PDA

View Full Version : Superbosses in the monster arena

dappa
11-22-2006, 05:40 PM
What is the way to defeating neslug? Can anyone help?

His Hp recovery is too much for me to catch up with. Even with anima on 255 strength and two overdrives I still cant deal a finishing blow to this fiend.

Spec Highwind
11-22-2006, 06:01 PM
I defeated that one =o Like 30 times... but I never played FFX much...

Lyde Lyde
11-22-2006, 08:56 PM
I don't know I was never able to defeat any of the Monster Arena Creations.

Phoenix Flame
11-23-2006, 02:59 AM
Here is the easy way:

If you have a character that deals 99,999 dmg every hit, use them and hit the beast...I think 20x. (You'll have to check it because my memory is failing me.) Now, use Wakka's attack reels and make sure you get the best [reel/spin?] you can. This should break his shell before he ever goes in. Then just mop him up! Let me know how it goes...but this is the easiest way because after you deal 2 mil. dmg to this monster he retreats. After you do an attack reels (before he retreats into his shell to gain hp back - after doing just below 2 million dmg.) it breaks the shell before he gets a chance to regenerate hp!!!

Hope this helps!

dappa
11-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Ahh I see, so the key is to removing his shell. Thankyou!!!

I dont have attack reels though.

Kat
11-23-2006, 10:52 PM
i've gotten as far as removing its shell and couldn't get any farther -_-"

Phoenix Flame
11-24-2006, 02:23 AM
I dont have attack reels though.

Either you don't like Blitzball or you have little patience (as I did) while trying to get em. The key is to save your game just prior to finishing the league season (and not after.) This way, if the next prize does not open up a reel, you can simply reset, play the last match over again and hope for a different prize to be unlocked for next season. This also works for the Tournament prizes; however, you have to save just prior to the next availible-to-play tournament opens up. Either way, the attack reels are worth it - unless you have the PAL version - then I think that Anima's OD does MEGA damage!

Enjoy, and GL.

dappa
11-24-2006, 04:58 PM
I suck at blitzball thats the reason I dont have attack reels. I looked on the blitzball prizes and noticed that attack reels is being offered as first prize.

I have little patience for a game which lasts 5 mins each way.

Phoenix Flame
11-25-2006, 01:43 AM
Well...if you can stomach it for about a half-hour, you can get one of the best ODs in teh game IMO.

Spec Highwind
11-25-2006, 08:11 AM
I really have to start FFX again =o

Phoenix Flame
11-25-2006, 09:38 AM
You may have read about it Spec...but the Tidus-only challenge I just did was great.

I haven't had that much fun playing FF in a long, LONG time!

You could consider doing a similar challenge if you love the game. There's plenty out there.

I want to try a 'no sphere grid' challenge next. <sighs...> Where does the time go???

Kat
11-25-2006, 03:45 PM
okay so since this thread was made,anyone know how to kill Shinryu?
he is an underwater monster and Rikku,Tidus,and Wakka are not really my strongest people..
any tips for me?

Spec Highwind
11-25-2006, 04:12 PM
You may have read about it Spec...but the Tidus-only challenge I just did was great.

I haven't had that much fun playing FF in a long, LONG time!

You could consider doing a similar challenge if you love the game. There's plenty out there.

I want to try a 'no sphere grid' challenge next. <sighs...> Where does the time go???

But Tidus is a fag =o

Kat
11-25-2006, 04:20 PM
But Tidus is a fag =o>.< your just jealous cuz he's hot and famous
i think he is anyway :rolleyes:

now about that Shinryu...

Spec Highwind
11-25-2006, 06:05 PM
>.< your just jealous cuz he's hot and famous
i think he is anyway :rolleyes:

now about that Shinryu...

I would hate to be famous...

Kat
11-25-2006, 09:29 PM
stop spamming >,< if you have any advice on how to kill Shinryu then just tell me already!
:p

Spec Highwind
11-26-2006, 08:12 AM
I think I defeated Shinryu =o

But Rikku was my strongest character, followed by Lulu.

dappa
11-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Shinryu

Auto phoenix and stoneproof are a must for your armour. 30 megaphoenix is all you need for auto phoenix plus that guy in the monster arena dishes out 99 of them to you.

I never beat him as I didn't have stoneproof in my armour.

As for that monster neslug, how do you remove his shell?

Kat
11-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Shinryu

Auto phoenix and stoneproof are a must for your armour. 30 megaphoenix is all you need for auto phoenix plus that guy in the monster arena dishes out 99 of them to you.

I never beat him as I didn't have stoneproof in my armour.

As for that monster neslug, how do you remove his shell?thanx for the tip ^.^
and i think to remove Neslug's shell..i "think" you just beat the crap out of it but im not 100% sure.

Spec Highwind
11-26-2006, 04:57 PM
You are sure, now, kat

dappa
11-26-2006, 05:50 PM
That neslug I have hit him contstantly with anima doing 99999 damage to him each time and two olivion overdrives each and that blasted shell is still there.

I wonder if it is based on luck on whether or not a really strong hit will remove his shell?

Kat
11-26-2006, 06:08 PM
ask Hydra he knows everything :p
almost anyway:D

Spec Highwind
11-26-2006, 06:20 PM
It's based on its HP, I think

dappa
12-21-2006, 07:30 AM
It's based on its HP, I think

Yep you are right on that one. The official guide says once you knock his hp down to 1 million he will lose his shell and the ability to regenerate at those riddiculous levels.

As for shinryu I've discovered there is nothing you can do about that attack in which he shatters a member of your party, even a ribbon wont help but once he has removed two members of your party he wont do it anymore.

So you have a choice of either trying to defeat him with all 3 characters before he can start using the shatter attack or you defeat him using only one character, which sucks.

Phoenix Flame
12-22-2006, 04:33 AM
As for shinryu I've discovered there is nothing you can do about that attack in which he shatters a member of your party, even a ribbon wont help but once he has removed two members of your party he wont do it anymore.

So you have a choice of either trying to defeat him with all 3 characters before he can start using the shatter attack or you defeat him using only one character, which sucks.

This is absolutely true. I usually just mopped the floor w/him because my lvls were so high Kat. Or use 2 Attack Reel OD's and he should be close to death. Protect, Shell help but you really need high speed and attack to take em down.

And dappa...

Play blitz for the Attack reels. Or try to use an Anima OD after exactly 20 hits doing exactly 99,999 dmg. Hopefully afterwards, you'll break his shell with your Anima OD.

If that still doesn't work, check gamefaqs.com

dappa
12-26-2006, 06:29 PM
I'd love to use anima against shinryu and molly wop him into submission but yuna dont take part in that battle which is a shame.

Oh sorry you mean against neslug reasoniamalive? I have tried it and it doesn't quite do enough damage to neslug as neslug cant be armour breaked.

So each hit from anima is doing roughly 50 000hp which aint enough.

I think next time I play final fantasy 10 I will learn to play sucky blitzball.

Zeon
12-26-2006, 07:57 PM
NESLUG :

do 7 normal attacks from each character doing 99999
then do wakka limit attack reels perfect 12 hits for 99999 X 12
then agen after using entrust use wakka attack reels again

SHELL IS REMOVED :D

after tht its piss :)

Shinryu:

Have all characters with stoneproof
attack reels perfect 99999 X 12
blitz ace (never does max even with 255)
and then have rikku attack,
JUST KEEP ATTACKING!!!! HEAL WHERE NEEDED BLA BLA AND YOUR DONE :D

dappa
01-19-2007, 07:24 PM
This is absolutely true. I usually just mopped the floor w/him because my lvls were so high Kat. Or use 2 Attack Reel OD's and he should be close to death. Protect, Shell help but you really need high speed and attack to take em down.

And dappa...

Play blitz for the Attack reels. Or try to use an Anima OD after exactly 20 hits doing exactly 99,999 dmg. Hopefully afterwards, you'll break his shell with your Anima OD.

If that still doesn't work, check gamefaqs.com

Good news I have learned attack reels, so I will try this out next time I fight neslug. My besaid aurochs are rocking at the moment.

TherathxRikku
10-24-2009, 05:28 AM
I have barely any trouble against everyone except for Shinryu, I don't have it in me to train Wakka, I just hate him so much, not to mention, Attack Reels is impossible for me to acquire...

Heartless Angel
11-12-2009, 11:57 PM
I guess no one has Nemesis, the hardest one of all huh? lol

I beat that thing 5 times and got al lthe Genji armor and great weapons too. But he's hard.

As for the rest, I have Max Stats on all characters, so beating Shinryu is easy. Just use Hastega and quick hit, he shouldn't even attack you once before you kill him. (If your speed is 255)

I'm sure all of you know the Don Tonberry trick to get 99 Sphere grid moves in 1 fight right?

TherathxRikku
11-13-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't. *sheepish laugh*

And I've beaten Nemesis, it just took me FOREVER to get to him. He's a more than satisfying boss if you fight him without using Quick Hit.

Heartless Angel
11-14-2009, 12:42 AM
I don't. *sheepish laugh*

And I've beaten Nemesis, it just took me FOREVER to get to him. He's a more than satisfying boss if you fight him without using Quick Hit.

:D

Yes it does take a lot of time getting all the fiends, A LOT of time, but it is worth it to me to beat the game in everyway, (Except for the Celestial Weapons... grrrr) Nemesis is fun to fight.

Without Quick Hit? I'll have to try that, though I don't look forward to it. ;P

TherathxRikku
11-14-2009, 03:23 AM
You might wanna have a Celestial weapon or two for that. lol

And probably some weed to calm yourself. xD

Heartless Angel
11-16-2009, 02:13 AM
You might wanna have a Celestial weapon or two for that. lol

And probably some weed to calm yourself. xD
Yeah, I usually use Auron, Rikku and Yuna to fight him.

TherathxRikku
11-16-2009, 02:50 AM
Tidus, Auron and Rikku, ftw. :D