoboMan vs Tiny Bronco

- Squall Lionheart vs blukazoo159
Winner Squall Lionheart by victory

- Xartex vs darkshadow2247
Winner darkshadow2247 by victory

The following battles will be for the first four positions, all remaining participants will have two battles to fight no matter their results:

- John Smith vs Tiny Bronco (6th)
- Squall Lionheart vs darkshadow2247 (6th)

The fifth position will be awarded to the one with the highest level of those who didn't make it...
The level comparing will begin after the Tournament is done...meaning that those who didn't make it still have a chance to train...

John Smith
12-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Squall, you forgot about this: Check the callendar! Both battles start Wednesday!
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

I have a question. What's with the "(6th)"s?

Squall Lionheart
12-03-2006, 08:03 PM

- squall leonheart vs John Smith
Winner John Smith by victory

- ChocoboMan vs Tiny Bronco

- Squall Lionheart vs blukazoo159

- Xartex vs darkshadow2247

The following battles will be for the first four positions, all remaining participants will have two battles to fight no matter their results:

- John Smith vs Tiny Bronco (6th)
- Squall Lionheart vs darkshadow2247 (6th)

The fifth position will be awarded to the one with the highest level of those who didn't make it...
The level comparing will begin after the Tournament is done...meaning that those who didn't make it still have a chance to train...

Your question answers what you said that I forgot about...

Tiny Bronco
12-05-2006, 07:33 PM
Lol. The above made me laugh. Wensday IS the 6th as in the 6th of November.
At least John Smith has weapons this time. And for all those who are confused: You can still heal and buy stuffs when you have been challenged. To do this just don't ACCEPTthe challenge.
Exm: Noob1 challenges Noob 2
Noob1 is ready to go. Noob 2 needs to heal.
Noob 2 says "Nope I will accept the challenge later after I have healed and done whatever my little heart desires."
Noob 2 then runs off and heals him/herself and then accepts the battle challenge.
Noobs 2 beats Noob 1 and is no longer a Noob.
The End :P

John Smith
12-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Lol. The above made me laugh. Wensday IS the 6th as in the 6th of November.

:eek: *blushes* But... November? :D

At least John Smith has weapons this time.

What do you mean? I already had one...

Tiny Bronco
12-06-2006, 08:09 PM
ChocoboMan didn't have any weapons, armor, magic, or items bought in my last battle which I don't understand. How do you get to level 22 without buying a weapon!?
Your move.

John Smith
12-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Oh ok.

I thought that an automatic PM would be sent to me when you accepted the battle request :S

Squall Lionheart
12-08-2006, 09:36 PM

- John Smith vs Tiny Bronco
- Squall Lionheart vs darkshadow2247

These final battles will be for the first four positions:

- Third and fourth position:
John Smith vs darkshadow2247 (11th)

- Final Battle:
Tiny Bronco vs Squall Lionheart (14th)

Remember that the fifth position will be awarded to the one with the highest level of those who didn't make it...

darkshadow2247
12-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Yea, I kind of had my ass handed to me. The evasion stat/hit ratio are way ******! It should be mad closer.

John Smith
12-11-2006, 07:11 PM
My opponent is still in a battle...

Uh... Squall, correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't confirmed your battle, have you? :D

darkshadow2247
12-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Heh, I didn't confirm.

Squall Lionheart
12-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Then you better get done with it if you don't want to miss your next battle...

Squall Lionheart
12-14-2006, 12:36 PM
John Smith and darkshadow2247, you have one more day to finish your fight...

John Smith
12-14-2006, 04:36 PM
With different timezones, it's difficult to make the battle all the way through in one time.

Btw, I added you in MSN and Yahoo darkshadow.

Squall Lionheart
12-15-2006, 02:24 PM
I understand...but today is your last day, now both of you have to confirm that you need extra-time

Then get done with it...

John Smith
12-15-2006, 04:21 PM
Ok. Then, if we can't finish the battle today, I request some extra time. (I'm goint to lose in one more turn though, but oh well :D)

darkshadow2247
12-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Yes, we need a bit more time. 1 day, 2 at the most. I've been busy at Tennis practice.

Squall Lionheart
12-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Fine, you have 2 days...

darkshadow2247
12-16-2006, 01:45 PM
No need to be so pessimistic about it. The battle is over.

Squall Lionheart
12-17-2006, 01:57 PM
The Battle Tournament is finished...here are the final battles' results:

- 3rd and 4th position: John Smith vs darkshadow2247

- Final Battle: Tiny Bronco vs Squall Lionheart

Winner Squall Lionheart by withdraw

Meaning the Championship results will be:

Winner: Squall Lionheart
Reward: 2'000 Gils

Second: Tiny Bronco
Reward: 1'500 Gils

Third: darkshadow2247
Reward: 1'000 Gils

Fourth: John Smith
Reward: 750 Gils

Fifth: ChocoboMan/blukazoo159
Reward: 500 Gils to each

Participants who made it will be rewarded shortly...
Congratulations to everyone...

John Smith
12-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Congratulations to all participants, especially to Squall Lionheart and Tiny Bronco! ;)

darkshadow2247
12-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Congrats to everyone who participated. In essence, you didn't lose; you came out with more gil than you went in with.

John Smith
12-17-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm not too sure about that! O_o (Speaks the person who only had a Mage Masher and "Cure" before the Tournament)

Arkacia
12-21-2006, 06:06 AM
Rewards given to all who earned them. Congrats everyone :).